• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Disc 1 is more than half of the time spent in the run. The run is on target for under 8 hours. Discs 2 and 3 added together are about 3 hours.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Haven't kept up with SGDQ this year, only watched CV III and Jedi Outcast just now. That run was amazing though. Judging from the thread that was the best one too so far.

Piers

Ehh they're okay I guess. They keep doing the feigned ignorance thing where they've all played the game 800 times but do the wink-nudge "whoa what's going on here??" for nearly every story beat and that's always been annoying during RPG runs. Otherwise the strat knowledge has been good.
Its the sort of iffy way to encourage curiosity that grandpa does when showing his grandkids model planes. It's fine once or twice, but the guys sometimes sound like the sort of TV Tropers that had no one else to talk to about the story and lore.

Otherwise I think the commentary is pretty good, especially with how long the actual run is.

Chirotera

Banned
Ehh they're okay I guess. They keep doing the feigned ignorance thing where they've all played the game 800 times but do the wink-nudge "whoa what's going on here??" for nearly every story beat and that's always been annoying during RPG runs. Otherwise the strat knowledge has been good.

Uh oh, looks like Cloud's in trouble now, we're so bad at this game! hahaha, naw, that's intentional, aren't we so very clever?

It drives me nuts, too. It's probably my least favorite thing about these runs. Just state up front what you're doing and why, make a joke or two if you can think of one - but this playing coy stuff is just, ug. We're not that stupid, dudes!

I totally fell for it when they had to kill themselves for that one boss. I've seen enough flubbed runs to think it could actually happen. It doesn't hurt that I had literally just turned it on after waking up when that happened.

daveo42

Banned
Made it through the FFVII run. Crazy to see all of that in one sitting and some of the strats involved. I knew Tifa had some amazing damage output...but holy hell is she absolutely broken with the right setup. Also had no idea you get Omnislash for the final attack because every run of the game I've done had me getting it from Golden Saucer.

-Mikey-

Caught 3.5 hours of VII. What a great run and it was nuts to see the damage output from Tifa. I actually have a save on my PS1 memory card that is right before the final fight with Sephiroth. I should finish the fight!

Do we know who will be running BotW? Any chance it'll be Narcissa?

Dad

What runs are worth catching? I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watching anything so far this year

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There is no BotW run according to the schedule.

Edit: nvm its a bonus game or something? So that means its on sunday?
No, it'll be in 13 hours-ish if we make it.
Just noticed that Majora was 100%; why would anyone donate for blindfolded last boss?

Caught 3.5 hours of VII. What a great run and it was nuts to see the damage output from Tifa. I actually have a save on my PS1 memory card that is right before the final fight with Sephiroth. I should finish the fight!

Do we know who will be running BotW? Any chance it'll be Narcissa?

Orcastraw according to bid index

DJ88

Cool. Set my alarm to wake up for the Superhot run. Find out the schedule page was changed at some point and the time was moved.

EDIT: This TF2 run though. So smooth!

wNQRG1P.gif

Top Bottom