• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hulu shows all of Funi's dubs. They never get any exclusive rights.

EDIT: Also, recently DeMarco responded to a question about MHA with "don't expect stuff that shows up on Netflix to come for a while."

Obviously this is weird because MHA isn't on American Netflix (it is on Japanese Netflix but that's a completely different can of worms), which raises the question of whether or not he thought he was talking about LWA instead.

Either way Hulu isn't a factor.

Most of Hulu's Funimation content are subs though. MHA is one of the few dubs they got. That and Netflix doesn't actually have MHA so I'm thinking DeMarco confused the two.

Twin Peaks The Return

Lynch gonna Lynch.
Perhaps the most surprising is how some people expected to all tie together perfectly, and everything to be solved in a neat manner, and have a good ending. With pie and coffee.

Cornbread78

Accel World ep.13-14
IQXPyQR.jpg
I forgot I never watched the second cour, so here I go... Immediately, this asshole shows up to bring the show down with rapey shit.....

Twin Peaks The Return

Lynch gonna Lynch.
Perhaps the most surprising is how some people expected to all tie together perfectly, and everything to be solved in a neat manner, and have a good ending. With pie and coffee.

Talking about the show where dead, unavailable or undesirable returning cast members were turned into an evil tree and a nightmarish giant tea kettle

Scandal in the Vatican 9

Meh, just good old Jesus on LSD so far. I wonder how this is going to connect to the Africa arc.

I wanna say, I really appreciate you taking the time to post about this show.

I feel like the magic would be lost if I watched it, but the concentrated moments...

...whew.

DiGiKerot

I wanna say, I really appreciate you taking the time to post about this show.

I feel like the magic would be lost if I watched it, but the concentrated moments...

...whew.

I dunno, man, knowing about everything in that first arc of Vatican Miracle Examiners really didn't actually prepare me for the experience of watching Vatican Miracle Examiners. A lot of what actually sells it is how earnestly everything in the show is presented.

Qurupeke

Kuromukuro 5-10

I didn't expect the enemy to be
space Japanese
. The show continues to be a really interesting take to the mecha genre.

Thud

I don't care about the Black Clover manga, but the anime trailer has pretty good production values.

Black Clover is like what if Fairy Tail was actually good. It also has some of that dungeons aspect Magi forgot about.

Good fun, nothing groundbreaking. Main character is another blond hedgehog carrying a big sword though.

Problem with adaptions like these arrive when it catches up to the material.

DNAbro

Black Clover is like what if Fairy Tail was actually good. It also has some of that dungeons aspect Magi forgot about.

Good fun, nothing groundbreaking. Main character is another blond hedgehog carrying a big sword though.

I'm half expecting it being like My Hero Academia and it just being a seasonal anime, kind of helps prevent the catching up problem. Excited to see it even though I've only really heard middling things about the series.

I'm half expecting it being like My Hero Academia and it just being a seasonal anime, kind of helps prevent the catching up problem. Excited to see it even though I've only really heard middling things about the series.

Black Clover is airing in a weekday prime time slot on TV Tokyo, so it'll likely be a year long.

That actually sounds pretty fun. I was digging Magi up until the plot got bogged down with the politics of the world.

zulux21

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga creator Shūichi Asō revealed on Twitter last week that although he is the creator of a franchise that now includes anime, an upcoming live-action film, games, novels, and various merchandise, he has not profited from the story spreading into other media.

In now deleted Tweets posted on Friday, Asō said that he is often asked if he earns a lot of profit from his manga becoming an anime. He said that the anime did help to sell more copies of his manga, but he has not received "even one yen" in royalties from sales of home videos, video games, and other goods. However, he added in a separate deleted Tweet that he is thankful that his work was even made into an anime.

read more here

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a vast middle ground where you can make an okay living doing creative stuff 9 to 5. Or 9 to 8 next morning.

zulux21

The life of a Manga creator is extremely rough. The manga creator for Gintama said the same thing.

The only reason I can see being a Manga creator is if you have love for it because otherwise it seems bad financially.

yup. I mean he does get manga sales, but if you are expecting a lot of money from your product getting more projects just :(

I still think it would be cool to watch something i made be turned into a show though.

Chase17

Princess Principle 09
Pretty solid episode. The Chise narration made it pretty enjoyable. Princess is good about turning insults around on people.
Best way Princess laid low this week: Acting as the 2nd in a duel
Singing Check: Kind of got a couple lines of singing for the sumo celebration thing.

MartyStu

Knight's & Magic

This anime is bad in all the obvious ways. But also in some less the obvious ones.

Like, why is it an isekai story? And if it MUST be an isekai story, why front load it so much when it would better to reveal the nature of the protagonist later on?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like there's a cultural element at play there that's not getting its due credit. The author seems very "meek" as far as these things go, but someone in a similar position in America would be throwing an almighty row for fair compensation and they'd be bolstered by the creative industry for doing so. It seems like the money is there, but he needs to ask for it either personally or via lawyer rather than waiting for it to be offered to him.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia aired on weekend slots on other channels: first the now defunct Nichigo timeslot on MBS, and currently the pre-Conan timeslot on NTV. Those timeslots have typically had 2-cour shows.

I more mean why was the decision made. Like why didn't they try to do a daytime year round run with MHA?

Osomatsu-san 16

Someone decided the show didn't pander to fujoshi obviously enough, and they made this episode. I was amused at how the idol Matsu defeated the post-apocalyptic biker gang by being stereotypical bishounen lovers.

Chase17

Gintama 38-39
Gin and Kaguya build the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon.
Katsura adopts the way of ramen
Elizabeth fails to get adopted.

Good episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
Kare Kano-26
1309978946406.gif

5 Minutes Left-

Surely they're going to show the play right?

4 Minutes Left-

When does the play start? They're not going to have enough time to show it.

3 Minutes Left-

I guess they'll skip over it and show the aftermath. Well that's better than nothing.

2 Minutes Left-

I suppose they'll play it over the credits, makes sense. Maybe there's some OVA after or something.

1 Minute 30 Seconds Left-

Wait...

oh no

30 Seconds Left-

oh no I can live without the play but don't do me like this

im sorry im sorry im sorry

15 Seconds Left-

nonononononononononononono

0 Seconds Left-
fuck you Anno

fuck you

fuck you

Mokoi

Banned
Movies. The answer all lies in movies. That's why they got the girls to watch
anti-tank warfare movies *cough the hulk* in AXZ episode 1 and Hibiki did that Tank smash thing of hers

Symphogear XD Unlimited (mobage spoilers)

The thing about Genjuuro in the game is that
the alt-version of him for Kanade's event was more of a fan of those tearjerker romance movies and hardly watches any action movies, which is why he is such a softie and not good at combat
I feel this is the most absurd thing sympho has to offer, but I'll accept it.

Kyuur

Fullmetal Alchemist?
Eureka Seven?
Soul Eater?

As mentioned, these were limited run. Pierrot and Toei on the other hand have doled out several multi-year series that use anime original content inbetween adapting the source material. Likely what fate awaits Black Clover (assuming success).

Mokoi

Banned
It's still not as out there as the sword breaking philosophical weapon.
Haha yeah I forgot about that. Just got change what your concept of a sword is to be wings!

Every since I re subbed to crunchy I just been watching hunter x hunter. Show is great, and Ging is quite shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom