• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
ono-laughing-o.gif

Please give us $25 for three costumes and a stage.

I gave them $25

ReZero 16

Damn, Subaru totally got rekted politically. He's probably gonna die the next episode but it's good to see that he's at least improved his negotiating skills a little bit after being humiliated so badly. Poor guy, wish he would just leave with Rem and retire, sell iron while its high, play the stock markets and just live in peace. They owe him nothing and vice versa, they don't deserve to be saved but his own pride is trying to collect debts.

Line_HTX

EVO 2016 SFTop8

Big swerve having the apparent protagonist eliminated two rounds in but the R.Mika storyline was really fucking hype even with that ending. Thought the 14 year old getting to Loser's Finals was unbelievable but he did get stomped by the final boss so i guess it was okay

This is absolute INJUSTICA. R. Mika was the hero we deserve!

blurr

Mr. Robot S02 01 part 1 and 2

wow, seems like a good follow up, loved the first season; looking forward to the next episode

Silicon Valley S01 01

This seems fun, parody on start up culture of sorts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if there will be memes where after every anime fight on sakugabooru or whatever, someone will just super-impose DOWNLOAD COMPLETE into the gif.

Szadek

Shirobako - Ep. 11
"Neon Generation Avangaldon"
I'm sure that's not a reference to something.
Great episode. I can't say more, because I got to watch the next one right now.

IIRC you don't really need to have watched any prior Macross show to enjoy Delta.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's one of those things where it references stuff from prior shows but it doesn't rely on viewer's knowledge of the series to enjoy the story.

I know I still need to get back to Gurren Lagann lol!

ive barely watched any macross and remember jack shit, you don't need to watch previous shows. just know it mixes people singing with robots and this one specifically has idols whose music has superpowers and they have robot pilot bodyguards who fight other robots

You two and TUSR on Twitter assured me thatbI could just jump right in. I'm not big with Idol stuff so I'm not sure if this show would do it for me. Sounds like a fun ride, but with as much shit on my plate as I have this season, it doesn't seem like a "must watch".

Mr. Robot S02 01 part 1 and 2

wow, seems like a good follow up, loved the first season; looking forward to the next episode

The premiere was fucking insane.
As is Elliot, and I am totally on board with him being in a mental hospital atm.

Ascheroth

Macross Delta #16

And once again it was proven that the amount of non-action screentime the antagonists have is inversely proportional to the quality of an episode.
In other words, this was good.

You two and TUSR on Twitter assured me thatbI could just jump right in. I'm not big with Idol stuff so I'm not sure if this show would do it for me. Sounds like a fun ride, but with as much shit on my plate as I have this season, it doesn't seem like a "must watch".

Yeah, there's not really any prior knowldege required. You'll miss a couple references and nods here and there, but nothing major.

But get back to Gurren Lagann!

Yeah I really do. I'm thinking of working TTGL into my Tuesdays. This is my "Shows List", and it is so hectic:

Monday
- Inazuma
- Danganronpa 3 Future Arc
- Mob Psycho 100

Tuesday

Wednesday
- Mr.Robot S2

Thursday
- Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc
- Battery

Friday
- 91 Days
- Handa-kun

Saturday
- Soma S2

Sunday
- Re:Zero
- orange

Hitori no Shita: the outcast 02

So the MC isn't complete inept as much as I was expecting him to be. Not better than creepy girl, but he can defend himself at least. Side thought: Was she referring to the foreskin on his penis as proving he was a virgin?

Tenkyou no Alderamin 02

MC actually feels bad about killing people, he's slightly more interesting here. Princess girl gets too full of herself sometimes and it is amusing to see the MC straighten her out because of it.

Qualidea Code 02

Team lazy showing off incestuous tendencies, not surprising. QUALITY episode too.

I recently finished rewatching some of my favorite episodes and moments from the movies and oh man does that show still hold up as my all time favorite anime.

It secretly is! But yeah, get back to TTGL. And the poster above needs to continue Mawaru Penguindrum...

As do I, haha.

Should be able to make some more time for it now that I've finished Trails of Cold Steel.

Cornbread78

Tenkyou no Alderamin 02

MC actually feels bad about killing people, he's slightly more interesting here. Princess girl gets too full of herself sometimes and it is amusing to see the MC straighten her out because of it.

https://youtu.be/fxftt0_P2VA

Yes, shut your mouth!
EkLqWuE.gif

I really like the MC in the show from what we've seen and I'm wondering just how far he will go with his resentfulness now that he is in this situation...

SOLDIER

ReZero 16

Damn, Subaru totally got rekted politically. He's probably gonna die the next episode but it's good to see that he's at least improved his negotiating skills a little bit after being humiliated so badly. Poor guy, wish he would just leave with Rem and retire, sell iron while its high, play the stock markets and just live in peace. They owe him nothing and vice versa, they don't deserve to be saved but his own pride is trying to collect debts.

If he's actually being built up as a villain (Pride?) I wouldn't blame him: it's becoming clear there are very few good people with power in this world. Much like GoT, everyone is primarily concerned with themselves and would only help if they got something out of it.

Also I'm truly surprised there isn't a Re: Zero thread.

Ugh this is the aspect of the MC I like least from his gropey nonsense in the last episode to the way he self righteously moans about the way royalty doesn't see other people as real while simultaneously roughing up and threatening a young girl because she holds the title 'princess'. Yeah she's short sighted and selfish but she's a 12 year old you ass, I fully expect the princess to 'grow' over the course of this show but I hope the MC cops the hell on too.

It's definitely one of the more promising shows of the season though so I'll be watching this

Yeah I really do. I'm thinking of working TTGL into my Tuesdays. This is my "Shows List", and it is so hectic:

Monday
- Inazuma
- Mob Psycho 100

Tuesday

Wednesday
- Mr.Robot S2

Thursday
- Battery

Friday
- 91 Days
- Handa-kun

Saturday
- Soma S2

Sunday
- orange

two shows a day is hectic? what?

Monday
- Puzzle & Dragons
- Mob Psycho 100
- Show by Rock Short
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Saiki kusuo

Tuesday
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
- Servamp
- Scar-red Rider Xechs
- Cheer Boys
- Cheer Boys dub
- Highschool Life of a Fudanshi
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Zoo s2
- Saiki kusuo
- Puzzle & Dragons Dub

Wednesday
- Tsukiuta
- Saiki kusuo
- Twin Star Exorcists
- Ozmafia
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Thursday
- Battery
- Saiki kusuo
- Zestiria Dub
- Servamp dub
- Naruto Shippuden
- Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Love!
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Friday
- JJBA
- 91 Days
- Alderamin On The Sky
- Handa-kun
- Thunderbolt Fantasy
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Future Card Buddyfight!! DDD [Triple D]
- Cardfight!! Vanguard G STRIDE Gate

Saturday
- Rinne
- Ace Attorney
- The Outcasts
- Food Wars s2
- Qualidea Code
- B Project
- Days
- Endride
- Endride Dub
- MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM UNICORN RE:0096
- One Piece
- First Love Monster
- Dragon Ball Z Kai
- One Punch Man
- Gundam IBO
- Hunter x Hunter
- Sometimes Nascar Sprint Cup

Sunday
- Arslan
- The Morose Mononokean
- Tales of Zestiria
- Orange
- Active Raid s2
- Saiki kusuo

Gundam Wing and YGO rewatches whenever theres times.

Puzzle & Dragons Cross Episode 3
CnpLASCWgAAMDUe.jpg:small
CnpKLi1XYAAoKxT.jpg:small

Bad characters making bad comments about Lance, leave him alone, its his style and it makes him wonderful.

Fun episode...a bit shocked the SDF would have the layout of their base just available online, also that the guards struggled to catch a few kids.

HOLY FUCK DTL YOUR LIST. Yeah two shows a day is a lot for melol, I can't be the only one looking at my list and thinking it is a ton... But yours is like 5x bigger! I get home, gotta workout, do the chores and housekeeping (stuff like grocery shopping or feeding myself is kind of important). And this is on work days, because on off days I gotta spend some time out with the missus, go out with friends or play a video game. I would not be able to watch as much stuff as you every day.

Jarmel

Banned

Monday
- Puzzle & Dragons
- Mob Psycho 100
- Show by Rock Short
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Saiki kusuo

Tuesday
- Servamp
- Scar-red Rider Xechs
- Cheer Boys
- Cheer Boys dub
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Zoo s2
- Saiki kusuo
- Puzzle & Dragons Dub

Wednesday
- Tsukiuta
- Saiki kusuo
- Twin Star Exorcists
- Ozmafia
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Thursday
- Battery
- Saiki kusuo
- Zestiria Dub
- Servamp dub
- Naruto Shippuden
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Friday
- JJBA
- 91 Days
- Alderamin On The Sky
- Handa-kun
- Thunderbolt Fantasy
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Saturday
- Rinne
- Ace Attorney
- The Outcasts
- Food Wars s2
- Qualidea Code
- B Project
- Days
- Endride
- Endride Dub
- One Piece
- First Love Monster
- Dragon Ball Z Kai
- One Punch Man
- Gundam IBO
- Hunter x Hunter

Sunday
- Arslan
- The Morose Mononokean
- Tales of Zestiria
- Orange
- Active Raid s2
- Saiki kusuo

but why?

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School Future Arc 2: Hang the Witch
CnqCMQxW8AAlvRA.jpg:small

Okay Naeg's forbidden action and the asahina scene lol

should have guessed the would target her next, get those close to Mr Super High School Level Good Luck

Sölf

Monday
- Puzzle & Dragons
- Mob Psycho 100
- Show by Rock Short
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Saiki kusuo

Tuesday
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
- Servamp
- Scar-red Rider Xechs
- Cheer Boys
- Cheer Boys dub
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy
- Zoo s2
- Saiki kusuo
- Puzzle & Dragons Dub

Wednesday
- Tsukiuta
- Saiki kusuo
- Twin Star Exorcists
- Ozmafia
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Thursday
- Battery
- Saiki kusuo
- Zestiria Dub
- Servamp dub
- Naruto Shippuden
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Friday
- JJBA
- 91 Days
- Alderamin On The Sky
- Handa-kun
- Thunderbolt Fantasy
- Wheel of Fortune
- Jeopardy

Saturday
- Rinne
- Ace Attorney
- The Outcasts
- Food Wars s2
- Qualidea Code
- B Project
- Days
- Endride
- Endride Dub
- One Piece
- First Love Monster
- Dragon Ball Z Kai
- One Punch Man
- Gundam IBO
- Hunter x Hunter

Sunday
- Arslan
- The Morose Mononokean
- Tales of Zestiria
- Orange
- Active Raid s2
- Saiki kusuo

But that still only adds up to a few hours a day. Do you actually sleep, pleb?

gargles

Danganronpa 3: Future - 2

Fuck you, Kodaka.
Why Asahina... Even if the death flags were raised during the episode, she didn't deserve it. Not her...
And killing two participants in a single episode. Yeah, they're not playing in service.
Yu Narukami definitely is Future's Togami. Either he'll survive or have a heroic death. Or suicide.

I wasn't read for this. Tsumugi, save me.

Ascheroth

wow that list

HOLY FUCK DTL YOUR LIST. Yeah two shows a day is a lot for melol, I can't be the only one looking at my list and thinking it is a ton... But yours is like 5x bigger! I get home, gotta workout, do the chores and housekeeping (stuff like grocery shopping or feeding myself is kind of important). And this is on work days, because on off days I gotta spend some time out with the missus, go out with friends or play a video game. I would not be able to watch as much stuff as you every day.

My shows are kinda similiarly spread over the week (except +1 every day currently because of the Let's Watch :p) and I think a show or 2 a day is the best, you always have something to look forward to each day and it doesn't take up all that much time.
I'm currently juggling anime, playing Trails, reading, writing, finishing assignments, learning Japanese and lazing around outside each day and it's going pretty good so far.

Sölf;210426438 said:
But that still only adds up to a few hours a day. Do you actually sleep, pleb?
friday and saturday is the most challenging since friday is so stacked with shows going from 8pm and cfvanguard not until 10, then rinne starting early saturday morning, worst the 5am start for arslan makes sleeping challenging sunday, and then monday with PAD at 6:55am :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom