• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching one or multiple dumbass MCs trying to figure out time-travel with and/or murder mysteries seem to create the most feed back from this anime community. Everything else seems to be not worthy of their god-like intellect and 5D chess solving skills.

Mob Psycho got humor i can dig and i wanna root for this guy. What is there to be mad about?

It's overrated and generic.

The two of the three most worthless terms in the internet to describe a piece of media.

Re:Zero 10

JSNyYWd.jpg

Every time Beatrice talks I just think of the Shadow Play Girls in Utena, kashira.

Trickster

Mob Psycho 100 ep 2

Still a great show. The betrayal at the end with mob joining the other club had me rolling. Also that preview for ep 3 looked awesome, those final couple of frames has me super hyped

duckroll

Time for a weird request. Look at my avatar! Remember when AnimeGAF turned my innocent Ame phone strap avatar into Saya the Protector? Who wants to try doing it again, except with an Overwatch character?

Found the original:

n6X1dH5.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ReZero 16

Damn, Subaru totally got rekted politically. He's probably gonna die the next episode but it's good to see that he's at least improved his negotiating skills a little bit after being humiliated so badly. Poor guy, wish he would just leave with Rem and retire, sell iron while its high, play the stock markets and just live in peace. They owe him nothing and vice versa, they don't deserve to be saved but his own pride is trying to collect debts.

Yeah, man. At that point, just ask Rem if you'd like to run away together, even if not, you have a massive bag of gold, and just peace out until the witch eventually hunts you down. However, if she's specifically targeting people with very specific character flaws as her Archbishops, then, Subaru can't run away cuz pride. His pride has been severely trampled recently.

convo

It's overrated and generic.

The two of the three most worthless terms in the internet to describe a piece of media.

Yeah those are mostly used when you don't want to care about explaining ones distaste in something in detail. People mostly don't want to put effort into criticizing things. A few words won't make things clear for others unless those are also only taking glances at things.

ibyea

Banned
Danganronpa 3 - The End of Hope's Peak Academy: Future 2
This is actually turning out to be pretty good so far! They totally went to the Zero Escape style set up, but this is awesome because now I don't have to be afraid of the 12 episodes limitation.
And that ending, ASAHINA NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Clov

Discotek's making some announcements on their Facebook page. New titles so far include Gokudo, Koi Koi 7, and a BD of Tekkaman Blade II.

I haven't actually heard of the first two at all, but they don't strike me as interesting.

Mandelbo

Amaama to Inazuma 03

JxANIb6.png

0wi0Rv3.png

21kq5L7.png

d'awwww that smile
y1da4Ae.png

he's going to murder that onion

In which Tsumugi briefly became a mushroom. Another fantastic episode - this show is seriously so good at being heartwarming and relaxing, very much like Usagi Drop (which I should really rewatch at some point, come to think of think of it.) Definitely my AOTS so far.

That being said, Kotori's almost certainly jinxed them by saying that everything they've done has been a success. I'm quite interested in seeing what'll happen when they inevitably fail at making a dish, particularly how Kouhei will react to Tsumugi's distaste.

e_i

It looks like Sentai said fuck it, and it releasing My Love Story, the complete collection in December instead of two separate releases.

Clov

Discotek's going to have some more licenses announced during their Otacon panel in August. Hope they'll announce something I'm interested in!

Just T

ReZero: 16

Subaru can't catch a break. It's frustrating and annoying seeing how quick he is to yell in these situations but it's understandable at the same time. He knows he's not making stuff up so he's stressed out, desperate, and wants help to come immediately so he can have some solace. However, he really needs to start to preemptively remember that he can't tell anyone how he knows so he can come up with better plans and not be caught dumbstruck in these conversations and then rage out. He did play things better in the last couple of scenes though so there's that.

Danganronpa 3 Future Volume: 2

Sigh,
well fuck. This is the single reason I didn't want another game with the remaining DR1 cast in main roles. Poor Asahina and it's only the second episode, with that foreboding ass OP I'm not so sure about Naegi and Kirigiri. Other things about this episode, was wondering how Usami was going to get involved in this, Miaya is an interesting one. Sakakura is still annoying and on that note Bandai got a shit deal.

Cornbread78

Sweetness & Lightning ep.3
SmXuP7P.gif

Go ahead, say something bad about this smile, I dare you. I will protect this smile with my life and destroy all that try to break it!

Another great episode full of love and good cooking!

Mob Psycho 100 2

I find this the most overhyped show so far. Yes, the animation and direction is fantastic and entertaining. But the plot and comedy is generic slice of life. If this were animated like every other bland show on the schedule, no one would be watching past this episode.

Still, I will keep watching due to the quality of animation, and hope the hype catches up and the show matches it eventually.

I'm not as stringent with 'slice of life' as others but how the hell is Mob Psycho 100 of all anime generic slice of life in not just comedy but also plot?

Anyways, second episode was good. Seems like there's more meat to the characters here than there was in OPM. Was kinda nice to see Mob beat up the spirit and have all those high school girls swooning for him.

zulux21

Discotek's making some announcements on their Facebook page. New titles so far include Gokudo, Koi Koi 7, and a BD of Tekkaman Blade II.

I haven't actually heard of the first two at all, but they don't strike me as interesting.

the only positive thing I can say about koi koi 7 is that it has a catchy opening

back when it was airing no one even wanted to pick it up to fan sub it lol.

I think it took about a month for the first episode to get subbed, and it was a very very long time after that before episode 2 got subbed lol.

and yes, I am showing my age by talking about a show that aired in 2005 :p
it was airing at the end of my first year of college and was at the point where I was seriously getting into anime as it was the first time in my life I had good access to anime.

Clov

the only positive thing I can say about koi koi 7 is that it has a catchy opening

back when it was airing no one even wanted to pick it up to fan sub it lol.

I think it took about a month for the first episode to get subbed, and it was a very very long time after that before episode 2 got subbed lol.

and yes, I am showing my age by talking about a show that aired in 2005 :p
it was airing at the end of my first year of college and was at the point where I was seriously getting into anime as it was the first time in my life I had good access to anime.

Sounds like it must have been a very cheap license for Discotek.

I'm not as stringent with 'slice of life' as others but how the hell is Mob Psycho 100 of all anime generic slice of life in not just comedy but also plot?

Anyways, second episode was good. Seems like there's more meat to the characters here than there was in OPM. Was kinda nice to see Mob beat up the spirit and have all those high school girls swooning for him.

Slice of life as far as comedy goes. Plot is Twin Star Exorcist level, to use a recent example(a show which barely anyone watches). Ghost appears, ghost is exorcised.

Again, people are taking my criticisms too far. As I said, the animation and direction cover for the rest of the show. However, if you were to transplant the plot into any other art style, no one would care at this point. Exorcism shows are strangely a dime a dozen.

Mailbox

Time for a weird request. Look at my avatar! Remember when AnimeGAF turned my innocent Ame phone strap avatar into Saya the Protector? Who wants to try doing it again, except with an Overwatch character?

Found the original:

n6X1dH5.jpg

I'm willing to give it a try, but which overwatch character?

Actually, what character should i do, others in this thread?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sweetness & Lightning ep.3
SmXuP7P.gif

Go ahead, say something bad about this smile, I dare you. I will protect this smile with my life and destroy all that try to break it!

Another great episode full of love and good cooking!

It looks kind of forced actually.

Line_HTX

Found the original:

n6X1dH5.jpg

Oh, so that's where it came from. I thought the Saya phone strap was a legit thing.

Taruranto

Monokuma Time Dilemma #2

q68hbOU.jpg

Wait a second...

My most suspicion characters are the nurse (despite the fact she died) and the dude who's friend with Persona 4 MC.

Kudos for having the balls of killing
Asahina.
I remember reading some spoilers (speculations?) about it, but I didn't think it was going to be true.

ZoddGutts

Loving Mob so far, ep 2 especially was great and on point with it's comedy timing. The series wasn't meant to be deep or that original, just something to enjoy watching, laugh and get to see some character dev. As enjoyable OPM is it lacks certain aspects that Mob has over it, which makes me prefer Mob over OPM.

sonicmj1

No, it's nothing like Mushishi. It's a shonen about two teenagers that have to get married to exorcise stuff good.

Oh. I just thought, "Ghost appears, ghost gets exorcised," and figured they were similar...

When it comes to Mob Psycho 100, for me execution is everything. I find the show exciting to watch week-to-week because it pulls off its action and humor in a stylish, impactful way. In fact, the way that stuff is handled causes his deeper character issues to feel more real.

If most of my favorite shows had mediocre art and mediocre direction, I wouldn't like them anywhere near as much. When anime studios pay proper attention to the visual aspects of producing anime, they can make the writing aspects seem much stronger than they might otherwise feel.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 2:

This is probably the most visually disparate anime I have watched since Ping Pong when I think about it. At any rate, that was a hell of a long way for that punchline but I think it was worth it.

Qurupeke

Mob Psycho 100 Episode 2:

At any rate, that was a hell of a long way for that punchline but I think it was worth it.

They added that sequence with the girls school, it actually happens later iirc, so it kind of drags the joke. I think that is generally my only complaint with the show, though it's minor. The show seems to have a slow pacing so far, but it's probably because they're still introducing the characters and building up Mob's personality. I'm confident they'll pick up the pace later.

Ascheroth

The Legend of Heros: Trails in the Sky SC: Chapter 3 (End)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOLY SHIT
*heavy breathing*

Phew...
I mean the climaxes of the first two chapters were fucking strong already, but this blew them so easily out of the water it's not even funny, because HOLY SHIT WAS THAT AMAZING

From the
back to back battle against the Orgueille and Kanone to the revelation of the perpetrator and that ridiculously awesome mech coming down... just wow
Just WOW

This game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom