• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
4yzagCd.png

I like how they think putting the same quote in multiple languages makes them more important.

kewlmyc

Gal Girlfriend ep.8

Also, above all else, does the director not realize or care that the pedophile friends antics/jokes are not funny... it's fucking gross..

Why still watch it then? Seems most people have given up on the show due to either the pedophile guy or that pink hair chick.

Holy shit, the Mazinger Z trailer looks really good.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Now do Getter Robo! Do Getter Robo!

*After Movie Credits*

A man is walking down the dark halls of a laboratory, with a concerned look on his face. He opens a large metal door, revealing the backside of a gray-haired elderly man in a lab coat.

"Dr. Saotome?"

Cut to black.

"Mazinger Z will Return"

I see CG has finally won. :D

CG won after I watched Majin Bone.

Get with the times. :p

EDIT: Beaten.

He was already won over by Majin Bone and Danball Senki. I don't think he really cares about CG as long as the robots are hot-blooded enough.

And as long as the main robot doesn't look like it was made to be the kind of fodder that gets shot down by a Gundam at the beginning of the series.

Cornbread78

Elite Classroom ep.8
Uggh. The author most have gotten a woody off his own writing when he wrote this edgy masterpiece of steamy shit.

We now have them all dropped off on a
remote island so all the classes can go battle royal and form a new student society.
This means we get to see more of class C's baddass use his giant, African American, body guard to beat up all the girls and boys to try and take leadership of everyone.... uugghh

Aki-at

Kakegurui - 2

So Yumeko has super memory powers too beyond a normal human, I figured this series would be more about the over the top direction rather than pure game tactics. I love her voice actress too, going from softly spoken to a sinister and sadistic tone so suddenly is perfect heh.

Is Elite Classroom bad enough to be worth watching? I managed to finish that shitstain eromanga show after all

I bite my fucking thumb at thee
It's like if Pizza Man from True Detective gave up on making a third season and went to do anime only for the Anime studios to not trust him with anything important so they give him a bargain Bin light novel. Pizza man eats a pizza and goes "kaaay" and proceeds to pretentious bullshit every single aspect he can out of this trash, transforming it from forgettable trash, to Arby's.

ibyea

Banned
It's like if Pizza Man from True Detective gave up on making a third season and went to do anime only for the Anime studios to not trust him with anything important so they give him a bargain Bin light novel. Pizza man eats a pizza and goes "kaaay" and proceeds to pretentious bullshit every single aspect he can out of this trash, transforming it from forgettable trash, to Arby's.

This is one of the most hilarious comparisons I have seen, even considering I haven't even seen True Detective or eaten at Arby's.

duckroll

Unfortunately for us he hasn't given up.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/true-detective-mahershala-ali-cast-season-3-hbo-1202136729/
http://deadline.com/2017/08/hbo-per...rs-rolin-jones-and-ron-fitzgerald-1202156373/

In fact there should be an official announcement any day now since he has left Perry Mason.

Jarmel

Banned
So I've been rewatching a lot of old shows I liked as a kid and seeing how much I hate them now. Next up on the chopping block, Macross Plus. I decided to watch the movie version as I think I only saw the OVAs.

Macross Plus-

tHnKNkV.gif

oh my god this is outstanding what the hell

duckroll

Macross Plus is an OVA that was edited into a movie, but it was originally an OVA that was written as a movie and then formatted into an OVA during production. So, it's a weird thing. Lol.

I miss Keiko Nobumoto, but Macross Plus is not a screenplay I think she can be very proud of. Lol. Then again, maybe she was intentionally going for the "in Top Gun everyone is actually an asshole" scenario. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Macross Plus is an OVA that was edited into a movie, but it was originally an OVA that was written as a movie and then formatted into an OVA during production. So, it's a weird thing. Lol.

I miss Keiko Nobumoto, but Macross Plus is not a screenplay I think she can be very proud of. Lol. Then again, maybe she was intentionally going for the "in Top Gun everyone is actually an asshole" scenario. :p

Well of course. The whole thing is straight Top Gun, right down to the instructor/base chief. Honestly I feel she did a fairly great job with the script other than the crazy scientist guy. It's kind of nice having the lead be female in a show like this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the characters being a bunch of assholes and really they're not that bad. A lot of the incidents are accidents.

Jarmel

Banned
:rollingeyesemoji:

Srsly?

Yep, a lot of the stuff between Isamu and Guld are accidents. In regards to personalities, Isamu's a prick early on but he fits that sort of freedom loving showboat stereotype. He's very much in line with Cruise's character in Top Gun.

Edit: Maybe it's more of a thing in the OVAs.

duckroll

Yep, a lot of the stuff between Isamu and Guld are accidents. In regards to personalities, Isamu's a prick early on but he fits that sort of freedom loving showboat stereotype. He's very much in line with Cruise's character in Top Gun.

Edit: Maybe it's more of a thing in the OVAs.

Rape amnesia confused love triangle is not an "accident" lol. The whole thing is garbage. It's so convoluted!

Jarmel

Banned
Rape amnesia confused love triangle is not an "accident" lol. The whole thing is garbage. It's so convoluted!

Yea he's about to and stops himself. He then represses the memories, presumably with the aid of the drugs he's taking to repress his emotions. He also apparently subconsciously felt guilty about it enough to the point of blaming Isamu as a way of redirecting his own self hatred.

It's not that convoluted.

Conan-san

Elite Classroom ep.8

Uggh. The author most have gotten a woody off his own writing when he wrote this edgy masterpiece of steamy shit.

We now have them all dropped off on a
remote island so all the classes can go battle royal and form a new student society.
This means we get to see more of class C's baddass use his giant, African American, body guard to beat up all the girls and boys to try and take leadership of everyone.... uugghh

More like Classroom ow The Edge

JulianImp

I think this has been the slowest season by far since I've joined these threads... Oh well, guess I'll just go back to lurking until there're shows I actually want to post about.

I think this has been the slowest season by far since I've joined these threads... Oh well, guess I'll just go back to lurking until there're shows I actually want to post about.

Over half way through and yeah, it's hard not to feel like the Summer was the weakest anime season yet this year. Not counting anything from Spring, I've got a very small handful of shows I truly look forward to every week: Princess Principal, Aho-Girl, Gamers! and Made in Abyss.

I'm following two other Summer shows, Welcome to the Ball Room and Fastest Finger First, but neither are anime I actively think "oh good, I get a new episode today."

blurr

Re:Creators 03

I'm not sure why Sota was around this episode, he barely had anything of note to say but we do learn some hints about his presence in the show itself by the end of it. That's interesting.... I have theories popping up in my head after that last scene.

Meteora seems to keep the world building in pace and I guess that's in line with her """"character"""" but it feels awfully convenient. The entire episode establishes that content in itself is meaningless unless it's been put forth and lands some degree of impression on the audience which is very interesting when you correlate with what they hint about Sota.

DIjcWfqVwAE_DM8.jpg

there was so much mention of fate and destiny in this scene that it became a bit overbearing no matter how relevant

I cannot wait to meet the shark teeth girl everyone's raving about though.

It's one of the things that don't really make sense in this anime. So it's an elite academy, but there are clearly problem kids/delinquents that are all shunted off into one class. How did they get in in the first place?

No one knows. The author clearly didn't think that far.

It would make sense if say.... they were all geniuses who would ace tests in a normal academy but this academy somehow has genius level material on their exams. Like there were "bad" students in Ender's Game despite all the children explicitly being geniuses. Some were just on the lower end scale of genius.

But that hasn't been shown, stated, or even implied thus far. And they fucking had a cheat sheet.

Clov

The only thing I really like in Macross Plus is that concert scene.

Well, alright, there's plenty of other moments of fantastic animation in it, but I have to agree with Duckroll, the characters are assholes. They honestly just annoyed me.

javac

Not anime but Manga UK have acquired Big Fish & Begonia, anyone here seen it? They're showing it at the BFI on Sunday 8th of October.

Puzzles & Dragons X Episode 60
DIkAhUmXUAM6_Y_.jpg:small

Awesome Lance can do the walk on water jutsu now, but said he prevented the girl from coming on the journey with him.

I wanted to get more of Ace's match this episode.

Lain

Classroom of the Elite 7-8

2 episodes basically void of any true plot advancement back to back (fanservice episode and set up episode) feel really off-putting.

Cornbread78

Classroom of the Elite 7-8

2 episodes basically void of any true plot advancement back to back (fanservice episode and set up episode) feel really off-putting.

Let's face it, the show sucks, but just how low and edgy do you think it can get....

Anyhow, there was some "plot progression" this week, its just things will happen, but still no actual "plot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom