• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

New Game+ 6

oy6rR0k.jpg
Holy shit they already got Splatoon 3 @_@

It's weird that for how interested the show is about representing the creative process, it still represents drawing as a state of churning out completed drawings when what Aoba really should be turning out is a bunch of messy scribbles and shapes that kind of resembles the perspective of what might be

ibyea

Banned
Re Creators: 13
Wow, I actually sat through most of the recap episode because they added a small bit of new info for some of the characters and Meteora's narration was funny as heck.

ibyea

Banned
Re Creators: 14-16
These sets of episodes are calm for the most part before the show starts ratcheting up again for the Elimination Chamber Festival. It is somewhat dull, and Meteora sometimes rambles on too long like always, but it still contains some good moments. The best parts of these episodes was some of the moments with Blitz Talker and his backstory, which explains why he is siding with Altair. Also, the appearance of a character from an adult visual novel, and the embarrassment that resulted from people knowing her most intimate moments was pretty funny.

moogs

Neo Member
THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls 17–19

So Mishiro's motives make some sense at least, and she's apparently producing results—oh, the humanity. Mika and Miria's tender moment wasn't enough to offset the creation of Totokira Academy (a kindergarten themed variety show). Anzu's heart-to-heart with Kirari was decent, if contrived. She should just desert Candy Island already. I forgot Uzuki was so readily apprehensive. Natsuki has been the most interesting side character so far. There was some exceptional character animation in episode nineteen, especially of hair and gestures.

Rankings: 1. Uzuki; 2. Anastasia; 3. Rin; 4. Miku; 5. Mio▲; 6. Ranko
Benched: Kirari, Minami, and Dari
Expelled: Miria, Rika, and Anzu
Sellout(s): Mika and Natsuki

blurr

New Game+ 6

Holy shit they already got Splatoon 3 @_@

It's weird that for how interested the show is about representing the creative process, it still represents drawing as a state of churning out completed drawings when what Aoba really should be turning out is a bunch of messy scribbles and shapes that kind of resembles the perspective of what might be

I feel it's the same as it was since season 1 when it comes to the actual creative process for games, only skims at a high level(programming, art) but it's a lot more serious when it comes to talking about creative work in general, the problems creators tackle in an organization (dealing with higher level management, personal pressures and time). It helps that we're right at the beginning of a new project, so even the conception phase is becoming clear unlike first season where that was past by the time Aoba joined.

Jintor

it's like an even lighter and fluffier shirobako (and shirobako was already relatively light and fluffy compared to what could have been)

i don't know if i prefer it over just cute girls doing cute things or not. i guess it's an ok compromise.

Ducktales 2017-
Absolutely wonderful. The humor is on point, the art direction is gorgeous, and the characters are more interesting than their earlier iterations. This might be one of the best reboots I've ever seen. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing.

More interesting than their earlier iterations? Blasphemy.

blurr

it's like an even lighter and fluffier shirobako (and shirobako was already relatively light and fluffy compared to what could have been)

i don't know if i prefer it over just cute girls doing cute things or not. i guess it's an ok compromise.

I think it works just fine because it isolates its cute moments from its more serious moments and if there were such an intersection it does handle it respectfully. However, the generally moe aesthetic and light hearted tone can come off as something that undermines the more serious problems it tackles, how bothersome is subjective but there is some truth to it. While the somewhat light tone of Shirobako is cherished, it had similar criticism regarding its character designs of the lead girls.

Cornbread78

Dragonaut the Resonance ep. 6-7
Uggh, this show is baaad. I mean, the plot and the writing are just bad and make no sense. The use of CG is bad, but hey, we have some "romance" so it's gotta be good, right?

Dragonaut the Resonance ep. 6-7

Uggh, this show is baaad. I mean, the plot and the writing are just bad and make no sense. The use of CG is bad, but hey, we have some "romance" so it's gotta be good, right?

I watched it entirely when it first came out. Easily one of the worst shows I've ever seen AND finished. Damn it's bad. Good luck, I'm not counting on you lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cornbread likes randomly watching bad shows instead of all the good stuff everyone recommends.

Well he's already admitted to not liking idol shows so he'll never be able to experience the best this medium has to offer.

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think it works just fine because it isolates its cute moments from its more serious moments and if there were such an intersection it does handle it respectfully. However, the generally moe aesthetic and light hearted tone can come off as something that undermines the more serious problems it tackles, how bothersome is subjective but there is some truth to it. While the somewhat light tone of Shirobako is cherished, it had similar criticism regarding its character designs of the lead girls.

Shirobako also had much better execution and was better to relate to for industry folks, even if it was light-hearted tamer depictions - many of us still connected to particular situations, personality types, etc to the point where we can think of specific moments in our careers that parallel those in the show. New Game is just moe trash with a much more simplified, shallow, and weak veneer of "lol game dev work look at us doing thangs" to give it a faint air of industry realism.

Yes, it's a 4-koma adaptation so it was never going to be , but I'll continue to bitch about that show because I think the game industry should get a lot better than what we've seen so far. I'd like to see a mix of Shirobako and Girlish Number for a game dev anime take.

It's Love Live's fault. Woofy made me watch S1 for being a bad boy, lol.

giphy.gif
I haven't made anybody watch anything whatcha talking bout Willis.

Only show I whore out that nobody watches is the first couple of seasons of natsume yuujinchou

Edit:eek:h wait that dragon show? I think I recall watching it once. Maybe. I certainly wouldn't recommend it seriously but as a hate watch if you have fantasies of fucking the game of Thrones dragons

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Princess Principal 8
Oh, i guess that's why in the credit the princess are the only one who is not using her given name, using her title instead. It all make sense. A shame we didn't get info if Dorothy find out that her father got killed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom