• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

OrangeOak

anyone else have problems with upload studio?
I can't upload anything,it comes to 50% and then gives me an error.
I can't believe how much fun I have with this title.Shooting is so great,especially with that fire shotgun.Great sound and feedback.

VanWinkle

Woo!

jbuANqhH1dKoNh.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The weapon wheel slowdown usefulness can't be stated enough. Even when I'm not switching weapons, it's a great way to get a feel of what's going on since the game is permanently in 'ITS ON' mode. I use that thing as much as I pause in Dragon Age combat.

And the
Sprinkler
is an incredible battlefield control weapon.

VanWinkle

Oh awesome! You read Brandon Sanderson? Fucking awesome author. Did a bang up job finishing The Wheel of Time to.

HUGE fan. Started with Way of Kings, which ended up being my favorite book ever...until Words of Radiance, lol. My fiancee got me the Mistborn trilogy and SO for my birthday today (among a few other things), and I've been wanting to read it for awhile now.

Daigoro

If I keep reading this thread I'm going to have every little in-joke and reference spoiled for me before I even play the game... c'mon guys.

Patroclos

Banned
I kind of get a Bully vibe from the characters as well. Probably just the preps though.

Nice catch, I agree. It's like if Bully's models were updated. By the way, I am required by law to say it, Bully may have the most incredible video game soundtrack of forever.

Rock Band was the last game that got character creation this right, and this game is actually even better at it.

So good.

Also, humor wise, I posted it before, but that line at the hi rise, well, is anyone else as bad as me and got

"THANK YOU for not starting me at the bottom."

Like that's seriously genius. And actually made me laugh out loud.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT.

Using the Pixar lamp noise for foot sounds is goddamned genius. The sound design across the board in this game, actually, is tremendous.

Jinaar

Welcome on board to join Xbox family!!!!

I should have mentioned this is my 2nd XBONE :) The current one is going to be my new PLEX/NETFLIX media center for the living room (So I can let me 5 year old ACER HTPC die in piece and unplug the PS3)

But thank you for the big welcome regardless! I love the Xbox Family and have been playing strong since release on it. Because gaming is all about the games. And gaming is good on the BONE.

Just picked up the white bundle! So glad I was able to get it. I walked in to Best Buy and they didn't have any in their little cage full of consoles and just as I was going to ask a guy, somebody pulled up with a cart of about 10 of them. I said let me get one those bad bitches
I didn't say that

Excited to jump back in with the xbox family. I now have the big 3. Must play all the gamez. Now the long wait until I get off of work to be able to play.

Kssio_Aug

It's also 10 AM on the East Coast on a Tuesday.

Check your NAT setting on Xbox One, you may need to set up port forwarding to get matches more easily.

My NAT is ok, the problem is that I have a very peculiar connection problem that end up affecting any XB1 game somehow.

But is there any kind of balance on public matches? I mean, I am very early on the campaing (just got that missile bear launcher) and am taking like 2-6 minutes to find a match. However from all my attempts, there were 6 to 8 players, but they were with better amps and equips then me.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Played for about 2 hours and I'm really enjoying it, haven't really noticed any technical problems, the only thing that bothers me is when you kill OD they drop Overdrive cans if you stay away (and not even that far) they disappear and become yellow/green sprites (for want to a better word). I understand not drawing the cans make it less taxing on the console but they seem to disappear too quickly.

I'm sick a feck right now so maybe I'm over reacting, will play a bit more later on and report back.

I made a quick clip during one of the missions, you can see Sunset TV playing in the background.

also grinding is a lot of fun, damn pigeons!

Patroclos

Banned
I accidentally missed the outfit selection opportunity last night, I hit the button and it started leaving me in the janitor outfit. How and when do I get the opportunity to change?

jimboton

Are there any cool platforming objectives based on using the traversal mechanics to get to hard to reach high places? I'm thinking of stuff like climbing the Agency Tower in Crackdown.

Nice catch, I agree. It's like if Bully's models were updated. By the way, I am required by law to say it, Bully may have the most incredible video game soundtrack of forever.

Yup. I thought Bully pretty much right away as well, and that's a good thing for sure. And speaking of soundtracks, I'm really enjoying the music in Sunset Overdrive. It's a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Are there any cool platforming objectives based on using the traversal mechanics to get to hard to reach high places? I'm thinking of stuff like climbing the Agency Tower in Crackdown.

Absolutely. What's cool is the way you respawn when missing a jump too.
You fall into a blue portal and leave an orange portal.
Great shoutout! This game is an action platformer fan's wet dream.

besada

Banned
I accidentally missed the outfit selection opportunity last night, I hit the button and it started leaving me in the janitor outfit. How and when do I get the opportunity to change?

Once you get past the opening segment and to your apartment, you should be able to change again.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
About 2 - 3 missions i you can go to a NPC and change your outfit.

EDIT: Beaten like an OD with a crowbar :/

There's a whole mission based on vertical traversal using all your skills to date that gave me some Agency Tower feels, but in a cartoonier way. There's also checkpointed time trials that require you to traverse in a certain way.

Begaria

HUGE fan. Started with Way of Kings, which ended up being my favorite book ever...until Words of Radiance, lol. My fiancee got me the Mistborn trilogy and SO for my birthday today (among a few other things), and I've been wanting to read it for awhile now.

Nice. Word of warning: the second book of the Mistborn trilogy is a little hard to get through due to a stupid love triangle, but the first and third book are friggin' awesome. He's writing a sequel series to Mistborn and the first book is out: Alloy of Law. It's steampunk Batman with the powers from Mistborn, and it to is awesome.

Words of Radiance was brilliant.

My god, that moment when the traversal plus combat clicks and you just do everything properly... so good.

Also, just to reiterate my question again: how do you fast travel?

My god, that moment when the traversal plus combat clicks and you just do everything properly... so good.

I believe you just go to the map, select the fast travel location and press whatever button is assigned to selecting the fast travel option.

Kssio_Aug

Some points at the map have two arrows near the icon, just press A on them to fast travel to that location.

I think it's an option on the map. Pick a spot and select fast travel.

One of my favorite moments is grinding forward and then shooting at mobs behind you as you race away. So badass.

Haklong

I'm really loving the game so far. Quick question, I met one person selling clothes so far but the selection is limited (missing stuff I have seen in trailers). I take it that more articles of clothing show up the further you get in the game?

Nephtes

The game is great... But it could be SO MUCH BETTER if you could just remap the controls!

Aiming while jumping in UNPOSSIBLE because of the decision to map Jump to A.

Frustrated they didn't include a bumper jumper option...

Top Bottom