• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best part was the fact that they just left out
rem after episode 21ish. didn't even bother to write her out. just dropped her
:^)

Wanna know something funny?

If the scene at the end lasted just a few more minutes, you would have gotten a scene where it gets revealed that Rem was attacked by a Gluttony archbishop and fell into a coma, with literally everybody but Subaru forgetting her.

She's been out of commission in the Web Novel for the past three arcs, and to my knowledge is still out of it now.

Wanna know something funny?

If the scene at the end lasted just a few more minutes, you would have gotten a scene where it gets revealed that Rem was attacked by a Gluttony archbishop and fell into a coma, with literally everybody but Subaru forgetting her.

She's been out of commission in the Web Novel for the past three arcs, and to my knowledge is still out of it now.

fuck me dude that is hilarious. this shit was embarrassingly bad

Just finished re-watching Nozaki-Kun.

Any recommendations for other genuinely hilarious anime?

I mean what have you watched?

Because my go-to list is always:

Cromartie High
Gintama
Detroit Metal City
Nozaki-un
Arakawa Under the Bridge

I'll assume you've already seen Gintama since many here have, so if you haven't seen Cromartie High or Detroit Metal City give those a watch ASAP

Azumanga Daioh

Folks love listing this but for me it ended up being a bit too mellow at points to be considered among the genuinely funny anime.

Ya'll ready to not put Keijo! as a watched show but I'm positive everybody is going to be shame watching that shit every week.

Me? I'm putting it right on top, first show of the season. Shame? WHAT IS THAT!?

1.Keijo!
2.3 Gatsu
3.IBO Season 2
4.Others(3 show rule)

Keijo! is one of my most anticipated shows for this upcoming season, I just hope that they can somehow get up to the East-West War. But I'm doubtful unless they hack off a lot of fat.

Going purely off brief descriptions of each, I'm contemplating watching one of these 3 next:

Bungou Stray Dogs
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress)

Hopefully they are available on Crunchy Roll, and hopefully they don't suck. Any good ones in here?

Going purely off brief descriptions of each, I'm contemplating watching one of these 3 next:

Bungou Stray Dogs

Hopefully they are available on Crunchy Roll, and hopefully they don't suck. Any good ones in here?

They're all 6/10 series and only Bungo is on CR

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs

My Hero Academia is on Funi, Bungou Stray Dogs is on CR, Kabeneri is on Amazon.

Bungou Stray Dogs

Bungou Stary Dogs (On Crunchy): Does Suck.
Boku no Hero Academia (Funimation): Is a disappointing adaption for us Manga Readers.
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Amazon): Attack on Titan 1.5

If you're looking for shows to watch from recent season you'd have an easier time with actually good shows like MP100 and 91 Days, based off your choices. Assuming you aren't already watching them, but I don't know who is and isn't.

If I really think about it...I'm probably behind about 2-3 years now on anime. It's hard even figuring out what I've missed. The last two I remember watching that I loved were Stein's Gate and The Eccentric Family. I can't even remember the last action/fantasy/sci-fi anime I watched that I really liked.

just watch thunderbolt fantasy

If I really think about it...I'm probably behind about 2-3 years now on anime. It's hard even figuring out what I've missed. The last two I remember watching that I loved were Stein's Gate and The Eccentric Family. I can't even remember the last action/fantasy/sci-fi anime I watched that I really liked.

lucky you, Eccentric Family is getting a second season. good stuff from the past few years -

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ping Pong the Animation
Space Dandy
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Mob Psycho 100
Gatchaman Crowds
Shirobako
Death parade

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs

Bungou Stray Dogs gets pretty damn decent, so maybe give that one a chance, unless the characters turn you off (one of the series' strengths personally). The second half looks to be even better now that things have been picking up.

Kabaneri is a dumb but enjoyable summer blockbuster like series heh, but is only on amazon.

For this last season on CR, definitely Mob Psycho 100 and 91 days.

T-Rex.

Banned
Ya'll ready to not put Keijo! as a watched show but I'm positive everybody is going to be shame watching that shit every week.

Me? I'm putting it right on top, first show of the season. Shame? WHAT IS THAT!?

1.Keijo!
2.3 Gatsu
3.IBO Season 2
4.Others(3 show rule)
Nah, I'm in. I usually have no time for ecchi shows as well, but one which is basically a shonen with ultimate attacks and shit? Gonna be hype.

Kuromukuro S1

Watched the whole season this week (god bless netflix) give it a solid 7/10 really cool and unique mech designs, cant wait to see what kicks off season 2 in 2 weeks.

Look at previous AOTY threads to see the top 10 each year to see what's worth watching.

DiGiKerot

If only LL would learn from Idolmaster and make a fantastic mecha anime series with the original LL cast.

Given that Love Live studio Sunrise 8 were the ones who made Xenoglossia, I think it's only be fair if Sunrise licensed the characters out to A-1 Pictures to make a robot cartoon with.

phaze

5cm per second

There isn't a single happy scene in this entire movie :(

The grief ... it's good.

Ergo Proxy
Just finished, I really liked it but I feel super dumb.

Now time to find someone to explain it to me.
didnt get what Proxies were. Created by people to fix the earth or were they gods?

Even though I feel like I am missing a lot. I really dug the characters and the trip.
145095099355062jtc.jpg
Created by humans yes. But not the MC IIRC.

Also Re-al, was she made to bring ergo proxy back? The proxy that looked like her in the end that the doctor/scientist created? What.

My memory is fuzzy but something like that I think yeah

Handa-kun 01
019959r2l59.jpg

maxpayneIwasinacomputergame.jpg

I'm not sure what I expected but I surely didn't expected that. Even omitting the meta overload at the beginning the tone is much more over the top then I expected. I knew this was supposed something completely different to Barakamon but I still came not prepared I guess. One scene made me laugh, rest was fairly inoffensive, warrants a further watch.

Oh we're doing AOTY lists ?

Kiznaiver
Rakugo
Mob
Haikyuu
Luluco
Bungou Stray Dogs
Thunderbolt
Re: Zero
Tanaka

but I've no idea quite where to place most shows. It's Kiznaiver and Rakugo vying for # 1, maybe Mob at #3 though I'm growing colder on it episode by episode and a free for all among the remaining ones

Bungou Stray Dogs

Don't let those guys stop you from watching My Hero Academia! I personally think it's one of the best shonen out there and the anime, while yes slow, did a amazing job adapting it. It's full of life and the characters are all amazing. It also has some of the best anime battle moments of the year. If you like battle shonen stuff you must try it. You also be readyfor the upcoming season 2. Do give it a try.

I can't say for kabaneri but Bungo stray was a ok anime.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
SNAFU - Episode 10

How am I supposed to take this seriously, when there's super sad music to the background of kids working on their 'cultural festival'. Why the hell does a highschool festival garner up so much paperwork in the first place?

Maybe the next episode will be just a 20 minutes internal monologue about the struggle of having sand flung in your face in the sandbox.

I don't even think they currently even have enough material for a new season and at the speed Murata is releasing those chapter, this next season must really not be soon.

Is there even enough material for an adaptation? Last time I checked Murata had extended ONE's version and there wasn't any good stopping point.

Why would they need the Murata version? They can use ONE's script with their own art style already established in S1.

jgminto

One Punch Man was enjoyable but I wonder if they can get another full season out of it without the concept becoming tired. There isn't much of an emotional core to keep the audience interested when the comedy doesn't hit 100%.

Qurupeke

Why would they need the Murata version? They can use ONE's script with their own art style already established in S1.

The anime is clearly based on Murata's work though and the latest arc is quite different in the two versions of the story. I suppose they could follow ONE's script if there's not enough to adapt but I'm not sure if they can still deliver something of the same level as Murata's art.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
SNAFU 10-13 (END)

That was forgettable. What were people raving about?
The last episode was pointless and not enjoyable as a "side-story". I didn't really feel like this series did anything I haven't seen before, and particularly this episode.

I bet I'll be watching this in two years again after having forgot about it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom