• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Toki767

So are they just going to skip one of the TGM games?if it's going to take 45 minutes to set each one up, I can't see how they let them throw the schedule off by that much

They'll manage to catch up from a lot of the runs taking less time than it's scheduled for.

Happened yesterday with that super long Resident Evil setup too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the one run I actually want to watch live

aJa1b5U.jpg

Euphony

Banned
Isn't the setup usually absurdly long every time they do the Tetris block? This isn't the first time they've done this either so I wonder what takes so long for them to set things up.

Toad.T

Banned
Is this emote-only mode a permanent thing? I like it.

What were the best runs so far? I've been a bit casual with the viewing this year.

linko9

This happens every year with Tetris, because they have to hook up a ton of pcbs, superguns, sticks, etc. But it seems like they forget how to do it every year :( Still gonna try to stay up for all three Zelda games.

Altazor

Is this emote-only mode a permanent thing? I like it.

What were the best runs so far? I've been a bit casual with the viewing this year.

Freedom Planet and Banjo Kazooie (100%) were great. The first was the right mix of great, technical playing and good commentary, while the second was really fun even considering its length.

K eight people was not a good idea. How are you supposed to pay attention to anything? Not worth an hour setup IMO. Also why is the top left like pitch black?

Fugu

Ohhhhhhh my god I am so hype for this. I've become a pretty big TGM player over the last couple of years and watching these guys play is just excellent. Shirase is my jam.

So many Tetris screens, all going so fast and alongside some very detailed commentary- I don't know what to focus on!
When in doubt, watch KevinDDR.

Altazor

TGM is so fucking high-level. Too much for my feeble mind. I mean, it's hype as fuck to watch, but playing it? Naaaahhhh.

Blizzard

Banned
Hot take: I feel that the Tetris block (and while we're at it, TAS block or the occasional Super Mario Maker) don't quite fit the theme of GDQ.

Isn't helping that setup is taking forever right now. Metroid tomorrow night is going to be so late, ugh.
Maybe not, but look at the crowd. It's one of the most popular events.

Fugu

How he can have a conversation while playing is ????
TGM is mostly played unconsciously; it's actually fairly easy to talk while playing for a lot of players. TGM 1 in particular is quite "slow" by TGM standards and is volatile not because of the speed but because it explicitly rewards dangerous play.

You're far less likely to see Kevin talk during shirase, particularly after the game speeds up around level 1000.

Whimper race with a 50 minute setup..

Tetris use to be my favorite of the run but it's year 3 of it , get it setup in advanced or something. Ugh I'm tired.

TGM is mostly played unconsciously; it's actually fairly easy to talk while playing for a lot of players. TGM 1 in particular is quite "slow" by TGM standards and is volatile not because of the speed but because it explicitly rewards dangerous play.

You're far less likely to see Kevin talk during shirase, particularly after the game speeds up around level 1000.

Playing Tetris fast

giphy.gif

Fugu

Whimper race with a 50 minute setup..

Tetris use to be my favorite of the run but it's year 3 of it , get it setup in advanced or something. Ugh I'm tired.
TGM 3 is where it's at. The original is downright dull by comparison.

Playing Tetris fast

giphy.gif
It just takes practice. I was no Tetris player when I started playing but I'm good enough at it now that I can play at the high end of TGM 3's speed curve. You get used to it, and TGM in particular has a ruleset that is well-adapted to fast Tetris play.

ike_

No sleep until Zelda 2.

gxFeov5.gif

Don't get me wrong the Tetris blocks are some of the best. But it's so late. And beds are so comfy.

Altazor

TGM 3 is where it's at. The original is downright dull by comparison.

the credits roll in TGM3 is just something I can barely comprehend.

Anyway, decent work by Proto and Kai but they were against KevinDDR and ApertureGrillz - that's a bit of an uphill climb :p

Top Bottom