• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
to many people are stuck loving an inferior product that they saw first instead of the vastly superior product that came latter.

just like people prefering EVA over RahXephon :p

Tbh I found the 2003 version to be a lot more emotional and the comedy wasn't overused like it was in Brotherhood.

Plus it had Brothers OST and vastly better Openings.

0_o

Now I MUST know. I took a long break from most Anime a few years back and I am trying to catch up on some of the more landmark shows I missed.

I know this show is supposed to be bad, but I JUST finished the second half of SAO season 1 and that was...not good.

Can't imagine this being THAT much worse.

It's worse in the sense that it's horrendously boring.

Like with SAO you could maybe find some entertainment by yelling about how horrible it is.

Mahouka is up its own ass so much that you can't even get entertained by it. Some people find amusement in the sense that its MC is this all-knowing invincible Gary-Stu, but it takes itself so seriously that I can't say that everyone else will feel the same way.

I haven't seen the show btw, this is just me going off of others' impressions.

zulux21

Tbh I found the 2003 version to be a lot more emotional and the comedy wasn't overused like it was in Brotherhood.

Plus it had Brothers OST and vastly better Openings.

while I love the original FMA openings, they are garbage compared to brotherhood which has amazing openings.

for me most of the original emotional stuff felt very forced in the original... and the emo al crap goes on for way to long in the original.

Why must people like you be so objectively wrong about FMA? :p

the original is a 9.5 out of 10
brotherhood is a 10 out of 10 :p

both are great but the original is still inferior.

It's worse in the sense that it's horrendously boring.

Like with SAO you could maybe find some entertainment by yelling about how horrible it is.

Mahouka is up its own ass so much that you can't even get entertained by it. Some people find amusement in the sense that its MC is this all-knowing invincible Gary-Stu, but it takes itself so seriously that I can't say that everyone else will feel the same way.

I haven't seen the show btw, this is just me going off of others' impressions.

rbYBsOI.png

my personal ranking :p
Mahouka was a lot of fun to watch as it aired :p

Quasar

0_o

Now I MUST know. I took a long break from most Anime a few years back and I am trying to catch up on some of the more landmark shows I missed.

I know this show is supposed to be bad, but I JUST finished the second half of SAO season 1 and that was...not good.

Its not. I liked it more than the second cour of SAO. But its another very popular novel series made into anime that people here hate on. But that seems to be par for the course, aside from maybe reZero.

zulux21

Its not. I liked it more than the second cour of SAO. But its another very popular novel series made into anime that people here hate on. But that seems to be par for the course, aside from maybe reZero.

some people hate on rezero in here

only light novels that seem to be safe from being mocked in here are
Spice and Wolf
Konosuba
maybe Durarara.

duckroll

while I love the original FMA openings, they are garbage compared to brotherhood which has amazing openings.

The Brotherhood OPs really aren't that good. The song picks are all worse, and none of the direction is as interesting or varied. They're basically just stock shounen action OPs with predictable direction and boring pop songs. Good animation I guess.

ibyea

Banned
The Brotherhood OPs really aren't that good. The song picks are all worse, and none of the direction is as interesting or varied. They're basically just stock shounen action OPs with predictable direction and boring pop songs. Good animation I guess.

Yeah, the only Brotherhood OP I like is the first one.

DNAbro

tenor.gif

Cornbread78

Mahouka and SAO were both fun watches. Stop being so jelly at all the wish fullfillment Gary Stu's out there will ya.

booyaaaa

zulux21

huh... I am watching fma brotherhood with a friend.

just finished disk 2 of the second season and started paying attention to the scenes on the main menu.

the majority of them are taken from the last 3 episodes and are actually full of huge spoilers that won't be seen for two more disks or around 15 more eps @_@

SkyOdin

0_o

The worst part of Irregular at the Magic High School is the toxic right-wing ideology that permiates every aspect of its story and plot. To wit: the only people who matter in the world are people born into prestigious families, people who are discriminated against should be content with superficial platitudes (heaven forbid they ask for equal access to financial support from the powers that be), people make more money than others simply because they deserve it, and "equality" is a lie used by foreign governments to decieve unsuspected students to protest (so those evil foreign governments can use said protests as cover to steal your country's national secrets).

The entire schtick of the main character is that due to a technicality that has no bearing on the story, he is made a member of a discriminated-against class of students. Of course, he is actually a guy with god-like magical ability and is from the wealthiest and moat powerful family in the country. Despite the fact that he personally suffers no hardship (because everyone naturally recognizes his true talents), he uses his nominal membership in this discriminated against class to tell other people in that class that they should accept their lot in life and not try to change the system.

In short, the moral of the story: the rich are better than you, and if you disagree you are being duped by foreign spies.

This was just the first seven episodes too. That was as far as I made it before I got completely sick of this unending nonsense.

On a side note, the little sister is psychotic. She literally kills her beloved brother, knowing that he can come back to life, just so she can wipe his memory of her being too clingy.

Fate Apocrypha - 05

Interesting. Seems Sieg has a role to fill in this war, even if no one knows what it might be. I think Rider of Black's Master is probably gonna go after him, which is gonna make him have to fight back.

SkyOdin

yea, it really is too bad about that S2
What about season 2? I never made it past the first story arc of season 1. Everthing I talked about in that post happened in the first six or so episodes. Every scene in the anime is suffused with that stuff if you pay attention.

MartyStu

The Irregular at Magic High School 3

Did...did she just murder her brother?

Also, what the fuck is going on with the school uniforms? The female uniforms especially...

The worst part of Irregular at the Magic High School is the toxic right-wing ideology that permiates every aspect of its story and plot. To wit: the only people who matter in the world are people born into prestigious families, people who are discriminated against should be content with superficial platitudes (heaven forbid they ask for equal access to financial support from the powers that be), people make more money than others simply because they deserve it, and "equality" is a lie used by foreign governments to decieve unsuspected students to protest (so those evil foreign governments can use said protests as cover to steal your country's national secrets).

The entire schtick of the main character is that due to a technicality that has no bearing on the story, he is made a member of a discriminated-against class of students. Of course, he is actually a guy with god-like magical ability and is from the wealthiest and moat powerful family in the country. Despite the fact that he personally suffers no hardship (because everyone naturally recognizes his true talents), he uses his nominal membership in this discriminated against class to tell other people in that class that they should accept their lot in life and not try to change the system.

In short, the moral of the story: the rich are better than you, and if you disagree you are being duped by foreign spies.

This was just the first seven episodes too. That was as far as I made it before I got completely sick of this unending nonsense.

On a side note, the little sister is psychotic. She literally kills her beloved brother, knowing that he can come back to life, just so she can wipe his memory of her being too clingy.

I am starting to see the seeds of your complaints.

Narag

Yamishibai S5 5

Thought MPR was joking about it being a Stand but between how the encounter went down and the dude being ripped, well

The Irregular at Magic High School 3

Did...did she just murder her brother?

Also, what the fuck is going on with the school uniforms? The female uniforms especially...

I'm gonna be honest with you. There is a long list of bad magic school anime shows, but Irregular is probably one of, if not the worst.

Bail out now.

Cornbread78

Ai Yori Aoshi ep.17
3/4 the way through and still adding girls to the harem that he has no interest in. At least there was some decent comedy, in this episode even though poor clumsy maid girl got rekt again..

duckroll

I wanna see someone make a show called Chekov's Guns. The main character should be a dude called Chekov and he has a huge gun collection that we see over and over, and every episode he uses one of them. If the series gets renewed for another season, he just buys more guns and they show up in the background.

ibyea

Banned

lol I guess my first impression of the show just from reading the summary was not negative enough.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wanna see someone make a show called Chekov's Guns. The main character should be a dude called Chekov and he has a huge gun collection that we see over and over, and every episode he uses one of them. If the series gets renewed for another season, he just buys more guns and they show up in the background.

TVTropes Stray Dogs

MartyStu

The Irregular at Magic High School 4

Oh, those liberal dissenters and their silly 'equality.'

This show made the shift from stupid and boring to propaganda-y the same way it does everything else: poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom