• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: (not really a spoiler just my interpretation of the scene)
Does Griffith know that Guts is there, though? I took the image from Gut's perspective. Guts literally sees Griffith on a much "higher plane" than himself.

It's hard to know what Griffith really thinks, since he plays his cards so close to his chest, but given that Griffith has extremely keen awareness of his surroundings (as the assassination attempt on him showed) I'm inclined to suspect that he does know that Guts is there. At any rate, Griffith seems to be expressing his true feelings at this point, especially considering how he shoved his dirty work off onto Guts.

Cornbread78

oh man i'm sorry, i rushed to spoiler tag and even then i didnt hide the whole thing, really sorry, if it makes you feel better this isn't a major spoiler

Lol, no worries, I only half read it, lol. I just saw Tawa's name and another word, but I'll forget that one by the time I get there anyway, lol

KraytarJ

Saiki 1-7
Holy fuck, that was amazing. Possibly the funniest anime I've seen since like Kill la Kill. And that soundtrack, got damn.

Cornbread78

Taboo Tatoo ep.2
So I wasn't expecting this to get all get a crazy in episode 2, but oh well, there it went with the
childhood friend getting possesed
and hip thrusting pervy dude trying to undress the othèr girl and sexually harass her at the same time... like, wtf.

zulux21

orange 2

boy someone really messed up the music volume in this episode.
the background music constantly drowns out the character voices :/

to hear the voices of the characters I have to turn up my volume louder than I would like at 10pm. it's like someone his montage mode for the background music or something.

jRFq2hN.jpg
Oh, I hate this???

Sweetness and Lightning: 2
Jesus, not only does this guy cut the bread on his hand with a chef's knife, at one point he was grabbing the knife by the blade.

Anyways, I am dropping this show. It looks like it will mainly be a cooking show with a premise that is just kind of weird.
Why is it a weird premise? A widow teacher who struggles to take care of his daughter and give her a balanced diet joins a loner student victim of divorced parents and a workaholic mother that is also socially awkward (?) and they all bond and keep each other company over cooking. Each episode likely is going to have a plate of the day but I guess we'll also have character growth.

ibyea

Banned
Why is it a weird premise? A widow teacher who struggles to take care of his daughter and give her a balanced diet joins a loner student victim of divorced parents and a workaholic mother that is also socially awkward (?) and they all bond and keep each other company over cooking. Each episode likely is going to have a plate of the day but I guess we'll also have character growth.

That does seem like a weird arrangement to me. I don't think high school teachers often hang out with one of their students like that. Anyways, I am dropping it more so that I don't personally enjoy than it being outright bad, because I think it is okay.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh fuck I just realized I spent some of my senior days cooking in the staff kitchen with my college counselor and some other counselors. She kind of got me into cooking for fun although it's a skill/hobby I neglect.

Literally.

Anime.

Jintor

One of my students goes to the language study thingy I frequent so I see her there outside of school hours.

Her out-of-school fashion sense is hilarious, but I don't tell her that.

That does seem like a weird arrangement to me. I don't think high school teachers often hang out with one of their students like that. Anyways, I am dropping it more so that I don't personally enjoy than it being outright bad, because I think it is okay.
Well even in this current episode one of the older teachers/staff members say that nowadays it is highly uncommon but that back in his days teachers used to regularly go to have dinner with students and family members. Papa sensei also tries to not make it weird by attempting to meet the mom to see if she was fine with him and his daughter cooking dinner with her daughter.

It's by no means a regular premise but in the realm of Anime where Japan is packed to the brim with high schools for super powered students this isn't so bad.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did the girl admit that she only set this up because she wanted to eat vegetables and needed someone, anyone to cut for her?

That part made me lol and confused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom