• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

shanafan

I see a 8 hour run of FF7 is after this Super Metroid run. I have to ask the obvious question.. 8 hours? Can the runner use the bathroom at all? lol

Coonce

I see a 8 hour run of FF7 is after this Super Metroid run. I have to ask the obvious question.. 8 hours? Can the runner use the bathroom at all? lol

bathroom breaks done quick!

I've never seen a runner break to use the bathroom during a run

espher

The couch has been pretty good for this run. Much better than the run back at AGDQ this year.

I think they needed to try and be snarky or something to save it after two runs died on Phantoon.

Far better than the mess that was AGDQ though for sure.

bgbball31

I love how quickly the crowd just went dead silent.

Also, safety save by Zoast to make sure save/kill gets in no matter how many tries.

linko9

They need someone who's actually willing to talk to be the straight man, or the funny man's got nothin to work with. What's odd is that the dude sitting right next to them could be doing exactly that, but he doesn't have a mic.

dstfp.gif

c1d

Very disappointed by that SM showing although the MB2 fight was insanely clutch. I hope they either don't have it at the next GDQ or they go single player with safety saves (and a decent commentary team for once...)

Very disappointed by that SM showing although the MB2 fight was insanely clutch. I hope they either don't have it at the next GDQ or they go single player with safety saves (and a decent commentary team for once...)

Phantoon is always a problem, though. That isn't going away.

Wanderer5

Awesome time with Metroid tonight. Now I feeling the urge to go through either Metroid gba games (I actually need to finish Fusion <.<).

Well I was quite happy seeing the Mirror's Edge and Metroid runs this week! Probably will just catch up on a couple other runs tomorrow. Was the Dishonored 2 run pretty good?

They did this as a race so they were 3x more likely to get a completed run. It's extremely difficult. Safety saves aren't hype, slow down the run nontrivially, and can't easily be done in a way that circumvents those issues (see the fuckery with the HGSS race to see why safety saves can be a mess). Super Metroid had and has had good commentary for years. Chill out, man.

Brashnir

I'm shocked we've still gone as many GDQs as we have without a non-100% SM run getting fully mercy killed

Having watched quite a few SM races, I can't disagree - we're due.

That said, GDQs tend to show the very best runners, who are more likely than most to survive their runs.

KarmaCow

If you die to Phantoon, you're not making a come back either way.

Brashnir

also - I'm zero-for-forever for getting my donation messages read on stream. Is it something I said?

edit - lol, they read mine literally seconds after I posted.

c1d

Phantoon is always a problem, though. That isn't going away.
They did this as a race so they were 3x more likely to get a completed run. It's extremely difficult. Safety saves aren't hype, slow down the run nontrivially, and can't easily be done in a way that circumvents those issues (see the fuckery with the HGSS race to see why safety saves can be a mess). Super Metroid had and has had good commentary for years. Chill out, man.
Each to their own I guess. I'd prefer something like the RBO run as opposed to a blow-out race. Well personally, I think the SM commentary hasn't been good for years, but maybe I'm unfairly comparing the commentary of recent years to the AGDQ2014 run.

Brashnir

8 hour speedrun of FF7...

Seriously, who the hell watches all of it?

most everyone is sleeping anyway. now I can catch up on some other runs.

it's a popular game at least, even if I personally think it's garbage, so there's worse things to run on a friday night.

Top Bottom