• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
HeyBot Episode 46

Nice episodes about making the screws and where their life energy is, I also realized that I really love how Heybot loves screws but doesnt go as far as either Peychet and Nejiru and even calls out Nejiru's over enthusiasm about it lol

Mindblow close to the end I never thought that deeply about why screws are screws.

Though lol at Moero and Cat being in the origin story.

Heybot! 46 - The Lore Dump Episode

D8MHrZZ.jpg
KZbRkMz.jpg
ULl229n.jpg

They say those that gaze too far into the abyss end up finding the abyss staring back at them.

I dont think I have ever actually explained the concept of this show. Essentially Heybot is a real world kids toy and you put in screws with different effects to make a combo thats a good joke. Simple enough. Except actually screws or to be more precise, rotation is like the fuel of the universe or some shit. Some deep cosmic power. So in a weird mix of Steel Ball Run and Gurren Lagann, Nejiru becomes woke or something when he figures out rotation = the birth of everything because planets rotate on their own, rotate around the sun in a galaxy that is rotating causing the expansion of the universe. I think. I dont know how this fits into the future Nejirus or the council of people that are actually planets because lol

tl;dr -

Taruranto

Re:Creatos 19

I wanted to make a she protecc/attacc/never coming bacc meme with Selesia but then I realize I have virtually no pics of her saved.

Anyway, I wish they had actually used the other episodes to actually properly explain the characters' backstories, I mean look at this:

It's like the writers had her whole backstory written somewhere and went "oh shit, we forgot to actually write it into the show, quick, explain it to the audience in the middle of her speech!".

Admittedly, Hikayu is an extreme example because she was introduced so late, but it's not like she had to be introduced so late and most characters feel underutilized anyway.

Even whatshisname's tears for Alice the Jobber feels somewhat unearned, because how little they did interact.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aho Girl 8

Best episode yet.

I almost died at Sayaka taking Morals President aside to tell her that A-kun thinks she's a crazed stalker.

Dragon Ball Super 105

If you had told me in 2017 that after years of being the old perverted man who occasionally had an ok moment that Master Roshi would have one of the best episodes in this whole arc so far... and one of the most emotional scenes in Dragon Ball Super (manipulative as it was), I wouldn't have believed you.

What a man.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dragon Ball Super 105:

Muten Roshi has been treated with more dignity this arc then both Krillian and Yamcha combined, this is among the more odd occurrences in the year of 2017.

Clov

I hadn't seen this earlier, but there was an update recently on a potential North American license of Perfect Blue! Someone asked GKIds whether they'd ever bring it over, and they said...

They'd love to, but the rights aren't available.

So, if I'm being optimistic, this could mean that somebody already has the license and is working on a release right now. Of course, it also could mean that someone is just sitting on the rights. Who knows!

ibyea

Banned
Garo The Animation: 1-2
Those armors are sure tacky. It also has some really edgy monsters design.

The action is enjoyable, and the premise is interesting, but I can't say I am very enthused by this show.

Jintor

new game+ 5

uh i guess they knew they had too much real stuff with work getting knocked back and peers being better than you, so they threw in some emergency onsen yuri at the end there. and they didn't cheap out either.

i mean i'm not opposed exactly but it seemed kinda ooc for aochii

Moaradin

Garo The Animation: 1-2
Those armors are sure tacky. It also has some really edgy monsters design.

The action is enjoyable, and the premise is interesting, but I can't say I am very enthused by this show.

It's a slow burn, but pretty damn enjoyable by the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just kidding!

Haha, oh man, I'm not even sure anymore who the dumbest character in this show is.

I would say Morals President was definitely stupider than Yoshiko in this episode given that Yoshiko had an entire segment where she was surprisingly insightful even if she was shouting all of her dialogue while doing it.

Narag

Kakegurui 8

Bad ep lacking in the craft on display in the previous episodes. Didn't help it was nothing but setup and boring setup at that. It's basically what I figured the show would be like when it first started given the current workload over at MAPPA. Just hoping it ends well after the great start because seeing it collapse at the end would be rather sad.

Jarmel

Banned
Kakegurui 8

Bad ep lacking in the craft on display in the previous episodes. Didn't help it was nothing but setup and boring setup at that. It's basically what I figured the show would be like when it first started given the current workload over at MAPPA. Just hoping it ends well after the great start because seeing it collapse at the end would be rather sad.

There were animation errors already in the previous episode. They're just overloaded.

Narag

Re:Creators 19

I'm growing to appreciate the post-clip episode meta commentary episodes about what was necessary for audience acceptance for a story like this. All the little character work for the Creations throughout the show is paying off now in a heartbreaking manner.

Kalentan

Guys, Re:Creators is really fucking good now.

holy shit what a turnaround

What? The show has always been good. Very talkative show but good from episode 1.

Man if people thought the show was bad up till now than holy shit. The standards people must have in the anime community must be so high that nothing short of an oscar worthy anime must be considered 'good'.

Like if Re:Creators was considered 'bad' up until this point. Then I wish most anime's were 'bad'.

Narag

What? The show has always been good. Very talkative show but good from episode 1.

Man if people thought the show was bad up till now than holy shit. The standards people must have in the anime community must be so high that nothing short of an oscar worthy anime must be considered 'good'.

Like if Re:Creators was considered 'bad' up until this point. Than I wish most animes were 'bad'.

I've got great news for you.

LotusHD

Banned

Like if Re:Creators was considered 'bad' up until this point. Then I wish most anime's were 'bad'.

I'm pretty sure our standards aren't that high.

duckroll

The standards people must have in the anime community must be so high that nothing short of an oscar worthy anime must be considered 'good'.

Laziest sort of counter argument ever. Mainly because there's only been one Oscar worthy anime ever according to the Academy. :p

blurr

Kakegurui 05

Of all the things I've seen in this show, I didn't think I'd be so frightened by a girl's hair being cut. The episode right before this
almost had a rape scene ffs.

The scene was brief but really effective.

Kalentan

Laziest sort of counter argument ever. Mainly because there's only been one Oscar worthy anime ever according to the Academy. :p

I guess that is a fair point but what I'm simply trying to say is that it seems like the standards must be really high if something like Re:Creators has been considered bad.

I'm not saying Re:Creators is a perfect anime or that it's the best thing ever, but honestly it really has been quite good. It took a concept that in some ways has been done before but actually has done it well with it actually thought out. It's very easy to imagine the path of the show in the hands of worse writers. Because of how the concept is handled, it makes the episodes where characters just stand around and talk become interesting because it's actually cool to see just how much thought the writers put into how things would work.

If more anime's were on par with the quality of Re:Creators, I'd probably be watching as much anime as I did back in High school.

duckroll

Re:Creators - Episode 19

Damn, that was pretty good. Maaya didn't even have a line this week and it was still good. Shocking! So erm, considering last week's episode. I guess they're okay with doing what they're doing now because in the end Sota is going to write a doujin which fixes everything and it'll work because he no longer needs audience acceptance? Chekov's Deus Ex Machina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom