• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aho-Girl Episode 9 -

tumblr_ovgkdaH3T91taq1k1o2_540.jpg

Turns out the A in A-Kun stands for asshole. No wonder he doesn't have any friends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get it. Why are they calling it a remake?It's not like it got another adaptation. Am I missing something?

They're remaking the Visual Novel for some insane reason. I don't get why it would take very long since most of it is already written and VN art is mostly static.

Just add better music, better art and take out the essay-length sections of Shiki graphically describing what it feels like to have sex with a vampire/demon hunter/demon/etc.

Jarmel

Banned
They're remaking the Visual Novel for some insane reason. I don't get why it would take very long since most of it is already written and VN art is mostly static.

Just add better music, better art and take out the essay-length sections of Shiki graphically describing what it feels like to have sex with a vampire/demon hunter/demon/etc.

That insane reason being the art looks like dog shit.

Also no, keep the sex scenes as they are.

7O3X Episode 9
DIbuO4tVYAIKOq3.jpg:small
DIbuQFMUMAAiDfC.jpg:small

Best BL of the season, all the dick moves are great too. Easily became 2nd best character (since Mikuriya is the best). Also hilarious how all the older students are harboring some jealously over these characters who were only in elementary school a few months ago.

DIbtSMLUIAAFeTJ.jpg:small

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Game Season 2, Episode 8:

I was so bored by the faffing about this week that I ended up checking social media and then quitting about half way through as it just felt my time was being wasted this week by the office pablum nobody outside the office gives two shits about.

Magic Circle Guru Guru 8

This show is so god damn consistent. I always laugh at the dumbest fucking gags, and the Nike and Kukuri relationship is so god damn adorable I have a smile on my face the whole time. I especially loved his new sword lmao.

Ahh, there it is!

Did you at least enjoy ep.12 of baka?

Also, bath scene, creepy or meaningful and creepy?

12 was very good.

I'm assuming you mean the Araragi and Shinobu scene. Creepy yes, insightful into their relationship yes, should have been presented in another fashion? very yes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Last season then. Do it Shawne.

Edit: Next stretch goal is reversible covers.
Yeah, they're saving the big stuff for tomorrow I guess.

At this point, they should just dub everything with commentary tracks too, haha
They should pay for a Venice trip. lol

Wonder if they'll add the OVAs now?

The third season isn't officially a stretch goal yet. But once it is, I'm certain the Avvenire OVAs will be part of it.
I think it was said that they don't have the rights to Avvenire, so based on that, they only have Arietti, Origination, and Origination 5.5 (and the picture dramas) from the final set.

Maybe they're rushing to see if they can get an Avvenire stretch goal though, but I imagine it's a separate license.

tuffy

I think it was said that they don't have the rights to Avvenire, so based on that, they only have Arietti, Origination, and Origination 5.5 (and the picture dramas) from the final set.

Maybe they're rushing to see if they can get an Avvenire stretch goal though, but I imagine it's a separate license.
I've skimmed through the Reddit AMA thing and Shawne never actually says they don't have Avennire that I can see. It'd be weird for Nozomi to license the contents of the Japanese Aria BD sets and not get those new episodes that came with them.

Cornbread78

12 was very good.

I'm assuming you mean the Araragi and Shinobu scene. Creepy yes, insightful into their relationship yes, should have been presented in another fashion? very yes.

Baka 12 is one of my all time favs.

The bath scene was tough bevause on one hand, it was a great scene with huge movement in character/relationship developement, with a really good tone to it all.

I mean, artistically, they were both facing each other in the most vulnerable position position to find common ground going forward. Visually, well, yeah, I wish they either had Kiss Shot, or changed how the viewer saw that scene...

Theonik

Is it really Tsukihime without the shitty Nasu sex scenes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've skimmed through the Reddit AMA thing and Shawne never actually says they don't have Avennire that I can see. It'd be weird for Nozomi to license the contents of the Japanese Aria BD sets and not get those new episodes that came with them.
My assumption is that they basically asked for the BD rights to the stuff they have the DVD rights for already, but it would make sense for them to negotiate it all in one go. I guess it would take an insider to go on ANNCast or something to reveal how these things go.

Narag

My assumption is that they basically asked for the BD rights to the stuff they have the DVD rights for already, but it would make sense for them to negotiate it all in one go. I guess it would take an insider to go on ANNCast or something to reveal how these things go.

During the con stream this was announced, he had just hinted "all good things come to those who wait." I took that to mean he wanted to get the earlier stuff done first.

Sakura Quest, Episode 17 - Holy shit, the girls introduce the elders of the town to the internet and they immediate start resorting to shitposting online. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wrestling with myself and conflicted about whether to finish Scum's Wish or not...

I felt like the ending was a bit of a disappointment, although I do appreciate that they didn't have an ending that was... clean.

During the con stream this was announced, he had just hinted "all good things come to those who wait." I took that to mean he wanted to get the earlier stuff done first.
He also hinted at redoing the Aria manga on the Kickstarter page, so who knows. :p

Aria about to hit 280. If they do make Origination the 300k tier, then it's all but guaranteed.

Stardust Crusaders 44

The moment of
Iggy's demise
was handled pretty well.
The shot of Abdul and Iggy's spirits bidding farewall as they fade into the heavenly skies was well done.
The rest of the episode, especially the unnecessary interruption of Suzie's visit to Japan, was just a waste of time.

it did kind of drag, but I'd say there was way more good then bad. 40 and 41 are two of the best episodes in all of SC, and then you're pretty much at Dio.

I agree that there is more good than bad, and that the encounter with D'Arby the Gamer is one of the highlights of the whole show. Still, it's not hard to see how much more successful the show as a whole could be if the pacing was tighter. There's a consistent pattern of inserting banal material and dragging out moments beyond any reasonable limit. At times the show is able to justify drawing things out through the effective building of tension, but more often it damages my investment in my series by killing momentum, such as when this episode put off the encounter with Dio it was propelling itself towards for some inconsequential nonsense.

Line_HTX

I don't even know what those scenes in the VN are like or how bad the writing is. I'm guessing it's way worse than the F/SN VN.

Thoraxes

Kakegurui - 08

Yumeko's lust for gambling and the tricks she uses to goad people are amazing as always
, even if she did have help doing it.

Nisemonogatari done.

Overall, I found it weaker than Bake, I was less enthused by the increase in fanservice for the younger characters. Bake had it, but it seemed way more egregious in Nise. Still, it was strong in character, and I really enjoyed the final episode.

Next is Nekomonogatari, it seems. I'm not particularly hyped for it, I haven't really enjoyed Hanekawa so far. Maybe it will change my mind.

So far, Senjougahara >>> everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom