• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

HeroAca 34

Good looking episode.

I think the midterm placements say a lot about how this cast works. Youd naturally expect Iida and Yayozura to be at the top but you also have Bakugo up there which is a bit of a surprise. Midoriya and Tadokori are also pretty high up but like 5 or 6 instead of the absolute best.

here's a full list i found

OdGJbWW.png

Ballroom 9

SmugMako.jpg

A decent episode. The finals already, flower/frame philosophy, Mako shining through, Tatara manning up but at the same time his lead is in question, a bit more of Mako/Gaku relationship. The Cup should en in the next episode.

Fireblend

Banned
I started watching Made in Abyss a while ago, and damn is this fun. It reminds me a whole lot of the ridiculously creative worldbuilding of the Xenoblade RPGs, specially the first one. This is sort of hyping me for XBC2 :p

I'm up to episode 5, but I'm sure I'll catch up in no time. Glad I picked it up after seeing it recommended here.

I wish they toned down the amount of unnecessary implied/semi-hidden nudity though. The show is interesting and funny enough without that.

Kakegurui 09

Mediocre episode at best. Really not a whole lot exciting about this match, and the way they went about it was really weird. The first set hardly even seemed finished. Singing without singing with a bunch of stills then about 5 seconds of Yumeko before she wins for...some reason.

Show probably peaked with episode 7.

Chase17

Re: Creators 20
I wonder what it would take for fans to get into get invested in a cross over like this lol.

Made in Abyss 09
Guess Reg will be in charge of the ax thing from now on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gamers is legitimately funny. The misunderstandings are all wild but perfectly plausible at the same time and the layers upon layers just work.

I also heartily endorse the dub. It's extremely well acted.

Kakegurui 09

Mediocre episode at best. Really not a whole lot exciting about this match, and the way they went about it was really weird. The first set hardly even seemed finished. Singing without singing with a bunch of stills then about 5 seconds of Yumeko before she wins for...some reason.

Show probably peaked with episode 7.

I always thought this arc was kinda weak compared to what came before it, but the next couple of episodes should be one of the highlights of the series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I missed the boat on this reference, anyone care to explain? XD

It's obviously a reference to all the lemons found in the OP of Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Or it just happens to be a depiction of disgust and one of current favourite reaction images.

Narag

Altair: A Record of Battles 5
Ending of this episode was great. The main character in the first three episodes was this beneficiary of certain privilege that let him assume a high rank within his country at an incredibly young age. He's amazingly fallible though and consistently lucked through encounters. This is recognized by his countrymen and he's stripped of his rank due to his reaction to a rebellion, forcing him to start from the ground up. Last couple eps have been cool because he's recognizing this shortcoming that even he can't deny and is now developing a sense of experience based on the earlier episodes that's letting him see the world a little more clearly now.

Taruranto

^Yeah that part of Altair is pretty good, I was surprised too. The author really does a good job at at subverting Mahmut's character.

(manga spoilers)
Too bad he kinda pretty much goes back at being an ace soon.

Aki-at

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 20

Man the opening action, I absolutely loved Favero using Kaiser to jump over the dragon whilst Kaiser slid under, this segment was amazing. The action was great, there was excitement and there were feelings, Virgin Soul has done a good job of turning it around from episode 10 that all the ground work prior to that is actually paying off.

But... Why would you have such a crucial scene after the credits. Why would you do that?! People who tuned out early are going to have the biggest what the hell next week.

what's your favorite scifi film

I'm assuming they've referenced plenty of sci fi films lol. I think in terms of visually and the ending speech I'd go with Bladerunner (though it's very dry but I really love the tears in rain speech). But over-all I have a really soft spot for Moon, or Primer so I'd go for either of those.

Aki-at

RE:Creators - 20

Altair's new uniform is miles better than her old one. I don't think you should turn your back on the character after their absorbed the main villain either, I'd have stabbed her right there and then. I'm on the reverse side of the audience and just want to see Altair get beaten already and pulling out powers from her backside, well, she's no Kira.

Sato's plan seems a bit farfetched to work but I guess Magane's power is what helped push it through. Not sure why Altair wouldn't outright reject the fake creator though.

Gamers Ep 8

This is becoming one of my favorites of the season. That ending, poor chiaki and the narration was perfect. Fell in love a little too late.

Joe Molotov

It's not going to make it unless firehawk funds it himself. Tier has been there for a while now too but you probably just got the same email I did which is a little late.

This is making me feel very mono no aware. :( Hopefully they'll be able to do it at some point even the stretch goal doesn't make.

Andrew J.

Re:Creators 20

The villains no-selling the heroes' attacks based on convoluted metaphysical bullshit? This really is trying to be a Fate series!

Izayoi

Banned
This is making me feel very mono no aware. :( Hopefully they'll be able to do it at some point even the stretch goal doesn't make.
They have got so much money that if they don't make the third season available separately I will be showing up in person to have a reasonable and well-mannered, but stern, conversation with them.

I'm fairly certain they will hit that goal, though. There are 8 days left still. The real question is how much that bitch will cost. I'm guessing at least $250 for everything on BD.

tuffy

They have got so much money that if they don't make the third season available separately I will be showing up in person to have a reasonable and well-mannered, but stern, conversation with them.

I'm fairly certain they will hit that goal, though. There are 8 days left still. The real question is how much that bitch will cost. I'm guessing at least $250 for everything on BD.
8 days to make $40,000 means $5,000/day, and it hasn't had a day less than $5k in a long time. Factor in the usual big spike at the end (like Escaflowne and Bubblegum Crisis got) and I don't see any reason it won't clear season 3.

But even in the worst case, they'll just do another Kickstarter to get it released like they'd planned from the start.

Princess Principal 7

That was incredibly stupid, and yet didn't have the courtesy to be so stupid as to be entertainingly nonsensical. What a waste of an episode.

I can't believe they used the same debt collectors two episodes in a row.

First episode is amazingly awful too.

Really? I thought it was all right. Serviceable at best, maybe.

As hour-long big introductory first episodes go, it's better than Fate/Zero's first episode.

Yeah it has stupid shit like that fart joke but aside from that I'm finding it enjoyable enough.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 71

Okay, I'm used to episode titles lying about the content, but not the lie being revealed in the first two minutes. Koharu isn't leaving. That's good. Why did everyone else forget they have cell phones? Mahiru even pulled hers out at one point. Makes me glad Ako didn't share in their stupidity. Low-key confirmation that Mahiru > Laura and Yume. Good to see that trend continuing. And we now have a homeless sheep. You'd think Elza would keep a closer eye on her only other student worth anything. Koharu gets her Kasumi harem back. And I just feel sorry for poor Asahi. Mahiru wants her waifu all to herself. Still disappointed that Koharu didn't perform yet, but it'll happen someday. And when it does, it won't be a big shock like Shion was.

Narag

Really? I thought it was all right. Serviceable at best, maybe.

As hour-long big introductory first episodes go, it's better than Fate/Zero's first episode.

Yeah it has stupid shit like that fart joke but aside from that I'm finding it enjoyable enough.

You'll see once they get off Arus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom