• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Re:Zero ep 16

tO5rErel.jpg

Even in the high fantasy medieval times there is a fucking cheeseburger.

Anyway, the other 3 candidates have to right to fuck him over. The way Subaru acting right isn't what he usually does in the previous arcs, I guess he is really driven into the corner.

Aki-at

Holy shit at DTL's list, like... I... wait what. I'm pretty impressed at the dedication

Kuromokuro - 1

Remember seeing the art for this show but nothing really pulled me in but after everyone's positive impression of it here I decided to give it a go and I'm surprised how much I liked the opening episode.

Some decent character designs but I assume that the majority is going to be set in a school room setting afterwards? I think that was the bit that turned me off but after this opener I'll be sure to check out the rest of the series.

Cornbread78

Handa- kun ep.2
bLcUZr3.gif

(Narag was mad and threw a right jab..)

Still some funny stuff built into the show, so I'll keep watching for now. I still get a kick out of how they react to everything he says and does..

Eumi

Wait, no, what? Why was this good?

Could... could this be good?

Like, stupid joke reactions aside, I'm actually super impressed with the setup here. Having restricted actions actually compensates for the lack of time with the characters we get. A persons actions no longer need to be a result of a complex and vague backstory like in the previous games, but can simply be the result of the bracelet. It's, actually kind of genius. Like, for example, asshole Narukami (the white haired guy) could literally not be allowed to accuse anyone other than naegi, or even need to see a death every so often or else he'll die. No need for rushed backstory, it could be as simple as a single sentence.

Also yes, murder the original cast so hard! Like, im actually disappointed they only killed off asahina, I wanted it to be naegi to show that they really mean business. The old cast should in no way be considered safe.

As for predictions, bull man is the traitor. When the other characters get knocked out, he's out of frame. However, that seems so obvious that I'm assuming it's either a red herring or he killed for another reason.

Only other thing to note is I still think despair arc will be plot vital for this. The writing here seems to be molded for an anime, rather than the anime being required for the writing. They said that the story they wanted could not have been told in a game, so I reckon they must want to use an anime specific trick, and what better to do than to crossover with another show on at the same time? You couldn't do that with games.

If that is the case, it could make people watching this show late miss vital stuff though, so maybe im putting too much thought into it.

Kuromokuro - 1

Remember seeing the art for this show but nothing really pulled me in but after everyone's positive impression of it here I decided to give it a go and I'm surprised how much I liked the opening episode.

Some decent character designs but I assume that the majority is going to be set in a school room setting afterwards?

Not really. The school is a significant setting, but it doesn't take up the majority of screentime.

Qurupeke

Mob Psycho 100 2

I think the humor was far better in this episode. But the anime is kind of depressing despite that. Watching Mob's social anxiety and depression is hard. :(

Also yes, murder the original cast so hard! Like, im actually disappointed they only killed off asahina, I wanted it to be naegi to show that they really mean business. The old cast should in no way be considered safe.

Bruh.

Naegi is the protagonist of DR3 : Future. He won't die in ep2.

Mob Psycho 100 2

I find this the most overhyped show so far. Yes, the animation and direction is fantastic and entertaining. But the plot and comedy is generic slice of life. If this were animated like every other bland show on the schedule, no one would be watching past this episode.

Still, I will keep watching due to the quality of animation, and hope the hype catches up and the show matches it eventually.

Russ T

Banned
But the anime is kind of depressing despite that. Watching Mob's social anxiety and depression is hard. :(

This is what makes MP100 better than OPM.

Although OPM does have an undercurrent of similarly personal themes, it's brought much more to the forefront in MP100, so people can't ignore it.

Mob Psycho 100 ep. 2

Show still looks fantastic. The oil painting parts in particular are so cool.

Can't really blame people about not being enthusiastic about the writing aspect of the show but it gets more interesting after the setups.

Ascheroth

Mob Psycho 100 #2

We are not worthy.
Show still looks amazing and I died laughing a couple times.
The comedic timing is on-fucking-point, as is the entire direction in general.
But yeah, not everything is rainbow and sunshine for Mob.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
DTL list... wow, i need to follow your example!
I think i only watch Mob Psycho 100, Danganronpa 3 Despair and Future, Shokugeki no soma 2nd, kuromukuro, Jojo, 91days and Macross delta

Mob Psycho 100 2

I was never convinced by the manga, but this great adaptation of the source material makes it more lively and visually it's so creative.

Szadek

I'm happy with my list:

91 Days
Amaama to Inazuma
Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu
Bananya
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei
Fukigen na Mononokean
Mob Psycho 100
Alderamin on the Sky
Orange
Planetarian
Re:Zero
Thunderbolt Fantasy

Mob Psycho 100 2

I find this the most overhyped show so far. Yes, the animation and direction is fantastic and entertaining. But the plot and comedy is generic slice of life. If this were animated like every other bland show on the schedule, no one would be watching past this episode.

Still, I will keep watching due to the quality of animation, and hope the hype catches up and the show matches it eventually.

Pretty crazy that people would want to watch something that's well made, huh?

gargles

Mob Psycho 100 - 2

Visuals and art still amazing, comedy still great and now we have some serious issues related to Mob. So far, I don't have reasons to complain. Still sold and convinced.

phaze

DAYS 03

Playing 'for fun" or being able to derive fun from playing, giving you some inherent, magical superiority and at times even magical power ups over people who at the writer's behest, are of course bereft of that quality is one of the most disgusting anime concepts in existence. Burn it with fire.

Also Tsubasa did it first/earlier. Stop copying him you hacks.

Also, I want to see Tsukumato's cheeks grow redder and redder ...

as I wrestle the last vestiges of his life and soul out of him with my hands on his throat.

Also, CG players.

Also, this show doesn't have a single interesting thing going for it.

Also, dropped.

Mob Psycho 02
This isn't doing a whole lot for me but at least the ending was pretty funny.

convo

Pretty crazy that people would want to watch something that's well made, huh?

Watching one or multiple dumbass MCs trying to figure out time-travel with and/or murder mysteries seem to create the most feed back from this anime community. Everything else seems to be not worthy of their god-like intellect and 5D chess solving skills.

Mob Psycho got humor i can dig and i wanna root for this guy. What is there to be mad about?

gargles

Amaama to Inazuma - 2

(oh great, me and Kouhei share the same birthday)

I was expecting to have my heart healed after today's Monokuma lesson. And that did happen... but not before having it broken again with a sad Tsumugi. Those brats... But everything worked and Tsumugi's smile shone again.
More Kotori's mom would also be good. Judging from her TV appearance and her recipes, she seems to be a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom