• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest returns on June 7th

Fbh

Looking forward to the random person that will walk uninvited onto the stage this year

"Women-led showcase"? Am I supposed to care about a game because women made it?
We will have to find out. It's a new show under Devolver. It will either have some gems or end up with low viewership like Guerilla Collective's 'Black voices in gaming' showcase.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It will also be streamed without commentary on other outlets, like Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers, etc. if you don’t want to click on Geoff’s specific SGF youtube page.
Yeah but the stream is gonna be in terribad quality, better to just watch the trailers in high quality the day after, the only important thing coming out from these events anyway.

Last edited:

consoul

Well count me in for the Devolver Direct anyway. I'll take it over Geoff's carry on.

Last edited:

consoul

Summer Game Fest should be a good opportunity to see more of
Indiana Jones and the Last Game from that Studio

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Looking forward to the random person that will walk uninvited onto the stage this year
Al Pacino GIF by The Game Awards

Boss Mog

The showcase is led by women, the games they present are all made by muscled men.
Am I supposed to care about a game because it's made by muscled men? The only thing I care about is "is the game good?" and "is it devoid of political propaganda?". If the answer to those two questions is yes then the game could be made by monkeys for all I care, I'll be interested.

Man, Friday at 5pm is just the worst timing. I don't know why they wouldn't do it on a weekday prior to Friday, and hold it earlier in the day. Or do what Xbox does and go for Sunday midday. But a Friday evening? I won't be able to watch it til Saturday morning, or just hold off and watch it on Sunday before the Xbox show.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Man, Friday at 5pm is just the worst timing. I don't know why they wouldn't do it on a weekday prior to Friday, and hold it earlier in the day. Or do what Xbox does and go for Sunday midday. But a Friday evening? I won't be able to watch it til Saturday morning, or just hold off and watch it on Sunday before the Xbox show.
It's best to not watch the SGF anyway. Skip all the ads and just check out the trailers on Saturday.

It's best to not watch the SGF anyway. Skip all the ads and just check out the trailers on Saturday.
You might laugh at me, but I actually like the feeling of anticipation for something exciting. Maybe i'm old-school, but for the big show's and the amazing experience of watching the E3 press conferences during the glory years of 2004-2017, it was like the best thing ever. So I still get that feeling of excitement like it's "Videogame Christmas", watching the big shows like this in June, even though E3's dead. Call me old-fashioned!

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
You might laugh at me, but I actually like the feeling of anticipation for something exciting. Maybe i'm old-school, but for the big show's and the amazing experience of watching the E3 press conferences during the glory years of 2004-2017, it was like the best thing ever. So I still get that feeling of excitement like it's "Videogame Christmas", watching the big shows like this in June, even though E3's dead. Call me old-fashioned!
Oh me too, totally. I just skip the Geoff ones. I honestly usually hang out in the thread itself too and just watch trailers as they literally put them up within seconds individually. I like watching the Nintendo, Sony and Xbox stuff live since they don't literally have ads in them (it's all marketing, but you know what I mean).

Portugeezer

So looks like Helldivers 2 getting a trailer maybe.

He(Geoff) did a Q&A by the way. Don't expect anything big in terms of new on the AAA side and the show is mostly focused on updates and sprinkling of smaller new game announcements.
To be fair, that has been the case for years now. Still, a lot of the time smaller teams create the most interesting things.

He(Geoff) did a Q&A by the way. Don't expect anything big in terms of new on the AAA side and the show is mostly focused on updates and sprinkling of smaller new game announcements.
Holy Fuck? We getting something for Dragon's Dogma 2 as well? It was heavily featured in that trailer.

Am I supposed to care about a game because it's made by muscled men? The only thing I care about is "is the game good?" and "is it devoid of political propaganda?". If the answer to those two questions is yes then the game could be made by monkeys for all I care, I'll be interested.
Fair enough. Then we’ll wait for the Monkey-led Showcase.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I actually like to watch these streams but after the fact in fast forward. Sometimes the banter can be amusing as well.

I do miss full on E3 and while this doesn’t replicate the feels nor do i have the time to sit through entire showcases, I will watch, fast forward and jump around to interesting bits.

I know his strategy. Under-promise and over-deliver. Geoff is de-hyping his own show so he can blow our fucking minds. Now I'm expecting Sekiro 2, Final Fantasy XVII, The Witcher 4 and the next ND to be shown there.

In it for anything new and exciting that is single player. And also next info on MH Wilds since they’ll be at SGF and will have a new trailer and more info than what was shown in the story trailer at the SoP

Top Bottom