• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabu Raibu Sunshine 13 END

gUrWMIq.jpg
ncmwCBW.jpg
vRoJVXw.jpg

bless and protect this chuuni idiot

Feels like there should have been one more episode? What a weird ending for a show I surprisingly enjoyed a lot.

Mari > Yohane > Dia > You > Everyone else

Tuck

Re:Zero - 17
Subaru has really changed.

For the worse.

He's spiralling, and has been for several episodes now. The show was more fun before this all happened but I guess its for the best. Eager to see how Subaru figures out a way to stop losing so utterly and completely by those better than him.

Quasar

Anime friends, I'm dead set on not having to spend January vetting stuff for AOTY so I'm making a list of shows from this season to see what I should check out yet (or finish) for these purposes. I don't care to hear about what I shouldn't watch and am far more interested in what I might be missing. Shounen S2s need not apply. Nor should Euphonium S2 since I haven't watched the first. I'll fit movies in later too.

Sweetness and Lightning.
Natsume S5 assuming you have seen the others.

Cornbread78

Rewrite ep.13/END
Rewrite-Episode-13-Subtitle-Indonesia-310x165.jpg

What was that ending? Is there a second season coming? Nevermind, what even was this show? I'm at a loss for words, probably because my expectations were too high to begin with beacause Rewrite is one of Key's biggest and "best" VN's, however.... Nothing was conclusive and nothing made sense until the very end. Hey, at least they managed to
kill off the entire cast, other than Kagari, so that's something unseen.
Hopefully, those that played the VN got something out of this at least...

Sandfox

Rewrite ep.13/END
Rewrite-Episode-13-Subtitle-Indonesia-310x165.jpg

What was that ending? Is there a second season coming? Nevermind, what even was this show? I'm at a loss for words, probably because my expectations were too high to begin with beacause Rewrite is one of Key's biggest and "best" VN's, however.... Nothing was conclusive and nothing made sense until the very end. Hey, at least they managed to
kill off the entire cast, other than Kagari, so that's something unseen.
Hopefully, those that played the VN got something out of this at least...

They already announced a second season that will adapt the final two routes of the VN.

If Thunderbolt Fantasy isn't allowed then it should at least get a special mention.

My list is already guaranteed to be like

1. Mob Psycho 100
2. 91 Days

And everything else will just fall in line.

javac

I only watched two things that aired this year, mind you that's more than the amount of anime I watched that came out last year, which was zero.

Wanderer5

Way I see it now so far is that my current top 3 this year would be Mob Psycho 100 > Kiznaiver > 91 Days.

91 Days could probably bump up if it has a excellent ending.

I would probably throw Thunderbolt Fantasy in as a honorable mention or such. There is the term "Supermarionation" and probably others, but Thunderbolt being a "anime" is so debatable in ways.

Cornbread78

I think a special exemption should be made for it.

It's not anime or even a cartoon.

I mean, The Simpsons would be closer, lol

If Thunderbolt Fantasy isn't allowed then it should at least get a special mention.

This is true, it gets a shitton of praise.

Qualidea Code ep.12/END
OK in the end I guess. Weak attempt at some romance there, but whatever, I'll take it because I like Song-chan. It was a pretty conclusive ending despite a shitton of questions not being answered, which is typical of a 12 episode show.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
God eater 2 first arc end
Local idol save the day
ending was cheesy as hell, and the pacing during the middle part was terrible. Time to play 2nd season

Cornbread78

91 Days > Mob Psycho > Kiznaiver > Re:Zero > Haikyuu!!
I think.
Then maybe Soma and Erased.

Don't forget Konosuba! Watch it if you haven't yet!

Hopefully, Erased stays up high on the list.. JoJo and MHA are probably going to dominate though.

I discarded any possibility of them making stuff make sense after 1 episode lol

Lol. I'm really disappointed in how bad they did this could you tell?

Tuck

Pretty sure MHA is going to be top of my "Biggest Disappointments of the Year" or "Dishonourable mentions" list. What an utterly annoying MC and rival.

Jojo wasn't really my thing either, but not because it was bad or anything.

At the moment

1.JoJo
2. Mob Psycho 100
3/4. Uchuu Patrol Luluco
3/4. Gintama°
5/6. Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
5/6. Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
7/8. Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows
7/8. Flying Witch
9/10. ReLIFE
9/10. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Though I will be finishing/starting (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and 91 Days) prior to the voting. Yes I watched, tried and stopped or tried and dropped: ReZero, MHA, Souma 2, Erased and others.

Diamond is Unbreakable.

That's uh...that's about it for me so far.

Gonna be honest, this AOTY is gonna be pretty messy. Chances are something like Erased or Re:Zero is gonna end up winning over something like Mob or Rakugo and I imagine there'll be a lot of yelling about it in the thread.

Reading through Amanchu!, its interesting to see how much events were moved around and given original content to fill in the time. Little sad that they didn't adapt the chapter where we find out Cha/Aria (the Buttface Cat) is actually a masochist.

Reading through Amanchu!, its interesting to see how much events were moved around and given original content to fill in the time. Little sad that they didn't adapt the chapter where we find out Cha/Aria (the Buttface Cat) is actually a masochist.

I'm pretty sure by default we can assume that pussies tend to take a pounding.

Eklesp

Ergo Proxy
Just finished, I really liked it but I feel super dumb.

giphy.gif

Now time to find someone to explain it to me.
didnt get what Proxies were. Created by people to fix the earth or were they gods? Also Re-al, was she made to bring ergo proxy back? The proxy that looked like her in the end that the doctor/scientist created? What.

Even though I feel like I am missing a lot. I really dug the characters and the trip.

MartyStu

Ergo Proxy

giphy.gif

didnt get what Proxies were. Created by people to fix the earth or were they gods? Also Re-al, was she made to bring ergo proxy back? The proxy that looked like her in the end that the doctor/scientist created? What.

Even though I feel like I am missing a lot. I really dug the characters and the trip.

Dude, do not try to make sense of Ergo Proxy.

You only feel super dumb because the show muderized your brain cells with its stupidity.

Verelios

Ya'll ready to not put Keijo! as a watched show but I'm positive everybody is going to be shame watching that shit every week.

Me? I'm putting it right on top, first show of the season. Shame? WHAT IS THAT!?

1.Keijo!
2.3 Gatsu
3.IBO Season 2
4.Others(3 show rule)

re:Zero

i watched it all up until the ending. i didn't even enjoy it i just didn't want to get off the shipwreck before it hit the bottom of the sea

fucking awful setting, characters, writing, consistency, etc

literally re:Zero out of ten

MartyStu

re:Zero

i watched it all up until the ending. i didn't even enjoy it i just didn't want to get off the shipwreck before it hit the bottom of the sea

fucking awful setting, characters, writing, consistency, etc

literally re:Zero out of ten

Personally, I really liked many parts of it until you find out
what kills the protagonist at the mansion.
At this point, I was pretty much done with any hope that this anime could be anything intelligent.

After that, I stayed for pretty much the same reason.

Personally, I really liked many parts of it until you find out
what kills the protagonist at the mansion.
At this point, I was pretty much done with any hope that this anime could be anything intelligent.

After that, I stayed for pretty much the same reason.

the best part was the fact that they just left out
rem after episode 21ish. didn't even bother to write her out. just dropped her
:^)

Ergo Proxy

All I know is that Ergo Proxy probably has some of my favorite character relationships in an anime. And Pino is amazing

I need an anime to get me back into anime. Something just amazing. But I have no idea what I want to watch. The last anime I really loved was The Eccentric Family. But I love action too....Don't think I've watched a single show this year except Gargantia on the Verd. whatever planet. I stopped after 5 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom