• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

The issue is by shoving Killua's fears and upbringing onto a solitary object that can be quickly removed is a disgustingly clean way of resolving the issue while also avoiding putting blame on Killua as an individual. This is why I hate mind control as a plot point.

If it's any consolation, his role in the last arc of the anime is sorting out this family situation and this is more or less part of the foreshadowing that'll become more apparent.

Symphogear AXZ 09

I can't imagine Saint Germain will be in a rush to join the team now after they just killed her two best friends. Heck Prelati wasn't even really fighting them she was just speeding down the street then they showed up.

I recall my earlier belief that she will join them and instead will suicide bomb Adam and the puppet girl by the end of this and will be the true hero.

Squishy3

Symphogear AXZ 09

I can't imagine Saint Germain will be in a rush to join the team now after they just killed her two best friends. Heck Prelati wasn't even really fighting them she was just speeding down the street then they showed up.

I recall my earlier belief that she will join them and instead will suicide bomb Adam and the puppet girl by the end of this and will be the true hero.
I wonder if they're even going to defeat Adam by the end, they announced seasons 4 and 5 at the same time and the only thing Adam's done other than have naked monologues is create a nuke while naked.

Smartphone Gary Stu fuck 9

The show has now reached self-parody levels when they reach a new area.

"oh we've reached a new area"

"TOUYA THERE IS A HUGE WAR AGAINST AN ARMY OF THE DEAD THAT WE CANNOT DEFEAT WITH ALL OF OUR B-"

*wiggles eyebrows*

"Oh you've defeated them. Wow that was easy"

"FOOLS 'TIS I, THE ENEMY LORD. WITH MY POWER I'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING, AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO THIS G-"

*steals*

"OH NO I'M DEFEATED"

fucking A lmao.

Chase17

Gintama 40-42
Nice arc to give us some more insight on Kagura. The scenes with her and her "pappy" were pretty funny. Guess her brother will show up down the line?

Yakuza vs Alien sounds like a must watch. The Shinsengumi's method of negotiating is hilarious.

Kenstar

Aho Girl 10

I'm impressed at how they continuously reach newfound levels of dumb. Also how far they're going with some of these jokes. Best episode since a long time even if that last skit was taking it too far.

ckgbqx.gif

zrbqbnkl4gdy.gif

Grexeno

Made in Abyss 09

You know it's anime original when the first scene of the episode is a character saying "I wonder where the main characters are now"

Yakuza Kiwami END

For some reason, I thought 17 years would have a major impact on people's ages that I feel dumbfounded for even thinking that.

Nishiki was a total bitch throughout the game, which doesn't help when everyone tells him how much of a bitch he is in comparison to Kiryu. Everyone loved them some Kiryu, even after he "killed" Dojima.

I think one of my criticisms though is that they didn't do enough to expand the music area. Like there's some more tracks here and there, but it's for the new stuff. There's a serious repeat of a lot of music that drags down my appreciation for it. It's not bad music, but it just helped me love Zero even more.

That being said, while there's less content, it does make it easier to be palatable for someone to play. Filling out your moves is much easier since you get more exp than you ever need.

I want fucking comics and non-H doujins on the wacky adventures of Majima and Kiryu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Aria kickstarter hit 360k, with a planned "get everything" tier to be added tomorrow.

I'm glad they didn't screw around and did all they could to juice the numbers.

Yakuza Kiwami END

For some reason, I thought 17 years would have a major impact on people's ages that I feel dumbfounded for even thinking that.

Nishiki was a total bitch throughout the game, which doesn't help when everyone tells him how much of a bitch he is in comparison to Kiryu. Everyone loved them some Kiryu, even after he "killed" Dojima.

I think one of my criticisms though is that they didn't do enough to expand the music area. Like there's some more tracks here and there, but it's for the new stuff. There's a serious repeat of a lot of music that drags down my appreciation for it. It's not bad music, but it just helped me love Zero even more.

That being said, while there's less content, it does make it easier to be palatable for someone to play. Filling out your moves is much easier since you get more exp than you ever need.

I want fucking comics and non-H doujins on the wacky adventures of Majima and Kiryu.

I still hate how they locked the dragon style behind Majima encounters. And not even a "get majima to S rank and unlock most of everything" no. It's fucking do very specific things.

I don't even see the appeal of dragon style since using fully upgraded brawl and rush I was a god damn beast. I think the saving grace of these games is the wacky submissions which weren't as wacky as zero's, but still fun. And of course Kiryu's deadpan responses to everything sure do help.

Tower of Druaga 01

That was pretty bad. I was planning to drop it after this episode, but since it ended up being a pointless "it was all a dream" episode, hopefully it's not indicative of the rest of the show.

Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer - Rewatch

Hmmm...we could tell an interesting story about humanity making first contact with an alien race and detail the conflicts that come with that and tie it to natural human behavior.

...OR we could just make the aliens gray metal triangles and squares that don't talk and have all the conflict in the movie boil down to them being "misunderstood".

See, these gray metal triangles and squares don't REALLY wanna hurt people when they attach themselves to them and start turning them into metal like something out of a horror movie. That's just how they communicate guys!

But don't worry! Our ever so well-written character Setsuna F. Seiei is ready to communicate with them with his quantum brainwaves! Because no matter who or what it is, if you communicate with quantum brainwaves then you instantly understand each other and any sense of conflict goes away! And it works! This touches the aliens so much they turn into a giant space flower as a symbol of peace.

They also hope you'll forgive them for all that killing business, that'd be grand.

The movie ends with a quote from Albert Einstein, saying peace can't be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding. Well, all the understanding in this movie is done by super people shooting magic space particles out of their robots that sends you to a mind dimension.

How insightful! ISN'T GUNDAM GREAT?!?

I don't know if Aho Girl is getting a dub but if it does and they don't reunite the casts of Excel Saga & Azumanga Daioh then they've fucked up.

Narag

Symphogear AXZ 9

I think I'm with everyone else in that thinking this will be resolved in S5. Pacing in GX was super brisk as if they were fitting a two cour show into one while this isn't quite as hectic. Figure we'll end with something like the GX episode 6 fight with Carol but with some godawful stinger that'll infuriate us.

rip elfnein sacrificed by adam to open the divine gate and/or a heroic sacrifice by genjuuro

I still hate how they locked the dragon style behind Majima encounters. And not even a "get majima to S rank and unlock most of everything" no. It's fucking do very specific things.

I don't even see the appeal of dragon style since using fully upgraded brawl and rush I was a god damn beast. I think the saving grace of these games is the wacky submissions which weren't as wacky as zero's, but still fun. And of course Kiryu's deadpan responses to everything sure do help.

The worst part is that the Dragon Kiwami attack is locked behind SS. You're more likely to beat it than unlock it.

On the other hand, it does get access to Tiger Drop, which does fucking insane damage, outpowering many of your Heat attacks.

That being said, Beast and Rush are definitely hot topics in this game. I wasn't keen on Rush in Zero (where I was with Beast) but Kiwami was a reversal on Rush/Beast

Narag

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 11

Torn because I like the dumbass humor and wanted some of that tonight yet also like domestic stuff like this which I wasn't in a mood for tonight.

jonjonaug

Aho Girl 10: Knowing how the "gal wants to find a boyfriend" subplot turns out in the manga just makes this episode even funnier.

Fully upgraded Dragon style is straight up broken, but because of that it's only really useful at the very end of the game, or NG+ Legend mode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Game Season 2, Episode 9:

You know, I keep almost forgetting this show is a show from week to week and I think that has to do with the fact that New Game just can't help be light and airy even when it tries being serious and it just washes over like so much whipped cream blandness.

blurr

It completely denigrates his character progression for this arc. He actually had a strong character flaw that they were going to address and instead 'lol nope it's a fucking pin'. It undercuts all the character scenes with Killua this arc and even retroactively makes this fight stupid. He's supposed to be afraid of enemies that might present a strong challenge but once he gets the pin out, he can easily decapitate the squadron leader in one strike. So the rabbit guy wouldn't qualify under that 50% outcome.

This is insultingly bad.

I agree that killing the rabbit guy in one shot undercuts the whole escalation over his flaw but I see that moment as more of a point of revelation and consequential action that highlights he is no longer his old self.

As a character flaw it isn't entirely "insultingly bad" in the sense that his experience over what caused his fear is never made clear beyond an echo of Illumi's words. Even when he was straight up tortured by his other brother post exam arc, he was indifferent to it so what else could Illumi have threatened him with? If it's out of familial respect, keep in mind Killua openly admits of stabbing his mother in the face at one point(something his mother is actually proud of). By the time the pin was revealed, we had learned about Illumi's ability and it adds up in that sense. Not to say one can't expect more out of it but I'm just pointing out that it's not built out of baseless assumptions.

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu TV anime announce for 2018 (Gonzo)
http://otakomu.jp/archives/599540.html

The human race extended it's life field and greed to the vast reaches of space... In Space Era 0156, a war breaks out amidst all of the colonies in space. Earth begins to construct a new space battleship called Tiramisu in secret. Just as the war begins, one genius pilot steers the Tiramisu as a beacon of hope for humanity.

Btw, it's comedy sci-fi series.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 23:

Oh thank god this arc is over because fucking hell I don't think I could stand the hypocrisy of the bullshit about family values and strong bonds when Sasuke is literally the worst shonen dad I can think of.
Mother fuck Sasuke almost killing his daughter because he couldn't remember his face is just such an irredeemable action that no amount of empty words could save the credibility of this relationship. Also not buying that hasty cop out stating that Sadara is totally the legit love child of the worst couple in the universe. Speaking of show, don't tell, thi series try to tell me that Sakura and Sasuke truly have this love bond by having Sasuke kind of mumble confirm with about as much emotion as a brick wall. Getting across that two people are in love is not a hard thing but perhaps such a thing is beyond Kishimoto.

phaze

Yes, Shard suffer as I did. Naruto Gaiden might be the dumbest and worst thing in Naruto verse and that's not an easily accomplished achievement.

Did they adapt the bits questioning Sakura's parenthood? I remember community going crazy over it. Good times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yes, Shard suffer as I did. Naruto Gaiden might be the dumbest and worst thing in Naruto verse and that's not an easily accomplished achievement.

Did they adapt the bits questioning Sakura's parenthood? I remember community going crazy over it. Good times.

Ye, yes they did. Holy fuck this is stupid on so many levels and I am not sure what the point of it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom