• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

New Game!! 12 END

I guess that explains the french girl I've seen in some art work that Ko was flirting with.

Aoba did the right thing to call her an asshole.

Nah, Kou ain't about that life, Rin would literally murder her.

I'm still waiting for the new chapters about Kou's time in France to get translated. The raws are impossible to get a hold of in Japanese and people have had to rely on Chinese raws instead.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New Game Season, Episode 12:

So Ko is basically going to work for Ubisoft and if that being the case hopefully she got on like the Rayman team or something. Also, can we call Ko and Rin an official couple now or are we once again tip towing around that but not too gay trope?

Jarmel

Banned
Blade Runner 2022-
4HJyCSV.jpg

So when does my Replicant sexbot arrive in the mail?
Overall this was pretty good although a little too short. Watanabe was trying to go for the same atmosphere such as with that opening background pan that he ripped straight out of the original. I just saw Final Cut on Sunday so a lot of similarities stuck out to me. Watanabe's initial pan is noticeably quicker than Scott's though, where Scott lingered on the background for a good while. The human supremacy riots are obviously reminiscent of the ones in 2nd Renaissance although Watanabe used the visual style from his A Detective Story in that segment. It's not exactly identical, as there's more of a greenish tint in his Animatrix short but it's close. The riots here aren't as good as their counterpart in the Animatrix because they're not as long nor as graphic. In 2nd Renaissance we see a robot woman stripped naked while she's struggling and has her head bashed in. This is the PG version of that.
I'm not sure the post processing on the backgrounds worked all the time for me. Sometimes it seemed fine and at other times too much. I understand they were going for a grimy effect but occasionally it reminded me of Studio Easter's urban work. That's not remotely implying the background art looked bad or even mediocre though. Some of the shots were absolutely stunning.
Premise is pretty simple and the characters relatively straightforward. The Ohira flashback is a tad genius as the surreal animation works on an emotional level as well. Action near the end was fantastic. Bahi JD put in some great animation with Trixie dodging gunfire in close range. I really liked how she would weave back and forth. At first when I watched this, I was wondering how some pleasure bot was wrecking everybody but then I remembered that Pris in the original was doing all those backflips too.
Roy never seemed particularly dangerous at the end despite his superhuman strength/endurance. Deckard just came across as incompetent. That's mostly a limitation of live action film making in that time period. Here though, I would be shitting my pants if I had one of those Nexus 8 models coming at me. Iggy had perfect aim and Trixie was performing Gunkata. If this is how Roy was actually supposed to be then Deckard was insane to chase him. I guess that's about it. Oh and I wasn't that impressed with the music despite it being done by Flying Lotus and crew.

turmoil

Banned
I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and it really is a masterpiece, I feel like an idiot for having it archived in my backlog for years.

Heybot! 1

Instead of watching a various shows I've been wanting to watch for a long time; I've decided to spend 50 episodes watching Heybot!. I feel like consecutive bad choices have led me to this point, pray for me and what is left of my decision making skills.

Syrinx

New Game!!

So like, I get the focus was on other things and all,,,but they really had way too few struggles making this game. New IP, new type of game and yet everything went insanely smooth.

jman2050

Where's my Game Dev Story anime

Forget Game Dev.

Give me a Game Reviewer anime. CGDCT where the girls spend all the episodes discussing who should review what game, arguing over differences in opinion, agonizing over word choice for describing how utterly terrible the game they're reviewing is, and of course the requisite dramatic arc where our plucky MC is forced to butter up her review when the company receives a snazzy kickback from a prominent game publisher and the fallout of doing so.

Jintor

Forget Game Dev.

Give me a Game Reviewer anime. CGDCT where the girls spend all the episodes discussing who should review what game, arguing over differences in opinion, agonizing over word choice for describing how utterly terrible the game they're reviewing is, and of course the requisite dramatic arc where our plucky MC is forced to butter up her review when the company receives a snazzy kickback from a prominent game publisher and the fallout of doing so.

are you crazy? it'd just be based of famitsu and they'd all give it 10/10/10/9 and go home

blurr

New Game!!

So like, I get the focus was on other things and all,,,but they really had way too few struggles making this game. New IP, new type of game and yet everything went insanely smooth.

They've skimmed the details but I don't mind that. I think the show captured what's essential about game development/work pretty well.

I'm only short of watching the last episode but we got a solid season so far.

New Game!! END

You know I honestly thought they were going to pull a "Your thoughts and concerns have moved me." moments and Ko wasn't going to go to France. I'm actually happy they didn't because it supports the point of her going other places to make herself better whereas lesser anime would have had her be touched by her co-workers feelings and made her out to be a bad person/not honest with herself for wanting to leave and better herself.

Daemul

New Game!! END

You know I honestly thought they were going to pull a "Your thoughts and concerns have moved me." moments and Ko wasn't going to go to France. I'm actually happy they didn't because it supports the point of her going other places to make herself better whereas lesser anime would have had her be touched by her co-workers feelings and made her out to be a bad person/not honest with herself for wanting to leave and better herself.
Yeah it was well done and a nice change from what would normally happen in these sort of shows.

Now we have to wait for season 3, which we likely won't be seeing until 2019 at the earliest unless Doga Kobo decide to adapt the prequel spinoff of Aoba's and Nene's High School days whilst they wait for the manga writer to release more volumes.

Wheres cryogenic freezing technology when you need it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah it was well done and a nice change from what would normally happen in these sort of shows.

Now we have to wait for season 3, which we likely won't be seeing until 2019 at the earliest unless Doga Kobo decide to adapt the prequel spinoff of Aoba's and Nene's High School days whilst they wait for the manga writer to release more volumes.

No more, kill it now. More Nozaki damnit!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Yeah...the final episode of Heybot! was something else.

I laughed, I cried, and now I feel empty. What a great show.

Heybot! 1

Instead of watching a various shows I've been wanting to watch for a long time; I've decided to spend 50 episodes watching Heybot!. I feel like consecutive bad choices have led me to this point, pray for me and what is left of my decision making skills.

You won't regret it.

I just spent a week watching all of Heybot!, and it was an amazing experience. There are a few bumps in the road, episodes that aren't really too manic and are kind of a breather with a more by-the-numbers gag plot, but there wasn't a single episode I watched that made me want to drop the show.

The last couple episodes are a wild ride. And when you finish you'll honestly start to process all the random gags and such and look for deeper meanings.

Wasn't the OVA an original? I could see another OVA or movie spin off not from the manga?

Mahoujin 12

Guess it is actually a rotating party of people to run around with Kukuri and Nike since people hop in and out every episode. Oh well the supporting cast is quite good anyway.

ibyea

Banned
Blade Runner 2022
It's okay. There are some impressive moments, like some stunning backgrounds, the flashback to the war scene, and the action at the end, while at other times, the bad blending of the CG is an eyesore. The story is a simple androids rebelling against mankind because of oppression.

ibyea

Banned
Forget Game Dev.

You forgot to add the part where the MC gives the "wrong" review score and people go apeshit at her.

Dali

In a new world with my cellphone or whatever it's called is really going places. It's really pushing the envelope and you guys should check it out.

Daemul

No more, kill it now. More Nozaki damnit!

whatyearisit.jpg

Let it go, if it hasn't happened by now then it will never will. Doga Kobo aren't the sort of company to wait 4 years between seasons.

You will instead have a 2nd season of Himōto! Umaru-chan and you will love it!
(I'm hyped for the hamsters return though)

Wasn't the OVA an original? I could see another OVA or movie spin off not from the manga?

Yeah it was, and they'll probably do another original OVA or two to tie up this season, though a movie would interesting to see from them since they haven't done one in years.

Daemul

You want to have another new save file with plus plus, right hahaha

Though I would not mind another Gabriel alongside it.

I would only be happy with a Gabriel DropOut sequel if they replaced everyone expect for Satania. She was the only character worth a damn in the first season.

Classroom of the Edge, Completed - So this series was pretty dumb, but entertaining enough. The ending had me cracking up with the reveal that
Ayanokoji is indeed a sociopath

manfestival

so far I am digging made in the abyss thanks to recommendations here. I have princess principal to watch as well when I get some time but is there anything else to recommend from this season? it seems dry on the shounen goodness that I love. I have been watching hero academia and bahamut but I need more

Classroom of the Edge, Completed - So this series was pretty dumb, but entertaining enough. The ending had me cracking up with the reveal that
Ayanokoji is indeed a sociopath

i hope this isn't actually a spoiler for anyone

anyway, i'm glad the last episode had something actually happen. i would watch another season if they could do anyway with the eps where nothing happens. mc is active enough to not be offensive

speaking of bad mcs

Smartphone Jesus

this mc really sucks. the only thing enjoyable about him was the time one of the girls roasted him for being a closet pervert, but also a coward for not having the spine to act on his desires

the last ep was pretty terrible, devoting way too much time to the foregone conclusion of the harem being a harem. i also hated how the blonde princess got inserted as the last member of the harem, but someone everyone defaulted to her being the leader of the harem

i should know better than to watch bad shows, but sometimes i just can't help myself

phaze

Classroom of Batman 12
"Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

A return to the form and a neat ending. Told you people
C class didn't quit.
S2 where Kushida actually does something when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom