• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunoku

Catching up on stuff before fall. Here's my current list:

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Restaurant to Another World
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

I already watched the bolded ones and started the one in italics. Gamers seems meh and Abyss seems rad. Should I bother with the rest? Any recommendations?

jonjonaug

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

I already watched the bolded ones and started the one in italics. Gamers seems meh and Abyss seems rad. Should I bother with the rest? Any recommendations?

Did you watch Aho Girl yet?

Qurupeke

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

From your list, catch up on Made in Abyss. Also, watch Mahoujin Guru Guru. It's like a parody of Dragon Quest with plenty of humor.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

Princess Principal

zulux21

Smartphone in another world or whatever it's called. dub 1-8

By the power of smartphone I shall summon as many girls as there are episodes and then some.

but hey at least they let a single other male character have a girlfriend... for now lol.

the show is stupid, but at least decent background fluff given that it's pretty tame with its ecchiness.

Firemind

Flying Witch 1-3

GoodnaturedTerrificBlackfootedferret-max-1mb.gif

i miss azumanga daioh

Cornbread78

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

Tsurezure Children
Aho Girl
Love & Lies

phaze

Hey man, how am I supposed to know what First Unit means? ;( Other titles got normal naming and on top of other stuff.

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger
- Gamers

Classroom isn't a good show. Skip it.

-----
Guru Guru is a gift that keeps on giving. This time - the many faces of Duckroll himself.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 12:

So does that count as love confession or are we going to have yet more transparent dancing around the subject? At any rate, it is sure good that season 5 is confirmed to be a thing that is being created with an ending like that.

Tunoku

Thanks everyone!

Either you are collectively trolling me or Aho Girl is actually good. Don't know a single thing about it, so I'll go in blind and report back.

- Ballroom Dancing Anime
- Froppy Anime

- Made in Abyss
- Gambling Anime
- Classroom of the Elite
- Fastest Finger [7O3X]
- Gamers

7O3X is great, my favorite of those anime on your list.

DNAbro

Thanks everyone!

Either you are collectively trolling me or Aho Girl is actually good. Don't know a single thing about it, so I'll go in blind and report back.

It's a really dumb/fun comedy.

Also Gamers! a legit fun romantic comedy. Honestly my fav from this season bar froppy anime.

Catching up on Magical Circle Guru Guru.

They added sound effects to the opening, around episode 9 I think, like how Knight’s & Magic did.

That's weird.

Some Nobody

So does that count as love confession or are we going to have yet more transparent dancing around the subject? At any rate, it is sure good that season 5 is confirmed to be a thing that is being created with an ending like that.

Fuck. I'm still at the halfway point with this. I'm so ashamed. I'm letting down best girl Biki.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Uh... did you guys hear that Oregairu (SNAFU) is getting its final two volumes released simultaneously? Release date is TBA. The light is almost at the end of the tunnel? Not sure if the news is true or if I'm getting trolled.

Jarmel

Banned
Uh... did you guys hear that Oregairu (SNAFU) is getting its final two volumes released simultaneously? Release date is TBA. The light is almost at the end of the tunnel? Not sure if the news is true or if I'm getting trolled.

lol wut

I've never heard of that before. A dual release?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably one large volume that was cut in two like AFFC and ADWD.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Part 2 coming in 2022?

Well no see when Japanese authors say they'll release two volumes simultaneously it's probably really simultaneous and not "I have the next book almost finished I'll get it to you next year" *7 years pass* "thanks for waiting".

Although Oda is the most notable exception. I'm pretty sure he's on some Xeno's paradox shit. Every year he's only halfway towards the end of the series.

-Minsc-

Rahxephon - END -
giphy.gif

A show I've seen mentioned many many times over the years for certain unknown to me reasons. I get the impression its a "one of those" anime (what ever the heck that means). Maybe I'll watch it, maybe.

In other news, Crunchy has made their first fall announcement.

Gintama (obviously)

Unit24

I decided to start watching Re:creators, despite being told it's not that great. I'm 15 episodes in and I'm still enjoying it, but I can totally see the flaws. Too many scenes of people talking in rooms, the action scenes are constantly being interrupted by more dialogue, and some events feel a bit contrived. No reason not to see this through to the end at this point though.

duckroll

I decided to start watching Re:creators, despite being told it's not that great. I'm 15 episodes in and I'm still enjoying it, but I can totally see the flaws. Too many scenes of people talking in rooms, the action scenes are constantly being interrupted by more dialogue, and some events feel a bit contrived. No reason not to see this through to the end at this point though.

On one hand, Re:Creators would be improved twofold if every single character talked 63.75% less. On the other hand, Re:Creators would be improved threefold if Maaya's character talked 4x as much.

Watching that scene again makes me wonder, are there like no therapists in Japan?

I mean, there are therapists in Japan but...

I think they really sweep it under the rug so much, it's no wonder things can blow up real bad.

Ancillary evidence supports your claim and what I have observed, but I have nothing concrete if this is true or not.

Is there any list of theatres?

I don't believe so. At least not yet. Won't be out in theaters till October.

New Game!! 12 END

I guess that explains the french girl I've seen in some art work that Ko was flirting with.

Aoba did the right thing to call her an asshole.

Erheller

Yeeeep. I'm guessing that he's written most of 13 and 14 already after agonizing over how to end the series.

Hopefully that'll be enough material for at least a movie or a few OVA's.

Andrew J.

Aren't there 13 episodes this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom