• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Thanks everyone who pointed out the fast travel answer. I've been doing traversal challenges pretty much all morning. I'm addicted to this shit.

Maannn, i'm at work waiting to finish my shift and get the fuck out of here so i can go to the store and pick up my white bundle and play !

Reading some impressions here makes me very exited ! Can't wait !

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really loving the game so far. Quick question, I met one person selling clothes so far but the selection is limited (missing stuff I have seen in trailers). I take it that more articles of clothing show up the further you get in the game?
I believe more stuff gets unlocked (also stuff seems to lock after some missions).

NavNucST3

I don't even recall what I was doing at the time, Hulu or Netflix or nothing but then all of a sudden I just kept hearing/seeing notifications that DLC was installing. When my brain finally kicked in I realized damn it's 11 (CDT), let's play!

I was tired as hell and thought, "I'll check out the opening cinematics and maybe create my character but definitely not going to play because I'm just too tired"

An hour and 45 minutes later I finally put the controller down because my batteries died.

Love the game so far. I did initially think that grinding on the railroad tracks was sluggish but that changed after I started being attacked and was grateful for the speed while I adjusted to the controls.

While I was bummed about the M-rating (Parent-GAF hoping for a "T") I am glad they inserted the "vulgarity" control. I've not found the humor off-putting at all and I've definitely laughed/chuckled more than I thought I would.

Z3M0G

So why is the Sony sale using this game's font? Or is it a public font and just a funny coincidence?

15582959331_46816e1476_z.jpg

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I really want a nice suit and tie. The blazer ain't doing it for me.

Anyone see one yet?
I'm pretty sure I say a shirt, tie and wait coat when I was going through the vendor in the fast food place, again I could be seeing things because of the bad case of The Ebola I'm suffering from.

It's not Ebola, don't worry gaf I'm not going anywhere

I'm pretty sure I say a shirt, tie and wait coat when I was going through the vendor in the fast food place, again I could be seeing things because of the bad case of The Ebola I'm suffering from.

It's not Ebola, don't worry gaf I'm not going anywhere

Do you mean the chuck e cheese type place with the preps?

If so I've been there and they don't have what I'm looking for.

So why is the Sony sale using this game's font? Or is it a public font and just a funny coincidence?

15582959331_46816e1476_z.jpg

It was associated promotion. So basically it was intentional to show appreciation and congrats. Insomniac was fine with it.

However, I'm picking this up tomorrow. This game looks so good and I won't be able to fully dedicate all my time to it until Friday but the impression in here has won me over. I can't wait to create my character.

Do they have wild curly hair Btw? Every game seems to never have that hairstyle.

Patroclos

Banned
It was associated promotion. So basically it was intentional to show appreciation and congrats. Insomniac was fine with it.

However, I'm picking this up tomorrow. This game looks so good and I won't be able to fully dedicate all my time to it until Friday but the impression in here has won me over. I can't wait to create my character.

Do they have wild curly hair Btw? Every game seems to never have that hairstyle.

Yes. The buzzo cut is in there. google him.

Edit; yikes, don't know what happened with that pic.

Grisby

Hot damn, it feels really good to get about the world. Chaining some wallruns between two buildings to get to the top felt great.

And there was a cash chest up there too.

And the amp where you create fireballs by jumping on cars is awesome.

This feels like an open world Jet Set in terms of traversal. The colors are great.

Leyasu

Banned
Just had a little blast... So good.

Getting the hang of it quickly as well. Just would have liked that they swapped the grind button X with Y.

Other than that, a great game, and it looks gorgeous!

Love the US store and the ability to change time zones.

Danomeon

Neo Member
Picked this up today, I'm glad to say all of my worries so far have proven to be unfounded.

I heard the start was slow, but I've actually been having a blast getting used to all of the traversal mechanics. I just got to the first part where you have a few AMPs charged and they finally let you go out and just jump around and collect stuff.

I was worried the grinding was going to be too sluggish from the videos, but it really does feel quick when it's in your hands: particularly because you're aiming and shooting while doing the grinding.

It's gorgeous, too. The style is so impressively close to those CGI trailers it's mind-boggling. The way poppers explode into orange fizz spelling the word "pop" is such a colorful and cool stylistic element.

The one worry that has come true so far is the humor. There's been some funny stuff so far: the name of the first gun is pretty hilarious, for example. But a lot of the jokes so far have been "you're in a video game! LOL!". "Awesomepocalypse" is still kind of cringeworthy, too.

The game feels great, though, and I'm super excited to return home from class and sink my teeth into it even more.

Having a blast with it so far. I still kind of suck at getting around, but I have improved. I was getting kind of pissed figuring out how to wall run but then I hit x and she started doing it. I think x is the key of life to traversing. Anyway, what a fresh type of game, very excite.

Grisby

Well, I'm glad its not all automated. I missed a few corners on my wall run from not hitting X at the right time.

statham

Oh man, love the respawn animations. My hot girl character just did the Egyptian dance.
Having a blast with it so far. I still kind of suck at getting around, but I have improved. I was getting kind of pissed figuring out how to wall run but then I hit x and she started doing it. I think x is the key of life to traversing. Anyway, what a fresh type of game, very excite.

Ha, was just coming here to ask how to wall run.

i got past tutorial section and it hit me with "please wait for Sunset Overdrive to completely install". just enough to get me excited so far. i liked the dick gun.

the white console is sick.

Ugh I don't need another I don't need another I don't need another.

System looks so much better in white.

Yup. X is used to swing on poles too. It's confusing at first, but you get the hang of it.

Playing around with the idea of grabbing a $350 bone for this and MCC; I've always owned primarily Sony consoles, and Ratchet and Clank has always been a mainstay. How similar is this to R&C?

Whose turn was it to watch the time machine this week? Can we go back to launch and somehow make MS offer the choice of a black or white Xbox?

If anyone wants this cheaper than retail, I have the digital code. $50, paypal (I'm a NeoGAF gold seller)

I prefer retail discs and don't want the code to go to waste.

Top Bottom