• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
why you heff to be mad. its a tokusatsu/magical girl show that just plays into all the tropes of those genres which are mostly corny bullshit.

at least the next seasons have way better production values and songs.

Sounds like I need to watch. :p

Time to watch Symphogear.

Good to know my opinions are an indicator for people to do the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Because that sure makes me feel a whole lot better.

why you heff to be mad. its a tokusatsu/magical girl show that just plays into all the tropes of those genres which are mostly corny bullshit.

at least the next seasons have way better production values and songs.

SJwhzvl.jpg

It's just way more offensive here because here the dish looks kinda cool, but appearances can be deceiving.

I think the thing that gets me so mad about Symphogear is that everyone treats it like it's this big awesome thing to always look forward to that makes it get five seasons. All the while I found next to nothing of substance in it.

Joe Molotov

I think the thing that gets me so mad about Symphogear is that everyone treats it like it's this big awesome thing to always look forward to that makes it get five seasons. All the while I found next to nothing of substance in it.

Well, you did only watch the first season that everyone told you wasn't as good.

Jarmel

Banned
I was trying to find my old impressions for Symphogear and I was having a ton of difficulty.

I then found it under Beef Stroganoff.

lol

Besides, I thought people loved enraged, hate-filled scream posts about bad anime.
Wait, hang on: that doesn't make any sense. I thought all anime was bad.

In all seriousness, as much fun as it can be to write something where you tear a show apart, a community relying on passion like that to fuel discussion won't be able to grow much. Like just this year, I watched SAO just to say I'd seen it and be able to compare things to it in a substantive way. I considered posting about it here because the first season got my blood boling in a multitude of ways, but in the end I decided not to because I'd be saying nothing that hasn't already been said for years, and i felt that venom wouldn't actually serve any purpose to the community, only to satiate myself. Not to say negative impressions shouldn't be shared, but I feel they should be used to spark discussion, not end it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So our kids are stuck on a deserted island tasked with surviving for a week. They can use special points to buy amneties, leftover points carry over to their class total points. Some of the girls want a toilet because, well, they're girls! And the guys are like "no way we need those points".

L U L

Clov

There's a lot more Fate/Apocrypha merch coming out in October. I ended up preordering some of it online, since I wanted to make sure I got them.

One of the things I ordered actually has a practical use too! Ever since I came to Japan, I've struggled with what to do with the ridiculous amount of coins I keep getting. They barely fit in the tiny coin pouch in my wallet. A lot of the time I've ended up tossing 10 yen coins into vending machines and buying a coffee with them. Now I'll have a dedicated coin pouch just for all my change!

Ever since I came to Japan, I've struggled with what to do with the ridiculous amount of coins I keep getting. They barely fit in the tiny coin pouch in my wallet. A lot of the time I've ended up tossing 10 yen coins into vending machines and buying a coffee with them. Now I'll have a dedicated coin pouch just for all my change!

Gotta have 9 yen ready at all times so you can
give exact small change ;p

And use all the 10 yen coins at the 100 yen store!

Clov

Gotta have 9 yen ready at all times so you can
give exact small change ;p

And use all the 10 yen coins at the 100 yen store!

My wife loves the 100 yen stores so much. She actually has bought some pretty useful things there. They're not like the dollar stores back in Canada, which were mostly just useless trinkets. So that's not a bad idea...

A trio of impressions today:

Rakugo Season 2 Episode 4:

I loved this episode - time skip was dope. Konatsu finally got a chance to flex her rakugo arm, and I loved seeing her child grow up and be as charming as Sukeroku while retaining proper manners (reminiscent of Kiku-san perhaps?) It's hard to tell what age these characters are at this point, but each seems to mature slowly but surely with each episode. I'm still confused on the dynamic of Yota and Konatsu's relationship, but I'm assuming it's not REALLY romantic due to the whole 'sis' thing. Yakumo still remains the most compelling character, and seeing him continue on the path of destruction is a bit disturbing (The "Rakugo is dead"line threw me for a loop). I hope there will be a happy ending :(

Gamers! Episode 1:

Decided to give this a try since I like video games (obviously), and wasn't really impressed at all. I mean the last four minutes were a beautiful subversion, but the pacing absolutely DRAGGED beforehand. Does it get better for those who are watching?

Konosuba Season 1 Episode 1:

This one fared a bit better than Gamers, but still not too sold. The art feels markedly worse than Rakugo (Studio DEEN seems to vary in quality), but the animation is pretty solid. The humor is rather....hit or miss, but it's a fun version of the absolute drag that was SAO. I might keep going with this for a few more episodes to see if the humor sticks, but if not I'll need to watch a new show.

Qurupeke

Kuromukuro 19

Bad Scenario: Getting abducted.
Worse Scenario: Getting abducted by aliens.
Worst Scenario: Getting abducted by aliens, naked.

2013 was like 2 years ago. Things change and often the past wasn't like we remember it.

Two years ago? Can I live in your time too?

Top 10 posters of Fall Anime 2013 vs this current thread.

This post makes me sad but also brings back memories of a...different time...a time where I almost got an undesired tag...

I only respond to quality hate.

Lol. Damn...

Good to know my opinions are an indicator for people to do the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Because that sure makes me feel a whole lot better.

I just want to see what got your feathers all rustled.

Only if CorvoSol gets to join in.

Who? :p

Ban cornbread, unban cajun.

But... I like both of them...

Izayoi

Banned
Honestly, the thread is way easier to read and sort of keep up with now that the most egregious of the offenders are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom