• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

RyudBoy

I just posted in the 24hr access thread, but wanted to mention again that I now own the game and I only paid $28 for it!

Feels good, man.

So...there's one control panel I can't figure out how to get to. It's the last mission you get the LARPer, the control panel is near the docks, can't seem to figure out how to hit it as it's actually underneath the dock and I can't see any way to get under there and melee it.

So...there's one control panel I can't figure out how to get to. It's the last mission you get the LARPer, the control panel is near the docks, can't seem to figure out how to hit it as it's actually underneath the dock and I can't see any way to get under there and melee it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a wire running under the docks that you can grind on. Swim out a little bit to the left and right, look for an entrance.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

theres.a.rail.you.ca.grid.that.goes.udereath.to.the.right.(facig.lad)

sorry.roke.keyoard.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a wire running under the docks that you can grind on. Swim out a little bit to the left and right, look for an entrance.

theres.a.rail.you.ca.grid.that.goes.udereath.to.the.right.(facig.lad)

sorry.roke.keyoard.

Cheers bros. Can't believe I missed it.

I so focused on trying to hit it head on that I didn't think there might be a grind rail around...

While I was playing yesterday, I heard Fizzie's voice for the first time and I thought I had heard his voice before but couldn't remember where or when exactly. When I woke up today his voice was still in my mind "I won't tell anyone you killed all those guys if you drink some over charge"... He's the same actor that made Pharos and Teddie's voice in Persona 3 and Persona 4!!!

:0

FinKL

- Most weapon amps are a "% chance of something happening on kill/hit".

Don't know if this is 100% correct, but I had my gf play the 1st 30 minutes so I missed out on some of the intro stuff but from my observations:

The style meter on the top right dictates what amps activate:
Lvl1. Hero Amps are active
Lvl2. Weapon/Melee Amps are active
Lvl3. Epic Amp is active
Lvl !! Haven't figured out yet...

Don't know if this is 100% correct, but I had my gf play the 1st 30 minutes so I missed out on some of the intro stuff but from my observations:

Lvl3. Epic Amp is active

!! turns everything up to 11. Bigger booms, harder hits, etc.

Ramenman

Lvl3. Epic Amp is active

Yes, I know that (this bit is pretty clear). But even when "activated" (ie when proper style level is reached) most amps' effect still has a % chance of happening (which is logical, else it would be ridiculously overpowered :p ).

Maybe my post was poorly worded, I meant I'm having trouble sometimes knowing when the effect *did* happen. It mainly happens when the weapon visual effect and amp visual effect are similar.

No big deal though.

FinKL

!! turns everything up to 11. Bigger booms, harder hits, etc.

Ahhh good to know, guess i didn't notice the stuff dying faster. Guess I'll need to get those overdrives that boost style consistently. Feels good man
Yes, I know that (this bit is pretty clear). But even when "activated" (ie when proper style level is reached) most amps' effect still has a % chance of happening (which is logical, else it would be ridiculously overpowered :p ).

Maybe my post was poorly worded, I meant I'm having trouble sometimes knowing when the effect *did* happen. It mainly happens when the weapon visual effect and amp visual effect are similar.

No big deal though.

My mistake then, you are right it's not really a game breaker. I do agree though, like the Recycler amp, it's hard to tell if I'm even "recycling" ammo unless I'm constantly looking at my ammo.

By the way, thank you to whoever suggested equipping the nuke amp to the gun turrets.

Oh my god...I had one encounter where it went off four times during a night defence.

Yuterald

Are there just enough of the collectables to purchase every single Amp in the game? That would be pretty barf-town deluxe if you had to pick and choose (potentially waste finite collectables). I'm assuming that the latter isn't the case.

Are there just enough of the collectables to purchase every single Amp in the game?

I think so but there have been bugs regarding this like a lv1 amp returning to the store after get the lv 2 version from Chaos Squad. I think there's supposed to be a fix, if it hasn't happened already.

I think so but there have been bugs regarding this like a lv1 amp returning to the store after get the lv 2 version from Chaos Squad. I think there's supposed to be a fix, if it hasn't happened already.
The patch the other day fixed this. All in all you can buy everything and have 15 pairs of shoes left over.

Snorlocs

*cries* I Just want to thank tuna_love again for giving me the game. This is the first time in 2 days i've come up for air. My only complaints are the lack of local co-op, not letting me keep the op story weapons forever and the fact that i couldn't get a game of chaos squad(that could be my crappy net though). The game is glorious. GG Insomniac. GG Microsoft. I'm going back in

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is something wrong with Chaos Squad or are people just not playing it.
Been searching all day not one game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'm still wondering, where do I get the nuke amp?

I just bought it from floyd for 35 fizzie balloons.
It plus any automatic weapons = fun times....fun times.

P.S Its not called Nuke its actually called Twist of Fate in case you were looking for nuke like i was when i visited floyd the first few times.

tuna_love

Banned
*cries* I Just want to thank tuna_love again for giving me the game. This is the first time in 2 days i've come up for air. My only complaints are the lack of local co-op, not letting me keep the op story weapons forever and the fact that i couldn't get a game of chaos squad(that could be my crappy net though). The game is glorious. GG Insomniac. GG Microsoft. I'm going back in
Your welcome 😊

It's all about the under grind. Once I started using that fighting the fliers was way easier.

Yeah, I was doing that, but I think I was wrongly relying on the Roman Candle to see me through. Changed it up and starting using the flaming compensator and things went pretty smoothly from there.

Also found a couple of health boxes that made getting through the latter part of the enemy rush a little easier.

But damn, that was a tough side quest.

Footos22

Huh, might be time to give a second chance.

Although I love the Roman Candle too much to bother using anything else...

Roman candle is pretty much worthless outside of normal od.

Better off with flaming compenstaor to set on fire then dirty harry for mega damage.

those wingers drop like flies with dirty harry.
Hell it the only combo the game tells you about in game. And its the most useful.

E92 M3

I just got it doing the boat night defense in the story.

I just bought it from floyd for 35 fizzie balloons.
It plus any automatic weapons = fun times....fun times.

P.S Its not called Nuke its actually called Twist of Fate in case you were looking for nuke like i was when i visited floyd the first few times.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. Never saw it in the shop for some reason, but might have missed it.

dralla

Never understimate the Dirty Harry, that gun is POWERFUL at lvl 5.

I prefer the Ahab for my single shot, high damage weapon because of the overcharge pool. As far as 'normal' weapons go, I like the Shorty Shotty with the Burn, Baby, Burn level 2 amp. It has a really nice sound when firing, very satisfying. I like to lure enemies in with the decoy guy and take out hoards with it. And speaking off that decoy gun, I added the Rocket Man amp to it, it's pretty damn effective, but takes a long time to level up.

I need more content! All of the missions and challenges are finished and I've beaten all the chaos squad levels. I don't really have much of a desire to collect everything just because the remaining amps to buy seem boring. I'd play CS more but it's a pain to get into a game. I think once the DLC comes out I'll get that and the weapon pack.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Finished all the trials yesterday. About 50% of the way there on collectables.

Started forcing myself to use unloved weapons to get more of them up to level 5.

Still, no luck in Chaos Squad. The gods hate me. All I get are clothes. No amp level 2s, no weapons. I'm getting all of the spins to unlock too :(

I remember seeing some game blog dudes drinking overcharge. was it a limited product or something? I know you could buy Alpa Chino's booty sweat if you knew where to look. I would love a few cans of overcharge!

Top Bottom