• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Zero 15

This episode.............

I'm speechless I mean I thought the show was good but I didn't think it would be able to create a atmospheric and absolutely amazing episode. I am blown away on how great this episode was.

I haven't seen a single episode that has been as great as this one this whole year. Jesus even if you found Subaru a moron from the last 2 episodes. He does not deserve the mental torture he got from this episode. I felt extremely sad for him, this poor bastard deserved none of this.

That credit scene was too beautiful as if it were an ending to a tragic story. Props to the staff behind this episode. Honestly if the rest of the series goes downhill from here it still wouldn't tarnish this episode's greatness.

10/10

For me it was when the credits rolled right at the perfect time, with the perfect background music. That was when it hit me, just how epic of a journey episode 15 was. It was by no stretch of the imagination Miguel Sapochnik's "Battle of the Bastards" level of direction brilliance, but it was something special that delivered in all fronts, and I too agree it is arguably one of the best episodes this year.

Battery 1
I really liked this, the deliberate pacing worked well here. I'm glad at least one of the sports shows this season is competent, though it's a shame that we're only getting 11 episodes of it.

RangerBAD

This episode.............

I'm speechless I mean I thought the show was good but I didn't think it would be able to create a atmospheric and absolutely amazing episode. I am blown away on how great this episode was.

I haven't seen a single episode that has been as great as this one this whole year. Jesus even if you found Subaru a moron from the last 2 episodes. He does not deserve the mental torture he got from this episode. I felt extremely sad for him, this poor bastard deserved none of this.

That credit scene was too beautiful as if it were an ending to a tragic story. Props to the staff behind this episode. Honestly if the rest of the series goes downhill from here it still wouldn't tarnish this episode's greatness.

10/10

Fucking incredible, right? It was heartbreaking too, but there's really a pay off in that Subaru learns the hardest of lessons. His shitty attitude in previous episodes is sort of explained too.
He gets called Pride and and he's been acting terribly prideful too.

Aki-at

Fullmetal Alchemist ep.52

Action, action, and more action. This episode was packed with three diffent groups battling the different groups of homoculi. Definately good stuff from start to finish and Mustang comes to save the day at the end in badass fashion...

What's this loli and mechas?

Oh, and Kiritobread, your image is broken.

I didn't see the hotlink caption at the bottom and thought some random character or transformation was going to be introduced in the next episode lol

I feel like Subaru being an incredible dick from the last 2 episodes were necessary in order have a great payoff from episode 15. Yeah it was getting a bit cringe however, with the last 2 episodes we were clearly shown Subaru's massive flaw. His pride is his massive flaw that Beetlejuice pointed out which will probably be a future issue for him. Honestly all this seems like a big set up for Subaru.

I mean the Subaru from episode 1 is a completely different Subaru from now. It really does help how the animators are able to display Subaru's emotions really well.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Barakamon - End

I didn't just like this show. I loved it. I also love all the characters on the show.

RangerBAD

Barakamon - End

I didn't just like this show. I loved it. I also love all the characters on the show.

bkm31.jpg

Good job, man...dom.

Cornbread78

Barakamon - End

Very nice. It's definately one of my all-time favs as well! Having child actors play the kids makes a huge difference in th immersion into the show as well. Naru is great!

tumblr_nxsh23XoEe1rn2chmo1_500.gif

Cornbread78

i played go for about 15 minutes before uninstalling it

now im gonna play a real rpg like star ocean 5 which is probably also bad we'll see

The characters are actualky surprisingly really good, it's just such a departure from previous Star Oceans and you can tell ot was low budget.

I'm almost at the end, but I've been sidetracked doing all the side quests.

What the fuck Netflix! You delay sinbad for the whole season and when it finally comes out its not fucking dubbed?! What's the point of waiting then, shit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What the fuck Netflix! You delay sinbad for the whole season and when it finally comes out its not fucking dubbed?! What's the point of waiting then, shit.
???
netflix is not in a place to produce dubs. why would you expect this? their release format for anime tries to mirror how they release their original shows: in one big batch.

???
netflix is not in a place to produce dubs. why would you expect this? their release format for anime tries to mirror how they release their original shows: in one big batch.
They don't produce them but they at least seem to get them licensed with a dub, like seven deadly sins, Ajinn etc. I thought they would do the same with sinbad :'(

Still watching it though :v

Quasar

So they can dump the whole show at once.

I'm still a bit surprised they released Kuromokuro with only half the episodes.

Line_HTX

Yeah, what's up with that? Release Kuromukuro 1-13 on Netflix and then weekly release the rest of the way? Pretty unusual there.

How is this P.A. Works show so far?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They don't produce them but they at least seem to get them licensed with a dub, like seven deadly sins, Ajinn etc. I thought they would do the same with sinbad :'(

Still watching it though :v
With sinbad's jp cast anyone looking for a dub should be ashamed, tbh.

The characters are actualky surprisingly really good, it's just such a departure from previous Star Oceans and you can tell ot was low budget.

I'm almost at the end, but I've been sidetracked doing all the side quests.

its ok. main pink haired girl's model is ugly af tho and i wish people would stop leaving/joining my party every 30 minutes

cameras pretty trash and if theres more then 6 enemies i cant see wtf is going on

duckroll

Yeah, what's up with that? Release Kuromukuro 1-13 on Netflix and then weekly release the rest of the way? Pretty unusual there.

Really good. And there doesn't seem to be a weekly release after that. It's probably just going to be 14-26 released at the end of this season.

Quasar

I liked what I've seen. But yeah its a bit odd for netflix anime, though they have been puting up a bunch of weekly shows on Netflix Australia at least (some J-Dramas and some US shows).

Subaru was rewarded for his stupidity in a grand fashion. This episode is already a 10/10 with the crazy new villain. The suffering added a lot for the spectacle.

Great stuff. Now lets see if Subaru learned something from all this.

Taboo Tattoo 2

What was that opening sequence? Why was it directed in the most confusing way imaginable?

Also, why wasn't the feet pandering any good?

Mailbox

Luck & Logic 5-12(END)

The show that proves that exposition is REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT! Despite going though the whole series, I still don't think I really even got what the hell "Logic" (is it like the force or some shit?), Logic cards or Trancing really were. Foreigners? Tetra-Heaven? Paradox Zones? This show fails to give any context to basically anything. This basically made me have the 8 deadly words after episode 1. I'm not joking, I legitimately did not give a shit about what was happening, because the show felt like it wasn't respecting itself nor the audience. It didn't help that there were a couple of episodes in the middle that tried to make you care about individual side characters but ended up being cliches and legitimately stupid contrivance after contrivance. With a show's name being Luck & Logic, its sure is fucking illogical a lot of the time. Also, saying something is cliched or taking note of its cliche nature doesn't make a situation not a cliche.

The CG is oddly inconstant ranging from overly smooth to overly studdery and never hitting a sweet spot. It felt like a crutch through and through, never really working with the show but against it. Almost like its trying to so what ETOTAMA did, but failing to get the point of why that show's CG worked so damn well. Despite that the most disappointing part is that it actually feels like a bit of effort was put into this. The art isn't horrible and the designs obviously had thought put into them (though it doesn't help that the characters are just boring). Hell, I'll even give this show credit with its use use of Lucifer (at least until the last couple of episodes) by giving his character proper pacing to make him a not bad villain. This show had an okay amount going for it due to design(well, for the most part, some of the designs suck), but was ruined by lack of exposition, annoying/boring characters, CG, and dumb story aspects. This show is bad.

Doga Kobo can do a LOT better than this, and this show is blemish. The fact that they are doing a season 2 is damn near shameful! (Though not as fucking shameful as the fact that Diabolik Lovers has a second season, but that's a rant for another day) Make Nozaki-kun season 2 instead!

Do not watch this show.

1 more show left on my immediate backlog

I'll take Ono Daisuke sexy voice then some lifeless english voice acting.
Magi dubbed was great! If I ever have the option between sub and dub I will always take the dub. Having not to read subtitles makes any watch experience much better and today's english VAs are super good.

Still waiting for a way to stream that KLK dub legally aniplex.

Cornbread78

its ok. main pink haired girl's model is ugly af tho and i wish people would stop leaving/joining my party every 30 minutes

cameras pretty trash and if theres more then 6 enemies i cant see wtf is going on

At least they stayed away from getting all "childhood friend" tropey with her, lol. I'll write up a lost of my annoyances when I finish, but yeah... At least it's still pretty fun to play.

Pundere

This is the giving Hundred a run for its money in the battle for the most unintentionally hilarious anime of the year. Where did his sister even get the footage of him feeling up the silver-haired girl? Were there cameras hidden in the forest? Why did she show it to the entire school? Why do the cg robots look so bad?

At least Sylvia is kinda adorable. I can't wait till the protag inevitably has to Heart Hybrid with her and I throw my computer out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom