• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Altair: A Record of Battles 4
Z7B1BtFl.png

Dang, that felt a lot better. Wonder if the first three episodes were compressed early manga chapters hence everything just being weird.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Battle Royale thanks to all the pubg hype.

I finally watch something from Japan that's not anime related and it still ends up being about the wacky lives of high school freshmen.

Still was a very good movie. It seems like an empty excuse for mindless action at first, but they really do stuff in a lot of touching stories into it. It's like they cover a wide array of typical teen experiences, except expressed through violent murder.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 22:

Speaking of people who belong in prison, what in the seven blue hells is
Orochimaru
not in one?

JulianImp

I still don't get waifu/shipping wars, but I'll say Hanekawa certainly gets better over time. I certainly like how she gets developed over Neko, Second Season and Kizu.

Most characters in Monogatari are nice because they get enough screen time to avoid being one-note cardboard cutouts. Heck, even Nadeko ended up being decent (-ish).

Sandfox

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 22:

Speaking of people who belong in prison, what in the seven blue hells is
Orochimaru
not in one?

It was explained that He, Kabuto, and Sasuke are allowed to walk around because they are more useful that way in case another incident occurs. At least that's how I think the explanation went.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It was explained that He, Kabuto, and Sasuke are allowed to walk around because they are more useful that way in case another incident occurs. At least that's how I think the explanation went.

Yea. still thinking the lot of them should be in some sort of containment.

Nana Maru San Batsu 5-9

I'm not quite sure why I dropped this show, but I picked it back up on a whim and well, as silly as it feels to take this quiz bowl stuff so seriously I've got to say I'm really into it now. One thing I was wondering was when the 'cheater' character would show up and welp that question has sorta been answered.

Aho Girl 09

A-kun is an asshole and deserves an idiot like Yoshiko to keep him in check. Sayaka's break down at the end of the episode was fucking hilarious.

Smartphone Isekai 08

I am still watching it minimal effort isekai anime and still somehow mildly entertained.

Cornbread78

I watched some shows:

Genshiken ep.9
The tension was palpable... damn nose hairs....

Aho Girl ep.9
This poor girl.... she's not the crazy one, but she ALWAYS loses.....

Tsurezure Children ep.9
I hate this girl.... I mean, what a tease! #$%#^... Run dude, run away; you don't want none of that!

Isekai Smartphone Jesus ep.8
awwwwwe, how cute! The other three are about to pounce. I'm starting to like the Princess more and more and all her digs at MC-kun though...

Love and Lies ep.9
Wait, what? I knew this part from ep,1 was going to come back eventually, but... I want ep.10 now! Oh and Cultural Fest. episode was pretty good. I loved how they used the story of Romeo and Juliet to throw a broad blanket on the whole love mess they are all in now...

Dragonaut ep.8-9
This show is soo freakin bad on so many levels, I'm not sure where to start. First off, I hate each and every character. Second of all, the writing sucks. Third of all, the CG sucks. Fourth of all, the story sucks. This is a pure hate watch now to see how crappy this show can really be...

DNAbro

Boruto 22

Don't mind me I'm just Orochimaru just doing Orochimaru things in the background.

Aho Girl 9

A plain that goes as far as the eyes can see.

tuffy

My assumption is that they basically asked for the BD rights to the stuff they have the DVD rights for already, but it would make sense for them to negotiate it all in one go. I guess it would take an insider to go on ANNCast or something to reveal how these things go.
And sure enough, they just announced the third season, OVAs, and even Avvenire in another batch of stretch goals.

Qurupeke

Kuromukuro 2-4

I really like the interactions between Yukina and Kennosuke. For a mecha show, Kennosuke's circumstances have proven to be the show's most interesting aspect so far. It helps that the character animation is very good, the Mall scene was cute and funny, while it also defined the characters further. Also, a workaholic mother in a PA Works anime. I begin to see a pattern here.

e_i

If the Aria Kickstarter reaches $360k they will dub EVERYTHING,including Aria The Avvenire and the picture dramas.

It takes a cold man to look at these adorable expressive designs and not feel anything.

My heart is melting.

Kuromukuro 2-4

I really like the interactions between Yukina and Kennosuke. For a mecha show, Kennosuke's circumstances have proven to be the show's most interesting aspect so far. It helps that the character animation is very good, the Mall scene was cute and funny, while it also defined the characters further. Also, a workaholic mother in a PA Works anime. I begin to see a pattern here.

The character dynamics and development is the best part of Kuromukuro.

tuffy

If the Aria Kickstarter reaches $360k they will dub EVERYTHING,including Aria The Avvenire and the picture dramas.
Looks like they'll need to average ~$5800 per day through the end of the campaign to pull that off. Given they've only had 3 days lower than that so far, I think this is achievable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And sure enough, they just announced the third season, OVAs, and even Avvenire in another batch of stretch goals.
It's the final stretch goal though and they're not adding any more tiers. I almost wonder if that decision is what stalls them out. :/

Of note is that the Japanese Avvenire commentary/roundtable is exclusive to the Kickstarter orders (which seems like it'll make the set cost more, but I dunno).

tuffy

It's the final stretch goal though and they're not adding any more tiers. I almost wonder if that decision is what stalls them out. :/

Of note is that the Japanese Avvenire commentary/roundtable is exclusive to the Kickstarter orders (which seems like it'll make the set cost more, but I dunno).
Adding a third batch of tiers doesn't make much sense because if they do hit the stretch goal, there's nowhere else to go even if everybody upgrades their tiers again. I don't think Nozomi wants to risk getting only the Origination done and leaving OVA stretch goals out after they've come this far.

But even in the worst case that they don't hit the goal, we know they have the whole thing licensed and are liable to finish it up with another small campaign down the line - like they'd originally planned to use this one's leftover funds for.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Adding a third batch of tiers doesn't make much sense because if they do hit the stretch goal, there's nowhere else to go even if everybody upgrades their tiers again. I don't think Nozomi wants to risk getting only the Origination done and leaving OVA stretch goals out after they've come this far.

But even in the worst case that they don't hit the goal, we know they have the whole thing licensed and are liable to finish it up with another small campaign down the line - like they'd originally planned to use this one's leftover funds for.

I think they should have considered adding in the Origination/Avvenire tiers now and hope that the people upgrading would fund it and eat the difference themselves if they didn't.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but the number of backers hasn't risen at all so the majority of the funding so far as come from people like me changing their pledges by adding another 50+ dollars. And as much as I like Aria and I'm backing at the silly "name in big letters" tier, I don't think I can justify going higher if I'm not getting anything else that I'd want.

tuffy

I think they should have considered adding in the Origination/Avvenire tiers now and hope that the people upgrading would fund it and eat the difference themselves if they didn't.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but the number of backers hasn't risen at all so the majority of the funding so far as come from people like me changing their pledges by adding another 50+ dollars. And as much as I like Aria and I'm backing at the silly "name in big letters" tier, I don't think I can justify going higher if I'm not getting anything else that I'd want.
It's still getting 20-30 new backers per day, though. At an average of $167 each and that's most of what it needs already. Plus, it's liable to get the usual late spike in backers as the project nears completion. The project's at 80% of the $360K goal after only 60% of the time remaining, so I think it's in pretty good shape to hit it.

Stardust Crusaders 45

Dio is such a troll.
I love how, when he encounters Polnareff, he doesn't use his time-stop powers to kill him or anything like that, but just keeps moving him down the stairs to mess with his mind.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's still getting 20-30 new backers per day, though. At an average of $167 each and that's most of what it needs already. Plus, it's liable to get the usual late spike in backers as the project nears completion. The project's at 80% of the $360K goal after only 60% of the time remaining, so I think it's in pretty good shape to hit it.

Well, I hope you're right. Like I said, I just hope we haven't hit a ceiling in terms of people interested in backing the project, particularly if the only thing they're pledging to now if they have already pledged is the opportunity to pay more for Origination later.

phaze

Maybe they expanded upon in it Boruto but wasn't that for the services rendered in the War ?

What kind of a riot?

😗😜

So bad it's glorious, hilarious, dumb in all kinds of weird ways as well as plain offensive.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 22:

I for one am glad that the runaway teenager arc is done because that shit was obvious and unbearable but kudos I suppose for it not being pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom