• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The guy in blue is a good commentator

His Wart segment wasn't that bad, even though he lost time, He was already behind by the time he got there, partly because he lost time just trying to start SMB2, it hard locked the first time and the second he didn't start right away because the video was fucked up.

He died to wart and missed several hits, more than enough to make the current difference.

bgbball31

Aww man, that 1:00 AM FFVII start time. Not a chance I make it near the end of that. I have to go into work tomorrow at some point. Hopefully that Dark Souls run makes it in.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Would have loved another Super Metroid race between 4 players or something as well. I remember watching that at a previous GDQ and that was pretty hype.

Just caught the VOD of the LTTP swordless run, it'd be nice if more GDQ runs were like that.

Also: that majora's mask incentive amount is stupid, particularly when considering that it costs more for bits than straight dollar donations.

Chris R

Less than two minutes and already I can't stand the shorts guy on the couch lol

edit: Ah ok, the 0% explanation makes sense, I was trying to think what they could do to skip everything lol. Love this game though, my second Metroid game (after Metroid 2) but the first I beat.

Brashnir

Also: that majora's mask incentive amount is stupid, particularly when considering that it costs more for bits than straight dollar donations.

It's not really that much different than the 50k for extra Dark Souls run incentive, especially when you consider that you can get bits for free from watching ads.

It's not really that much different than the 50k for extra Dark Souls run incentive, especially when you consider that you can get bits for free from watching ads.

Are straight dollar amounts being allowed to be put towards the Blind incentive? If so, then I'd agree it's not too bad, but "ad bits" alone are definitely not meeting that incentive.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I miss the GBA man. What a beast.

It didn't go anywhere. ;) I still come back to it from time to time, just such an amazing library.

Metroid Fusion is a beautiful game. Beautiful and hard as hell.

Wallach

It didn't go anywhere. ;) I still come back to it from time to time, just such an amazing library.

Metroid Fusion is a beautiful game. Beautiful and hard as hell.

Yeah, I just mean more the era.

And yeah, Fusion is in my opinion the best looking GBA game and one of the nicest looking sprite-based games ever. Adore this game.

Brashnir

Are straight dollar amounts being allowed to be put towards the Blind incentive? If so, then I'd agree it's not too bad, but "ad bits" alone are definitely not meeting that incentive.

Obviously ad bits alone aren't, but adding them to bought bits makes those two incentives about the same. (also, you can subtract the 500k from the first bits donation incentive, since they didn't reset to 0 after it was met)

That said, with bits being fairly new, it's understandable that they're moving along slowly, and probably too slowly to meet the incentive. They would have been better served with having more bits incentives at closer intervals, rather than jumping straight from 500k for the first one to 5 million for the second.

Not gonna lie but i'm thinking the commentating can chill out when the speedrunner is fighting a boss or doing something unique. THEN he comments about it afterwards. Maybeijustdontlikenonstoptalkingwithnosilenceinbetween.

Obviously ad bits alone aren't, but adding them to bought bits makes those two incentives about the same. (also, you can subtract the 500k from the first bits donation incentive, since they didn't reset to 0 after it was met)

That said, with bits being fairly new, it's understandable that they're moving along slowly, and probably too slowly to meet the incentive. They would have been better served with having more bits incentives at closer intervals, rather than jumping straight from 500k for the first one to 5 million for the second.

I guess that's fair reasoning. I'm really not trying to be confrontational about it, but I think the big reason it bothers me is knowing that to meet the 5m bits goal, best case scenario is that an extra 23% is going directly to twitch/amazon "just because". I don't hate bits and think they're handy in supporting streamers on a whim, but find myself annoyed at incentivizing their use towards charity causes such as this.

Oh well, maybe I'm wrong and amazon are matching to donations that extra percentage they make from these particular bits.

Top Bottom