• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Blue Gender ep.6
yTwhbfS.png
Why did she look confused when he said "female?" Blue "gender" huh? Here it comes.....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only part of the Persona anime series that justified itself was Nanako calling Yu a manwhore at the school festival.

/XX/

And not to change tack, but if the underlying point is that the animation wasn't good, I don't think it actually matters whether they did it on purpose. The animation in that season, whether intentional or not, looked worse than the previous season.
Sorry, but I think you forgot to put a "in my own, personal and nontransferable opinion" for both of these statements. :p

Given a clear enough staging, the highly subjective approach to acting in animation is relative to certain ways of people's perception and tolerance to many degrees of subtleties. Communicating not through form but through movement that is lively foremost, and accentuates expressiveness, is a commendable aim (as it should be in a medium with such a diverse range of stylizations possible, that can be always explored in search of a variety to avoid the stagnant mere replication of a superficial reality). As long as the manner of reaching that expressiveness is well-established within other aspects of the show (on this particular case and as an example; the VA for the series is to me a brilliant showcase of seemingly 'ad lib' fun craziness worthy of such animation), there is a defined and understandable range to it, and pertains to a clearly devised objective of congruence on its characterisation for the duration of the show, then there is no personal objection I can make. In fact, I'd applaud it specially if there is a risk taken on fulfilling a genuinely artistic vision.

For KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!, I'd refer to Callum May's intelligent and well-informed way of highlighting specifics about what makes this show's animation that compelling overall, in my opinion:

Breaking Down Konosuba's Incredible Animation | Animator Spotlight - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC2HqRS1qjo

RedEther

Welcome to the Ballroom 04 & 05

My man Hyodo was going in during the tango

Mako & Gaju were finally introduced at the end :)

Fujita & Mako's little dance in the park looked so amazing animated I was a little shook seeing that scene finally done in motion :0

Lain

The Legend of Korra 14-36

So I wasn't wrong about the uncle. Korra was unbearable for a big part of the Book two episodes, even after she saw the light but in the end there was some maturing and it wasn't lost in Book three.
I'm glad Asami is sticking around. Between the Book one and two happenings I thought they would have cut her presence but the show did gain from her staying in, as she's damn good so far in Book three.
Also, considering Mako had a story with Asami and then a story with Korra and then a flirt with Asami again, can I get a KorraxAsami flirt too? Because I wouldn't mind.

ibyea

Banned
4EetGx0.png

Talking about absurdism, Lux was basically a concentration camp taken to an extreme.

Being a show about The End, it makes me wish there was a full adaptation of "A Record of a Yokohama Shopping Trip". Like Texhnolyze, humanity is in it's twilight. Unlike Texhnolyze, the tone is the complete opposite. Humanity has excepted its end, yet was not devoid of life (at least that is how I remember it).

Considering my taste for existentialist philosophy, the premise of "A Record of a Yokihama Shopping Trip" sounds like my kind of thing.

They don't need to make more anime after the bad SMT games. At least theres a chance it'll be good with Persona.

I feel like it's going to take a Director willing to cut out a lot of the unnessecary content for the adaptation. Since it's likely to only get 26 episodes, I'd say only adapt the "essential" confidants. Keep the obvious ones (Sojiro, Caroline & Justine, Sae, Mishima), and maybe a few others like Kawakami, Takemi, and possibly Iwai but dump the rest.

That was a big issue that I had with the P4 Anime. Like, nothing against the Social Links, but I felt like a lot of those side episodes would've been better spent focusing on the main characters given the limited amount of episodes they have to work with.

zulux21

I still don't know which one you are referring to.

The problem with a Persona anime is that there's literally no reason to watch an anime of a game that is already basically an anime.

Hacker-chan aka
Futaba

also, it will be nice to see some of the scenes animated.

I still need to get around to finishing persona 4 and putting myself through the anime lol.

I feel like it's going to take a Director willing to cut out a lot of the unnessecary content for the adaptation. Since it's likely to only get 26 episodes, I'd say only adapt the "essential" confidants. Keep the obvious ones (Sojiro, Caroline & Justine, Sae, Mishima), and maybe a few others like Kawakami, Takemi, and possibly Iwai but dump the rest.

That was a big issue that I had with the P4 Anime. Like, nothing against the Social Links, but I felt like a lot of those side episodes would've been better spent focusing on the main characters given the limited amount of episodes they have to work with.

to be fair you really don't need more than 2 eps for most of the dungeons in p5, an ep to branch stuff and like 4 for the final stuff leaving you like 4 episodes for side social link stuff. There is plenty of stuff to cut from the middle of the game that no one will even realize is missing.

but fans dont want their favorites characters and plots cut

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sorry, but I think you forgot to put a "in my own, personal and nontransferable opinion" for both of these statements. :p

Given a clear enough staging, the highly subjective approach to acting in animation is relative to certain ways of people's perception and tolerance to many degrees of subtleties. Communicating not through form but through movement that is lively foremost, and accentuates expressiveness, is a commendable aim (as it should be in a medium with such a diverse range of stylizations possible, that can be always explored in search of a variety to avoid the stagnant mere replication of a superficial reality). As long as the manner of reaching that expressiveness is well-established within other aspects of the show (on this particular case and as an example; the VA for the series is to me a brilliant showcase of seemingly 'ad lib' fun craziness worthy of such animation), there is a defined and understandable range to it, and pertains to a clearly devised objective of congruence on its characterisation for the duration of the show, then there is no personal objection I can make. In fact, I'd applaud it specially if there is a risk taken on fulfilling a genuinely artistic vision.

For KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!, I'd refer to Callum May's intelligent and well-informed way of highlighting specifics about what makes this show's animation that compelling overall, in my opinion:

Breaking Down Konosuba's Incredible Animation | Animator Spotlight - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC2HqRS1qjo

Specifying that an opinion is an opinion is a huge waste of time that I wish people would stop doing. I mean, yeah, if I say something isn't good, there's almost certainly some percentage of the population that doesn't agree.

I have read the first chapter of the manga Made in Abyss.

The truth is, the scene with her hanging from the rope was sexualized! At least they toned it down in the anime.

The only good video game adaptation is Danball Senki.

EDIT: Scratch that Danball Senki is second to Majin Bone since it's a digital card game and thus technically a video game.

It was okay, but it wasn't as good as the Turkish documentary I watched about stray cats in Istanbul right after.

Anyway, Shinjuku is really cool. Resisting the urge to blow my money at the arcade is tough, but it'll be worth it when I make it to Otome Road and blow my money there instead. I can't wait to be done this initial work stuff so that I can go explore more!

Kedi? That's in cinemas here right now.

RIP your wallet :p

The only good video game adaptation is Danball Senki.

EDIT: Scratch that Danball Senki is second to Majin Bone since it's a digital card game and thus technically a video game.

The iDOLM@STER? Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Edit: Forgot Kemono Friends (even if the game ended just a few months before the anime started)!

Fate/Apocrypha 5

Black team and Sieg/Jeanne aren't really that interesting to watch. Really would like more focus on the necromancer or the scheming priest.

/XX/

Specifying that an opinion is an opinion is a huge waste of time that I wish people would stop doing. I mean, yeah, if I say something isn't good, there's almost certainly some percentage of the population that doesn't agree.
Fair enough. Let's just say my stuck-up way of disagreeing with your post was mostly a trivial matter of semantics then! :)

18if Episode 4 (engdub)

Well much lighter than last episode, but she ought to still lose weight if she was really getting that heavy on the scale, conclusion should have at least addressed that increasing weight by over eating is not healthy.

Haruto is best problem solver this season, best smile.

Hyoukokun

Considering my taste for existentialist philosophy, the premise of "A Record of a Yokihama Shopping Trip" sounds like my kind of thing.
I re-read the manga every few years. It is beautiful (particularly the background scenery). Oddly calming whenever I get in a certain depressive state of mind, too.

MartyStu

The Irregular at Magic High School 1

I am confused. Are these characters lovers or siblings?

Because the text says siblings, but the subtext-so-thick-it-might-as-well-be-be-text says otherwise.

Otherwise, this is garbage anime of the highest order. The fact that it lacks fanservice is its only saving grace.

Cornbread78

Blue Gender ep.7-8
Man Yuji gets mauled, seperated from Marlene and finds some fine
nomad Elana to fuck in the middle of nowhere
too bad Marlene is gonna break up his party very soon... That girl is way too thirsty in such a short period of time...

The Irregular at Magic High School 1

I am confused. Are these characters lovers or siblings?

Because the text says siblings, but the subtext-so-thick-it-might-as-well-be-be-text says otherwise.

Otherwise, this is garbage anime of the highest order. The fact that it lacks fanservice is its only saving grace.

Enjoy Onii-sama being a god.

Literally walks on water lol.......

MartyStu

It doesnt the show is fucking trash, save yourself some time and watch something better like Aldnoah Zero or Sword Art Online

0_o

Now I MUST know. I took a long break from most Anime a few years back and I am trying to catch up on some of the more landmark shows I missed.

I know this show is supposed to be bad, but I JUST finished the second half of SAO season 1 and that was...not good.

Can't imagine this being THAT much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom