• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

A3NqzXL.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
zannen onnakanbu Black general san
So, this is the future... anime for smartphone. Well, ah... um, the voice acting was good. There's barely any animation in it. Inferno cop has more animation than this, so yeah..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Reiji coming out of nowhere is a little mystifying. I guess he was in the building before the fighting started and the building was in lockdown mode? I'm glad he's in here though. The final duel between Sei and Reiji though was great and what I wanted more of instead of the rest of this nonsense.

He can teleport anywhere.

Qurupeke

Kuromukuro 1

Really good character animation and I like the green landscapes a lot. You could fool me that this is part of PA Works' "working" series. The mix of giant robots and traditional japanese folklore sounds interesting.

John Blade

Just got my parcel of Bubblegum Crisis - Ultimate Edition, Otaku no Video - Dolby TrueHD (Kickstarter Exclusive, and Riding Bean (Kickstarter Exclusive) from Animeigo today. Look like I know what I will be watching next month. Will post some pics when I come home. So happy.

Qurupeke

Too bad the mecha designs suck.

I'm fond of "realistic" military mecha, but I think something like Full Metal Panic does them a lot better. To be fair, I haven't even seen the main mecha in action yet, but the rest looked somewhat lame. The bad guys are decent though, maybe a bit plain.

dickroach

Stardust Crusaders 39

This show needed to be at least 12 episodes shorter. The way the show stalls for time to make sure it hits its 48 episode count is very ungraceful at times. This episode's "we've arrived at Dio's mansion; time to have a recap/flashback of the whole series up to this point" was particularly egregious.

it did kind of drag, but I'd say there was way more good then bad. 40 and 41 are two of the best episodes in all of SC, and then you're pretty much at Dio.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NISA has the license, and that one website I've mentioned in the past, the C&L Club, is the only Canadian retailer I've found that carries NISA products. If you don't want to use them, you'll have to go through RightStuf.
Yeah, I was google around for that site because I couldn't remember the name. Weird that they never sold this stuff on Amazon.

zulux21

Arent some of their Voice Actors affected/being affected, hope everyone comes/came out alright.

most likely as they are a texas based company (wikipedia says Flower Mound, TX which is near dallas) so while their headquarters likely aren't directly affected odds are some of their talent lives south of them and are affected.

Szadek

Princess Principal - Ep. 8
I think this episode kind of redeems the last one, since it established that the princess really cares about the common people, which otherwise would come a bit out of nowhere.
It was a pretty excellent episode in general, even without any action.
Ange and the princess finally got thier backstroy explained and as the result they became the best characters of the show.
I already liked Ange, but the Princess turned out to be far more interesting than I could have guessed.

Also, I started rewatching Revolutionary Girl Utena, because why not?
It's freaking amazing after all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria might catch up to Escaflowne's level of funding, which is not something I would've anticipated when the campaign started.
Yeah. I mean in the end it's still less than 2000 backers which isn't a lot of people. But like someone pledged 10k (which pushed it above 240), so I guess that's all you really need to make up for the lack of numbers.

Incidentally, in the AMA I guess Shawne all but confirmed that Tamayura (the movies) will never be licensed due to music rights issues. It's too bad. :(

I suppose this means I can pull my backing without to much worry.
don't really want the series just want rightstuf to dub more of their stuff lol.
Please wait until they do Origination. :p

tuffy

Yeah. I mean in the end it's still less than 2000 backers which isn't a lot of people. But like someone pledged 10k (which pushed it above 240), so I guess that's all you really need to make up for the lack of numbers.
Still plenty of time, though! Assuming another big spike in backers toward the end, and I can see it topping 2000 before the campaign's over with. It'll be one of the most successful anime Kickstarters of all time.
Incidentally, in the AMA I guess Shawne all but confirmed that Tamayura (the movies) will never be licensed due to music rights issues. It's too bad. :(
That, on the other hand, is unfortunate.

zulux21

Please wait until they do Origination. :p

I guess I can wait a bit longer.

just really don't have a lot of interest in the series so don't really want to keep my pledge now that it looks like it will be perfectly fine and then some lol.

Still plenty of time, though! Assuming another big spike in backers toward the end, and I can see it topping 2000 before the campaign's over with. It'll be one of the most successful anime Kickstarters of all time.

makes me sad skip beat only got 1,646 backers pledging $224,546

given it's better series than aria and escaflowne combined >.>

granted it didn't have a huge mailing list like funimation or rightstuf to get on board :p

Saw Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu a couple of days go. Great movie. It was neat to see everything from a different perspective.
Do the VNs or other material elaborate on the consequences of the introduction of time travel technology in the steins gate world line?

tuffy

makes me sad skip beat only got 1,646 backers pledging $224,546

granted it didn't have a huge mailing list like funimation or rightstuf to get on board :p
Animeigo got Bubblegum Crisis funded with a ton of backers and they're pretty niche. Familiarity with the title seems like the common factor in the most successful campaigns.

But at least Skip Beat! got funded in the end!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Firestarter finally delivering?
Hey everyone (hopefully) got their posters and I still have the shows on my hard drive to watch. lol

Aria da best~

Here's hoping. The update says more announcements to be made tomorrow so hopefully that's the next stretch goal.

Yeah, I assume the fact that they were "movies" must be the hang up. Which is unfortunate because while More Aggressive does work as a standalone season, not having the final "season" to finish off the story is unfortunate. I wonder if they'll even bother getting the second season at this point.

zulux21

Animeigo got Bubblegum Crisis funded with a ton of backers and they're pretty niche. Familiarity with the title seems like the common factor in the most successful campaigns.

But at least Skip Beat! got funded in the end!

indeed. and I mean Ann from pied pipper is apparently involved in aria in some way as she posted about that on the skip beat updates (aka how I found out about the aria stuff)
rightstuf is also helping with skip beat so that's nice as well.

I still find it silly though that rightstuf's free shipping tier is below the get the anime pledge on kickstarter and they still want shipping for that :p

Dadasch

Haikyuu S1
Not what I expected. Of course volleyball should play a very big role here, but there is literally nothing else there. Nothing.
No Highschool-Drama, nothing supernatural or any crime story - just volleyball. It isn't boring in any sense, but I do wish for some variety, which unfortunately wasn't there.

Having said that, the last couple episodes were pretty hype. I watch volleyball here and there (only National team level though), so I'm not the biggest fan, but I think it was pretty well depicted.

Pooya

Time for the annual Tsukihime Remake visual preview where they show one image and then nothing else until next year's single image:

https://twitter.com/kei_ksg/status/902375243498455040

I'd be surprised if it ever comes out. Why work on a VN that's not going sell much anyway instead of working on a gacha?

Their last VN came out 5 years ago after a million years in development, didn't seem to sell much just like every other VN I guess and that was supposed to be a trilogy.... Seems like bad business to me.

They have more success with no risk just licensing and co-producing their stuff in other mediums. Type-moon is a software developer in name only.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can AHO-GIRL get another cour? Or five? I would just like this show to never end, if at all possible.

4cd90c5c-dff3-4366-byrph2.jpeg

Just look at how happy she is.

Clov

Yeah, I was google around for that site because I couldn't remember the name. Weird that they never sold this stuff on Amazon.

It is really weird that they never used Amazon.ca. Even RightStuf sells certain titles on there!

Which reminds me, there's one more place you can get NISA titles from... which is their official website. Of course, you'll still be paying in USD.

lol

Aria blew past 260k and they're out of stretch goals.

Wonder if they'll add the OVAs now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom