• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

Alderamin episode 12

With only one more episode, guess it will be just enough to get an conclusion to this battle, but not much else. As with the previous episode , the battle between the two capable commanders was quite tense, with Torway and his sniper troop getting some spotlight this time.

ctbqg7kviaa4zbaw8uc0.jpg

Homura could sell me everything.

Kwixotik

I know this isn't anime but

I want to be prepared for the samurai jack reboot. Should I watch the whole series or should I just watch the "best" episodes?

Battery has my seal of approval. I can certainly understand why some people don't like it, especially if they approach from the perspective of a sport anime fan, but I really appreciate what Mochizuki did with the series. Some really great stuff.
I enjoyed the show as well. I don't think the dislike is necessarily coming from those approaching it as a sports anime fan though, it's more of an issue of people not being able to get past that it's about a bunch of young people acting like dumb young people.

Eumi

This just reminded me how sad I am that you don't get rivals anymore. Ever since Ruby/ Sapphire they've just been buddies with you.

There's nothing better than stomping Gary's dreams into the dirt in front of his Grandad.

Deadly

Alderamin 12
That outmaneuver tho. Unfortunate this is ending next episode with no signs of another season. The more interesting storyline is a couple volumes away... Madhouse does it again :(

Digimon Adventure tri 09
So what the fuck it's not an erased memory thing because they clearly know about the 02 kids. They should be completely "what in the fuckin world" @ Ken then and why wouldn't they even bother contacting any of them instead of just asking the lady like that? Really hope this is addressed in the following episodes.... Also that Project Rebirth thing seems to be alluding to a simple reboot

Taruranto

I enjoyed the show as well. I don't think the dislike is necessarily coming from those approaching it as a sports anime fan though, it's more of an issue of people not being able to get past that it's about a bunch of young people acting like dumb young people.

That's not the issue I have with the show, the first bunch of episodes were fine, I enjoyed Takumi character because he was a different take from the usual shounen MC/LN MC, but the show ultimately failed to do anything with his character and Gou. This episode they had what, 10 lines? Seiha went nowhere, the coach character went nowhere, the grandpa went nowhere, Takumi's mom went nowhere, Gou's mom went nowhere. It's a characters focused story where half of the cast faded into nothing. Yes, Takumi and Gou's moms weren't meant to be important characters, but there were certain dynamics that the show was clearly trying to explore that simply... faded into nothing?

The new dudes hijacked the plot, that's fine, they brought a different dynamic, but even their drama wasn't particular well told and lacked of any resolution. The scenes flow was bad, there has been like, what, two time-skips and it barely felt like minutes passed or the characters changed.

Yes, there is certainly a group of people that couldn't get past the characters were flawed in real ways instead of stupid anime flaws (KEYaids stuff is way worse, drama-wise, but people get past it because the characters are cute or give them a boner), but there are also people that have legitimate problems with the development (or lack of thereof) of Battery characters. I wanted to like Battery, but the show just failed me in every possible way.

Seriously.

Qurupeke

Digimon Adventure tri 11-13

Angewomon, finally. And Alphamon vs Jesmon was sweet. Anyway, the next part should be interesting, we're on the Digital World now! I wonder what's the deal with Himekawa.

Hmm, overall it was alright, I think we're done with infodumps now. I hoped for more action though. This is probably my biggest complaint with tri.

Wanderer5

91 Days #11

Well then.

Lots of death in this episode heh. Killing the Don of Galassias that then causes the Galassias to start killing the Vanetti is quite something, but works for Avilio pretty much.

Only one more episode.T.T

sasuke_91

Watched 91 Days 1-3 and... it was pretty bad. This anime tried a little too hard to be cool and it gave me Gangsta vibes. Decided to drop after the first episode and watched 2 more to see if was better than I thought.
It wasn't.

Wanderer5

Anyone else have not that much to watch for the Fall season?

Right now there only three shows I am interested (Bungo Stray Dogs, Sound! Euphonium, Shuumatsu no Izetta), two of which are returning shows. Nothing else is really grabbing at the moment beside maybe Monster Hunter Stories, but meh, think I am going to wind down a little for this season anyway. I play by ear for probably one more show to slip in if it grabs my interests.

phaze

Pretty much sure to continue watching:
Ajin
Bungou
Haikyuu
HIbike

At the very least 3 episodes:
Yuri on Ice
Drifters
3gatsu
Flip Flappers
Tiger Mask W
Sengoku Choujuu Giga

I dunno it looks actually pretty decent. Obviously not every new title will tickle my fancy but there's potential.

There's never anything to watch any season.

My current list looks like:

So you're saying your looking for things to watch huh ?

Qurupeke

My Autumn watch list looks something like this.

I'm sure they'll be great (KyoAni & Shaft tier):
Hibike! Euphonium S2
3-gatsu no Lion

Promising:
Occultic;Nine
Flip Flappers
Fune wo Amu

Not so promising but maybe fun:
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Girlish Number
Soushin Shoujo Matoi

91 Days 11

Haha, oh my god. Awesome.

Anyone else have not that much to watch for the Fall season?

My current watch list for fall is:

Sangatsu no Lion
The Great Passage
Stella no Mahou
Natsume's Book of Friends S5
Flip Flappers
Classicaloid
Sound Euphonium S2
Nobunaga no Shinobi
Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On
Iron-Blooded Orphans S2?
Luger Code 1951
Haikyuu S3
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
Show by Rock S2
Shuumatsu no Izetta
Yuri on Ice
Long Riders
Occultic Nine
WWW.WORKING!!
Teekyuu S8
Time Bokan 24?
Tiger Mask W
Chi's Sweet Home (Koneko no Chi: Ponpora no Daibouken)

Taruranto

Avilio means plan #11

I have to say, I don't understand Nero's behaviors at all.

I mean, yes, we saw them becoming buddy-buddy during the trip, but he has know him for what, 2 months? The dude is clearly on the verge of collapse and it's not like Nero acted as a forgiving friend toward him. What does he plan to do, adopt a puppy together?

Unless hot stuff really went in background, I question the validity of this development.

My current watch list for Fall looks like:

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
Sound! Euphonium Season 2

I'm sure I'll check out some other stuff at some point, but that's the only stuff I'm 100% locked on.

phaze

91 Days

Such a bizzare scene and super fast transition. They don't appear to have guns in their hands yet he just folds his biggest shot at his revenge ? I guess if you

I also like the implication that they cleaned up 3 corpses from the front of those doors yet didn't bother to inform Nero and rest that something is up.

But with that said, I enjoyed the twist at the end there.

Nejimaki 12

Solid episode, but considering the show is going to end with a "go read the LNs" type of ending I'm neither hyped or non-hyped for the battle to finish. It'll just be a battle.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 12

Fantastic episode, though it's disappointing they're going this route because that CG motherfucker in the preview looked hilariously bad.

I know this isn't anime but

I want to be prepared for the samurai jack reboot. Should I watch the whole series or should I just watch the "best" episodes?

Watch the whole thing. There aren't a lot of episodes and while early season there are some weak relatively throw-away episodes it's still very very enjoyable.

Andrew J.

Fall watchlist

Drifters
Euphomium S2
Gundam IBO S2
Keijo
Vivid Strike

Continuing with Diamond is Unbreakable.

Pretty quiet season, overall.

Your Name has got a lot of hype for it. Loved 5cm but was not a fan of Makoto's other works. Heard from a friend that this film is his best work and a lot more captivating. Doubt there will be showings here in the UK. Only Ghibli, Naruto and DBZ here get the go pass -__-

No clue what that is.

The various chart sites seem rather conflicted on the issue but if you say so, I don't follow the series.

Don't rely on anichart et al as reliable sources of information; they're not consistently updated. We know from official sources such as disc solicitations and the official website that Diamond is Unbreakable is running straight through without break.

jgminto

Amanchu ended well, this season was really good for comfort shows with that and sweetness & lightning. How do you prefer your chill cuteness? Gay muppet girls or father/daughter chefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom