• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

I recorded a video clip of Sunset Overdrive, I snapped the app and recorded the last 3 minutes. Then it told me it would take a while to appear on my profile. I can watch it in the upload app, but I can't save it, gives me the message "Clip not saved, sorry the clip you selected could not be saved. Please try again." So my questions are: will my clip eventually appear on my profile? If not, is it because I don't have Xbl gold? Sorry for asking this here, searching the internet for an answer and it's not helping me.

It should sometimes it just takes an hour or so... However since you don't have Xbox gold I'm not sure how that works.

Sunset 2 needs tagging and tricks.

Tricks are a faster way to build up your combo meter. They've engineered the soda to become harmful to the mutants, and weaponised it in aerosol form.

Sunset Overdrive 2
= Jet Set Radio 3.

arimanius

Swung by Gamestop on a whim and they only had 1 copy left. Was an open "new" copy so I declined. Wow the guy was upset. You would of thought I just insulted his mom.

I'll just buy it digitally like my original plan. Was just hoping to cut out the download time lol

Swung by Gamestop on a whim and they only had 1 copy left. Was an open "new" copy so I declined. Wow the guy was upset. You would of thought I just insulted his mom.

I'll just buy it digitally like my original plan. Was just hoping to cut out the download time lol

Ugh, I hate it when Gamestop tries to pawn off those opened copies as "new".

If the plastic has been broken, it's used. It's sneaky and underhanded to try to pretend it's not.

Patroclos

Banned
Just bought this, can't wait to dive in. I know I got a bunch of updates to install on my Xbox One, it hasn't been turned on since March lol.

I was in the same boat yesterday. Controllers were totally dead. Did you have to dust it? Mine was filthy. Regardless, it was worth the setup/cleanup, it is the best Xbox One game so far by a mile for me.

mollipen

It's just a silly little thing, but we talked to some of the Sunset Overdrive team and asked them about their personal choices for character customization. (Link)

So, just
beat Fizzie.
Solid boss fight, though a Mr. Freeze-esque feature where he
blows up the pads after you use them
would've been sweet. As is, it's a little easy.

ViciousDS

Banned
Omg the console is so sexy......wont take pics of full entertainment setup because, of my awesome ly terrible wire management. It looks really bad and ive been harked at before about it because it's in the basement

Patroclos

Banned
Ugh, I hate it when Gamestop tries to pawn off those opened copies as "new".

If the plastic has been broken, it's used. It's sneaky and underhanded to try to pretend it's not.

I won't take one from them unless it's unopened. I purchase elsewhere when "that's all they have". Walmart is in the same shopping center. I always make sure they know they just lost a sale and if it's a preorder I get my 5 bucks back too. I also always make sure to let them know I'll be happy to pay the "used" price for the open game.

They get super offended but fuck 'em. It's a ridiculous policy and is egregiously anti-consumer.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a list somewhere of what exactly is the "Day One Edition in-game content"?

I got the game from the XB1 bundle. According to the store page I don't have the "Day One Edition" (I have the option to buy it) but if I look into Manage Games I have 5 DLCs.

-Hardcore Hammer
-Acordes de la muerte
-It's Me! Fizzie!
-Nothin' but the hits Weapon
-The Hangover Melee Weapon

I assume those are the Day1 bonus but it's not very clear.

I was in the same boat yesterday. Controllers were totally dead. Did you have to dust it? Mine was filthy. Regardless, it was worth the setup/cleanup, it is the best Xbox One game so far by a mile for me.

Just put in some rechargeable batteries so the controller is good to go and mine was clean because I moved rooms and transported all my consoles to one spot in there. I'm excited for this, I was debating between this and Lords of the Fallen, but figured I can give that game a chance later on at a cheaper price.

ironcreed

Banned
The voice acting is great and the story works for what the game is. There is no sense of it "trying too hard" or it being "cringe-worthy" at all. It is presented a hell of a lot better than something like Saints Row. A hell of a lot better made and more innovative as well.

I won't take one from them unless it's unopened. I purchase elsewhere when "that's all they have". Walmart is in the same shopping center. I always make sure they know they just lost a sale and if it's a preorder I get my 5 bucks back too. I also always make sure to let them know I'll be happy to pay the "used" price for the open game.

They get super offended but fuck 'em. It's a ridiculous policy and is egregiously anti-consumer.

I really dont get why employees seem to be so offended when open copies are turned down, like they cant understand thats not a new copy. Thats like buying an open bag of chips and being told "But all the chips are in there!"

derFeef

Yeah this game is pretty dope. Switched to female character because I like the voice better, just like as in Saints Row 3/4 - love me some female heroines in games. Also the humor did not rub me the wrong way yet, loved the
weapon wheel joke
with Buck National.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So whats the overall consensus on this game? Fun for more than a few hours?

Im really on the fence because some previews (and a couple gaffers) said the gameplay is just boring/monotonous.

Im really on the fence because some previews (and a couple gaffers) said the gameplay is just boring/monotonous.

Most people have only played for a few hours. However the gameplay is a freaking blast.

I can't say whether I will have that same enthusiasm after 15 hours of gameplay but for now it's great and I don't see this getting boring.

sangreal

imo, the fun does not even start for a few hours

after that, I find it quite addictive

So my copy just arrived, and checking the order form I see this:
B1EdLx0CUAAR2Yd.jpg

It takes a little while to get used to the controls and figure out what's expected of you in terms of gameplay, but once you get a handle on it it's an absolute blast. It's fast, fluid, and chaotic without ever quite venturing into the real of overwhelming (though it comes close at times :p). There's a solid variety of objectives, though some of the sidequests can get a little same-y. The writing is great, with lots of little in-jokes, references, and general skewering of video games, pop culture, consumerism, and the fourth wall. And though the story itself isn't particularly noteworthy, it gets the job done.

Easily one of my favorite titles of the year, and a serious GOTY contender, IMO.

Patroclos

Banned
Electronics gather more dust when not in use?

Nah. Bad housekeeping. I took my PS4 on vacation recently so it was dust free. Oddly the WiiU had very little dust as well, the Xbox required a bit of Windex. It sits by itself over to the side of the entertainment center.

Don't judge me, it was the third console released! The other spots were already taken!

I'm only four hours in and it's astonishing how much there is to do.
- Time trials
- Skill challenges
- Side missions
- Story missions that introduce new mechanics exclusively for those missions, all of them just as interesting and well thought out as the main mechanics
- Collectables
- Upgradable weapons
- Upgradable buffs
- Character upgrades through badges earned through regular play
- Unlockable outfits
- An impressive variety of enemies that are truly different from each other in core ways
- A shit ton of the aforementioned variety of enemies

And that's not even discussing the actual core gameplay, which links traversal to shooting AND combining attack types to increase damage.

This game is so so so so many things, literally. But it is never boring or monotonous for even a second.

Top Bottom