• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Once you're done with the anime:
  • Did you really like the anime and think the story was cool? Then no.
  • Thought the anime was kinda dumb but you're cool with dumb shit? Then yes.

Finish the Anime. Watch the two Japanese movies, then the 2016 Drama, and maybe after that watch the Netflix one and be disappointed.
Thanks

It's ok so far I'm up to epd 3. I guess, didn't realize there were so many episodes.
No idea how this is supposed to be a live action.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1-2

This was good until the Chunibyo character appeared. He is totally unfunny and annoying. I'm not sure I'm going to continue this show if he's one of the main characters.

School Rumble - Completed

So I've been watching School Rumble since the weekend and final finished it. First season was pretty solid, but I felt the second season went off the rails by the halfway point. I understand that apparently, the anime overtook the manga, which would explain why the second season seemed to be filled with so much filler and parody gags.

The writers also seemed to have a really weird fixation on Imadori and Lara, who I was not a fan of.

Got here a month early :).
D3gbmxN_d.jpg

DNAbro

This was good until the Chunibyo character appeared. He is totally unfunny and annoying. I'm not sure I'm going to continue this show if he's one of the main characters.

SNAFU is one of all time favs and I don't even remember that character

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This might outright be the most uppity Anime I've ever watched.

Who does this author think he is lmao.
This episode starts with a stage play of the legend of Icarus. The only two people in the audience are Ayanokiji and the Teacher.

Code:
          j
          e
          s
          u
          s
j e s u s c h r i s t 
          h
          r
          i 
          s
          t

This episode starts with a stage play of the legend of Icarus. The only two people in the audience are Ayanokiji and the Teacher.

they're actually just sitting in the top row with most of the other seats being empty

that doesn't change the fact that this series has its figurative head up its metaphorical ass

Haly

It makes Psychopass and Terror in Resonance seem humble and unpretentious.

Cornbread78

New Game S2 ep.8
The Director's yuriness on full display this episode. Pretty decent episode reviewing office friendships.

Gal Girlfriend ep.8
Typical beach fanservice episode.. cute ending as the rest of the harem is starting to realize they have lost.

Also, above all else, does the director not realize or care that the pedophile friends antics/jokes are not funny... it's fucking gross..

It is terrible but I can't stop watching.

ok i watched episode 1.

1. Students judged on individual merit... but somehow this means judged as an entire class

2. Loner girl who clearly isn't a loner. I can already guess her entire backstory.

3. BIG BREAST girl in an anime that wants to be taken seriously.

Ok... time to watch episode 2.

Classroom of the Edgelite 8

The show opens with an extremely pretentious play that is completely out of place for this show, and not only that they take any subtlety of what it represents by having the the two audience members talking about EXACTLY what it means because how convenient the play was in the boat. Oh and they're on a luxury cruise which you could gather means they're on some form of school trip activity, but then after the opening credits the show needs to once again explain everything to you by beating you over the head with it by overexposition girl

"OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL VIEW"

"YES INDEED, THE VIEW IN THIS CRUISE IS INDEED GREAT, HOW GREAT FOR THE SCHOOL TO BRING US ON A CRUISE"

"YOU MEAN THE 5 STAR CRUISE? WOW CLEARLY NO MOTIVE BEHIND THIS"

*20 minutes later*

"OH NO THERE IS A MOTIVE"

And yes, more fan service and most of the lead girls are now realizing their panties are drenched for Ayanokoji in some way or another. Because he's the coolest and most mysterious motherfucker.

Anime is trash. And so am I.

Love the trend of Japanese MCs who are supposed to be socially inept and yet somehow can manipulate people easily and eventually befriend the entire class.

Can't fault Classroom of the Elite for this. Every anime seems to do this now.

DreamFes R Episode 2
DIhFE32UMAAWHLs.jpg:small
DIhFGHTUMAANnpG.jpg:small

Wow, I was sad it was a Kurofune episode but with these lines I need even more. I dont know where they go from here cause Shin has all these issues. Please be reborn soon Kurofune.

ok i watched episode 1.

1. Students judged on individual merit... but somehow this means judged as an entire class

2. Loner girl who clearly isn't a loner. I can already guess her entire backstory.

3. BIG BREAST girl in an anime that wants to be taken seriously.

Ok... time to watch episode 2.

I personally couldn't get past Episode 2. I was going to do a Mid Season Review on it, but I could not get into it at all, ironically or legitimately.

I was thinking maybe basketball dude got an altered copy or something (and set up to be expelled) but I guess he's really just a moron...

I thought this was supposed to be an elite academy?

Kyuur

Does the new release of Sword of the Stranger by Funimation not have JP audio with English subtitles? Their website is only streaming the dub.

Zaimozuka is pretty minor and easy to ignore. But pPlease continue it especially for Hikitani kun and Hayato interactions. I cant wait to get back to more of the novels.

SNAFU also has great music please keep watching, causing Yukitoki and Harumodoki are great songs by the great Nagi Yanagi.

Haly

I was thinking maybe basketball dude got an altered copy or something (and set up to be expelled) but I guess he's really just a moron...

I thought this was supposed to be an elite academy?

It's one of the things that don't really make sense in this anime. So it's an elite academy, but there are clearly problem kids/delinquents that are all shunted off into one class. How did they get in in the first place?

No one knows. The author clearly didn't think that far.

Elite Classroom 08

I understand why the other guys in class act the way they do they have to do SOMETHING to get the girls' attention because at this rate every girl in the school will be ready to drop their soaking wet panties at the sight of the MC. Teachers included.

The kicker of course is he doesn't even want any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom