• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

p3tran

Banned
Played this last night up to the mission on the bridge.

It's really really fun.

I currently am not very good, but I'm getting there. The first night defense mission took me two tries to get through, but then I started figuring out weapon combos and how to keep a grind going.

This game is absolutely insane old-school fun times. The amount of stuff it expects you to keep up with at once is really great. The combo of traversal and shooting with the number of baddies swarming you at once is phenomenal.

The JSRF feels are real. And anyone complaining about slow are dead wrong. The dash is maybe a hair too much speed for me to keep up with right now.
OK
BUT
you should still ban jstevenson for letting the euro&hk release slip back two days..!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ah ok I'm at the mission when I'm about to get that amp so I guess I'll just wait. I'm very early on.

So you're constantly changing guns on the fly? I'd prefer if you could use the dpad for gun shifts,I have to get used to the hold lb and move right stick I guess.

Yeah, I'm constantly shifting guns.

That wheel feels really necessary though. That slow down while switching also gives me a chance to catch my breath and access the situation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the female VA better than god damn Yuri Lowenthal for the 8,000th time.

Plus she kind of sounds like Nancy Cartwright.

But you're not doing that, so by your standards you're good. Other people have different standards and that's okay. I also do not think they are dismissing an entire game by highlighting how humor is not for them. You know how these things go on message boards. The negative can sound louder.

There are healthier, more constructive ways to frame an opinion. It's best done when directed inward rather than putting it as a pedestal at the expense of someone else's position. (ex. "for me, the humor hits its stride." vs "you're waging a war on enthusiasm")

Fair enough.

More importantly, nailed it:
http://instagram.com/p/ususdWnZir/

Put your stun amp on that gun (High Frequency I'm guessing?) and fire off a bunch of rounds to stun the horde then hit them with flaming compensator to set them on fire and then dirty harry to blast to bits.

You know, while grinding and not dying.

Yeah, that's not sounding old fart friendly. Of which I am one. Old fart, that is. I'm simply not that creative (especially weapon switching on the fly) when I play games...

derFeef

I only checked the game for 5 minutes before work - but did anyone else had problems with the brightnes slider? It somehow seemed to bright for "until the logo almost fully disappears" because it was still very visible even on the lowest setting. I am not running full-rgb since it's ruining colors on my TV.

Giggzy

I know there's a dedicated thread for gamer tags, but I'm still going to post mine in here!

I'll definitely be playing a ton of chaos squad, so if anyone ever wants to play hit me up!

GT: GetsumfrumE

I only checked the game for 5 minutes before work - but did anyone else had problems with the brightnes slider? It somehow seemed to bright for "until the logo almost fully disappears" because it was still very visible even on the lowest setting. I am not running full-rgb since it's ruining colors on my TV.

Had this same issue, I just left it where it started...

Maybe it's a joke?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Had the same issue.

I left it where it was in the middle as turning it down seemed to kill the colors and my TV is properly calibrated so I figured default was the way to go.

Gibran7

Loving the game so far. It actually looks really good as well. The framerate is stable even with all the madness. I've seen some people complain about the graphics but in my opinion, it's one of the best looking games I've played, especially with all the effects in full force.

Gotta get used to pressing "x" every time you want to grind though, even if you're jumping from one rail to the next.

Was not aware that's what he did. Regardless, I read a sensible and detailed post from him re: his impressions and people hand picked two short sentences and harped on him for that. That's what I

Whew way to totally miss the main points of the post to make me sound unreasonable. And I'm not comparing it to a $2000 anything, just other games on the Xbox and that other similarly priced but differently speced console. The art is fantastic yes, but the textures are poor. Sorry that bums you out but it's just how I see it. Check out Infamous for a game that has a boring artstyle(and gameply imho) but far more next-geny graphics.

Unless we are talking about different people...;-)

I'm not sayng surge does the "comparing boxes" thing in every thread. Only here.

I have to agree regarding textures. They are not low res everywhere but when you see them standout. The clothing seems to be the worst offender.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You know this game is amazing, when, "The Sauce" is voice of main character

When I get the game later today, I keep wondering if I just wanna recreate Saucy-K asthe main character.... or Ben 10. Both would be pretty messed up. Considering how free the customization is, I'll have to do this at some point, surely.

Begaria

First off, let me admit this is a really stupid thing to nitpick, but it's been bugging me since the day this game was announced and I've seen this acronym all over the place:

Sunset Overdrive's acronym isn't SSOD. It's a two word title and its correct acronym should be "SO", as acronyms are created using the first letter of a word in a title. The game isn't called "Sun Set Over Drive".

I told you it was a stupid thing to nit pick :p

who has been using SSOD?

2)didnt play SSOD but I think I will end up agreeing, though gorgeous, inFamous was boring by the time I got to the 3rd power, this game looks like a acid flashback

I'm gonna call this game SSOD than SO. Sounds better.

*whimpers*

KevinG

Can't dive into this until 6:30. Even though this was an accidental purchase, the hype has seeped into my system.

This looks like fun. Looks like my shipment got messed up and will be late :(

I'm not a fan of these late ot's, I like at least a few days before release.

ElRenoRaven

So got to play the first couple starter missions before leaving for work today and I have to say I see this being a freaking blast. Glad to see Insomniac doing something unique again.

Played it a bit last night and have been playing it all morning. The humor is... not for me. Detracting at its worst and I'm pretty much zoning it out. The traversal is fantastic however, and I'm enjoying my time just trying to master it in the missions. I've really enjoyed the different guns I've obtained so far and some of the amps I've gotten.

I look forward to trying the Chaos Mode a little later tonight.

gossi

Played an hour this morning, then 45 minutes co-op at lunchtime.

Fuck, it's good. The co-op is ridiculously fun and first thing I've played which actually feels 'next gen(tm)', as it becomes utterly bonkers during some modes.

Jinaar

Just bought the new XBOX ONE (White) + Sunset Overdrive bundle. Sitting here at work. Longing to be plugged in. So hyped!

rrc1594

When I get the game later today, I keep wondering if I just wanna recreate Saucy-K asthe main character.... or Ben 10. Both would be pretty messed up. Considering how free the customization is, I'll have to do this at some point, surely.

I would loose my shit if you can make the Sauce

besada

Banned
Late to work from playing this morning. I definitely get the JSR feels. And guns!

Loved the character creator. Women with beards, men in Daisy Dukes, let your freak flag fly.

Did anyone else notice the t-shirt with the dinosaur and the word "BELIEVE" on it?

JSR + Crackdown? That sounds incredible. I won't be able to purchase it until next week though. I won't have time to play it.

First world problems!

abrack08

BTW, I was hoping they would have a language filter in this game. Now I do not have to worry about what my 5 year old hears. Much appreciated to the team for this. Plus I just don't think it fits with the humor.

Does the profanity filter beep the curse words, or change the lines/completely omit them?

Like, does "That was fucking awesome!" become "That was <bleep> awesome!" or just "That was awesome!"?

Top Bottom