• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I'm going to put my Blu-ray to use and finally re-watch the entirety of Evangelion starting tonight, I'm so fucking excited! It's been so long T_T

Cornbread78

Hybrid x Heart ep.2
1mrUU4e.jpg

I have no words for this show, that was ummm, something.... More battles please, everything else can fu(k the right off.. Well, there was some funny comedy this episode at least... However, that can't cover-up that this is trash...

blurr

New Game 02

5 minutes of high level game dev trivia and 15 minutes of moe, cute girls doing cute things :eyeroll:

it was never meant to be

JulianImp

Sölf;210052755 said:
Genderbend Evangelion

Wat. Council of evil grannies.

That was cool. Evil grannies are certainly less intimidating than evil old men, though.

Hybrid x Heart ep.2
1mrUU4e.jpg

I have no words for this show, that was ummm, something.... More battles please, everything else can fu(k the right off.. Well, there was some funny comedy this episode at least... However, that can't cover-up that this is trash...

I think the action will be, at best, as bad as in Cross Ange's early episodes. It's funny that the awful CG mecha are completely binary in that they're either a waste of resources (as they get crushed by even a single girl), or ridiculously powerful until the MC molests a girl.

Right now it looks like the unholy offspring of Cross Ange, Symphogear and To Love Ru Darkness... at best.

Cornbread78

Amanchu! ep.1:
04NhNfD.gif

(big props to the creator of this gif for the impeccable timing of the loop; great work)
I mean, the show is completely harmless, but the constant stupid look on the green haired girls face and her personality annoy the crap outta me. Well, then they add in the soft yuri overtones, (see below) to grab attention. I mean, the art is pretty and it's got a really cool tone to it, which is enhanced by the ambiance and music, but I don't think I will be able to stick with this one...

VpE3Izv.gif

I think the action will be, at best, as bad as in Cross Ange's early episodes. It's funny that the awful CG mecha are completely binary in that they're either a waste of resources (as they get crushed by even a single girl), or ridiculously powerful until the MC molests a girl.
Right now it looks like the unholy offspring of Cross Ange, Symphogear and To Love Ru Darkness... at best.

Yeah, I guess every season, there most be at least 1 show to mindlessly hate watch for the spectacle, but this show is on a whole new level...

It's hard to know what Griffith really thinks, since he plays his cards so close to his chest, but given that Griffith has extremely keen awareness of his surroundings (as the assassination attempt on him showed) I'm inclined to suspect that he does know that Guts is there. At any rate, Griffith seems to be expressing his true feelings at this point, especially considering how he shoved his dirty work off onto Guts.

The fact that Guts's departure effected him so much shows that he was more than just a foot soldier to him. He genuinely felt that Guts was his friend/ally/brother.

You can see the shock in Griffith's eyes after they
rescued him when he overhears that Guts left because of what he heard that night. It's what prompted him to run away before crashing and eventually starting the eclipse.

91 Days Episode 1

tumblr_oa2v5amaoi1unyhzko1_500.gif

What a premiere!
Loving the tone, the animation and the no nonsense attitude of the MC.
There are better gifs to use, but I don't want to spoil anything.
Went in blind and was pleasantly surprised.
Has potential.

Eumi

Holy shit I could only make it 30 seconds into HxH before closing it. That was just actual hentai. I thought it'd just be fanservice.

Now I feel dirty. Thanks guys.

White Fox Reveals Original TV Anime Series Matoi the Sacred Slayer

It is 2016. Matoi Sumeragi, a second-year junior high school student, works part-time as a shrine maiden at Tenman Shrine in the city of Kamaya. Ever since being separated from her mother in early childhood, Matoi has been entrusted to her grandparents on her father's side, but three months ago, she finally began to live with her father Shingo. In those circumstances, she only wishes for a peaceful, normal life.

Her close friend and part-time workmate Yuma Kusanagi is part of the family of the shrine's chief priest, and is a candidate to be the successor shrine maiden. For generations, her family has performed exorcisms of evil spirits. She invites Matoi to one of these exorcism ceremonies, a so-called "Divine Possession" that she will attempt.

One day, Matoi and Yuma walk from the school to the shrine as usual, but when they arrive, they are greeted by the shrine's now damaged grounds, and Yuma's parents have both collapsed from their wounds. Matoi's father Shingo, a police detective, launches an investigation, and he comes upon a man who does not seem entirely sane: his only witness. When he holds down the man, Yuma begins the ritual of Divine Possession.

Something strange then happens, not with Yuma, but with Matoi. Matoi Sumeragi, who had only wanted a normal, peaceful life, takes the role of a god, and gains the power to banish evil spirits! To get her precious everyday life back, Matoi must conduct exorcisms!

Man, with this, Flip Flappers, Shumatsu no Izetta, and (I guess) Brave Witches, Fall is turning out to be a big season for magical girl anime.

If we are to believe that him being called Pride plus all of his circumstances all add up to the fact that he himself is a part of the witch's fleet of sins just like Sloth, he is going to have to swallow that pride of his. Unless this is all a part of her plan and literally everything he has been doing is some sort of unavoidable fate and all according to keikaku.

Stupid Piece of Shit That Sucks 03

gsafNPF.png

If you think this looks bad check my twitter

Staff Member 1 - "Hey should we keep the Lost Children Arc, the Apostles, any of the character development or theming or nah"

Staff Member 2 - "No that's not important. We need to keep the important stuff. Like Horse Rape."

I'm dropping this before I go insane.

Staff Member 1 - "Hey should we keep the Lost Children Arc, the Apostles, any of the character development or theming or nah"

Staff Member 2 - "No that's not important. We need to keep the important stuff. Like Horse Rape."

Amazing

Eumi

You know how people say "*blank character* did nothing wrong!"?

Griffith did everything wrong.

Considering I'm 86 chapters in right now, can someone let me know what this new anime is adapting? Cause I want to jump on the hate train if for nothing else than to bitch about white Casca.

Ascheroth

You know how people say "*blank character* did nothing wrong!"?

Griffith did everything wrong.

Considering I'm 86 chapters in right now, can someone let me know what this new anime is adapting? Cause I want to jump on the hate train if for nothing else than to bitch about white Casca.

You're still at the part the old anime and movies covered, the new anime is after that.
Based on the scenes talked about, it should currently be at around chapter 140 or so.

Regalia: The three Sacred Stars - 2

Ugggggggggggggggh.

I thought the 2D mechs were just gonna be passable. But no, it's actually some pretty darn great stuff.

The mechs are so good that it's freaking infuriating at how cringe-inducingly awful everything else is.

I see what people meant when they said that the Infinite Stratos director wasn't very good. In one scene people are talking about stuff in a throne room and there's a sudden cut to some of the same people in another room on the same subject of the conversation, before cutting back to the throne room again still on the exact same subject!

Part of me almost wishes this show had awful CG mecha so I could just ignore it like I do with so many other shows. But no. They just HAD to make cool robot designs and give them good 2D animation that's gonna be what brings me back to this show every week.

Sigh.

Ascheroth

Ugggggggggggggggh.

I thought the 2D mechs were just gonna be passable. But no, it's actually some pretty darn great stuff.

The mechs are so good that it's freaking infuriating at how cringe-inducingly awful everything else is.

I see what people meant when they said that the Infinite Stratos director wasn't very good. In one scene people are talking about stuff in a throne room and there's a sudden cut to some of the same people in another room on the same subject of the conversation, before cutting back to the throne room again still on the exact same subject!

Part of me almost wishes this show had awful CG mecha so I could just ignore it like I do with so many other shows. But no. They just HAD to make cool robot designs and give them good 2D animation that's gonna be what brings me back to this show every week.

Sigh.

You should probably just watch the mecha action and skip everything else.
At least that's what I'm going to do if I watch it.

Thunderbolt Fantasy Ep 2

I continue to be amazed at how much emotion they can wring out of the puppets with subtle dips and movements. The Sawano soundtrack is so perfect for this, the over the top bombast is just perfect for puppets fighting with magic and swords which continuous to impress. The plot went almost nowhere but I don't particularly care as we're clearly still getting the party together.

Diamond is Unbreakable 16

I might say this is one of the weaker episodes/arcs but it does a good job showing the difference between the last protagonist and our current one.

Jotaro is calm, cool and collected and hardly anything phases him, not even having his hand melted. He seemed more bothered by Josuke wanting to pick up some chicks then his body turning into an Akira monster.

Josuke is far quicker to panic but may be even better then Jotaro at formulating a plan on the fly. His Stand also allows him more leeway for creativity.

It's also always fun to see how an animal with a Stand works, relying less on thinking or planning and more on its raw instinct.

Ugggggggggggggggh.

Sigh.

Yeah when the reporter asked the Empress for her '3 measurements' and wasn't immediately ejected from the room I groaned, when she answered I decided to watch something else for a while. Those fights are so good though, the sound effects work deserves credit too there's a real 'weight' to the impact sounds that is lacking in a lot of mecha shows.

Wanderer5

Berserk #3

Berserk please, I just, uggggh, but well got some laugh of how silly the horse scene was (which was still a bit silly in the manga :p). Also Farnese's tits were shown a couple times lol.

The Kushan intro felt kind of lame with its cutting.

Shumatsu no Izetta(fall 2016) new key visual.

Interests rising for now.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 02

Still impressed by the technical aspects of this show. Juan Can Yun's entrance in particular was awesome.

Something I noticed about the dialogue, the flow of the dialogue and the voice acting is that its very old school, kind of feels like a play and the movements of the puppets match that as well. I'm sure thats on purpose but it does a good job selling the authentic feel.

blurr

hey doesn't this look like that monster from Lost Village (which reminds me, I need to watch the last episode)

Idolm@ster CG S2 08

This show continues to impress. In the last episode, it left us with Mio deciding to go solo in a shocking turn of events as a result of Rin revealing her interest in the Director's proposal which could potentially putting her group in a disarray. Through out this epiosde, Mio learns to move out of her comfort zone to try new things. Her hestation and understanding is relayed through her acting rehersals where the dialogue is symbolic to her circumstances and predicament. I found it inspirational.

Rin appears to have been shaken up by Mio's decision, as much as she liked to join the new group, she didn't want to do it at the expense of breaking up her existing group. She was afraid of such a drastic change. Mio eventually understands her dilemma, she relays her answer through a little skit with enlightening dialogues representing their current dilemma. She needn't be afraid, it is a disease in her heart as the dialogue goes. Eventually Rin comes to an understanding that it's okay to try new things, nothing is lost as a result, it is all in how she takes it.

As a partner it is important to encourage the other to try new things should they find the opportunity that resonates with them, even at the expense of letting go of their current formation. You can't be selfish. The world is full of treasures and the sky is high. We see this in Minami as she not only encourages Anya but she also begins pursuit of something new. And how can I forget Uzuki? she encourages Rin to pursue what she likes and she herself finds a new opportunity - at this instance, I was very happy for a cartoon character and that is rare nowadays.

With all these changes, it does bring the question of their stance in the Budokai event, while New Gen and Love Laika are under questionable circumstances as far as their appearance is concerned, it doesn't stop the rest from moving forward. Ultimately everyone chose what they are happy with, it was a conscious effort in each case, it wasn't about one entirely winning or the other entirely losing but making the right choices.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thunderbolt Fantasy Episode 2:

This episode could pretty much be titles time to set up the backstory, the characters and the motivations hence we get quite a bit of exposition about everything, kind gets bogged down after a bit. Thankfully there is still the action at the latter part of the episode to buoy things and wake up the audience.

Isn't this the episode Miura wrote himself? I guess we know what his priorities are!

Thoraxes

Looks like the Code Geass Complete BD Collection is $105, Escaflowne Complete BD Collection is $135.

If you have Got Anime, these will probably be cheaper at Rightstuf by about 10% or so, once those listings go up.
So March comes like a Lion is 22 episodes long.

Oh jesus.
Finally a dosage of Shinbo i've been waiting for.

Nah, if they would have believed horse rape is important, they would have spend more time doing a decent face for the horse. Because that's nightmare inducing, but for the wrong reasons.

Taruranto

4OahsAH.jpg

5ayg61Z.jpg

LOL these guys wouldn't be out of place in Utena. I was half expecting them to go on a speech about the "cracking the world's shell".

Nah, if they would have believed horse rape is important, they would have spend more time doing a decent face for the horse. Because that's nightmare inducing, but for the wrong reasons.

I don't watch Berserker, but didn't Horse Rape inspire a Bloodborne boss? Sounds prestigious stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom