• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

iiicon

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the game included with the Sunset Overdrive bundle? My game doesn't appear anywhere on my console after I entered the code. I just chatted with someone from Microsoft Support and they say it's a "known issue" but I don't see anyone else here with the same problem as me.

I'm only four hours in and it's astonishing how much there is to do.
- Time trials
- Skill challenges
- Side missions
- Story missions that introduce new mechanics exclusively for those missions, all of them just as interesting and well thought out as the main mechanics
- Collectables
- Upgradable weapons
- Upgradable buffs
- Character upgrades through badges earned through regular play
- Unlockable outfits
- An impressive variety of enemies that are truly different from each other in core ways
- A shit ton of the aforementioned variety of enemies

And that's not even discussing the actual core gameplay, which links traversal to shooting AND combining attack types to increase damage.

This game is so so so so many things, literally. But it is never boring or monotonous for even a second.

I need this goddamn game. D:

We all needed this goddamn game. So glad this was made.

I'm so glad it delivered. I fell in love with from the first trailer but it could have gone a different way.

But to play it and have more fun than I'd imagined and to see it have such a positive response from people, it's so rad.

It's so great to see something so enthusiastic and uncynical do this well and turn out this great.

I'm actually just sitting on the "accept quest" screen, since there's this track playing and it's got this hypnotic drum piece. Game's soundtrack is really quite good.

derFeef

Is there a simple way to "drop" from a grind? I have problems collecting toilet paper ;)

I'm so glad it delivered. I fell in love with from the first trailer but it could have gone a different way.

But to play it and have more fun than I'd imagined and to see it have such a positive response from people, it's so rad.

It's so great to see something so enthusiastic and uncynical do this well and turn out this great.

Well, hopefully it does well. We need more games like this. Also hope the DLC is really good.

Is there a simple way to "drop" from a grind? I have problems collecting toilet paper ;)

Well, hopefully it does well. We need more games like this. Also hope the DLC is really good.

Eh... not really an easy way to grab the toiler paper, no. What I do is drop into a hanging grind, then jump off it. There's a bit of timing involved, still.

Dear Points Challenge #1...I don't like you very much...lol

It's easy enough to do once you figure it out but if you're still getting used to the controls it can be a tad frustrating. Oh well, I got the gold now so it's ok. Like others have said there are tons of things to do outside of the main story. You'll very rarely not be doing something while you play considering that basically everything you do counts for something.

TheOddOne

kttcoliwhoo

sangreal

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the game included with the Sunset Overdrive bundle? My game doesn't appear anywhere on my console after I entered the code. I just chatted with someone from Microsoft Support and they say it's a "known issue" but I don't see anyone else here with the same problem as me.

I assumed you checked the purchase library (Far right in my games and apps)? The solution to most xbox one problems is to hard reset the console -- hold power button down for 10 seconds or so until it turns off. This sounds more like an account thing though. Would just keep asking support until you get a better answer

I had the same problem. Turns out, I'm just stupid (not saying you are). I only scratched off enough of the code area to display one code, and it was the Day One extras code. Took me a good hour to figure out there's a second code higher up in the silver box that you have to expose. That code is for the game.

RobbieNick

Buying this game at Best Buy today has cemented that Best Buy is my new game store. Fuck GameStop. Why? (I'm about to start sounding like an ad in a sec.)

I got the Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 (on sale normally $120 a few months ago and at 20% off new games, has already paid for itself. Also, unlike Gamestop's membership card, it goes for a full 2 years.

So today I picked up the game because I preordered it there a few months back and got tons of bonuses for doing so.

20% off the game with the unlock club so the game only cost $48 (actually cheaper than that. Read on.)

Day One Edition which includes bonus DLC

Extra DLC for pre-ordering the game.

A Sunset Overdrive Baseball cap.

Overcharge energy drink can cover and....

$10 in reward points I was allowed to use ON THE GAME! Bring my total down to $38!!

Sooo...yeah. Fuck you GameStop. Hello Best Buy!

GreenFear

Banned
I just switched my characters gender to female and the game just got way more fun. The female voice actress is so much better than the male one, makes the game way more entertaining than it already was. This game is incredible.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Played 30min of it, hollyshit. This game visually looks AMAZING. and ton of fun. btw was it just me, or the installation process was way too quick? I don't know. I was playing this game in no time vs some recent games I installed on my Xbox like Ryse and Forza Horizon 2.

Anyways can't wait to play some more.

Buying this game at Best Buy today has cemented that Best Buy is my new game store. Fuck GameStop. Why? (I'm about to start sounding like an ad in a sec.)

I got the Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 (on sale normally $120 a few months ago and at 20% off new games, has already paid for itself. Also, unlike Gamestop's membership card, it goes for a full 2 years.

So today I picked up the game because I preordered it there a few months back and got tons of bonuses for doing so.

20% off the game with the unlock club so the game only cost $48 (actually cheaper than that. Read on.)

$10 in reward points I was allowed to use ON THE GAME! Bring my total down to $38!!

Yep, Best Buy is awesome. I feel like every other time I'm in there for a game, I get $5 or $10 knocked off lol. They also seem to stock up more on special editions than most places.

Seiru

Banned
I had the same problem. Turns out, I'm just stupid (not saying you are). I only scratched off enough of the code area to display one code, and it was the Day One extras code. Took me a good hour to figure out there's a second code higher up in the silver box that you have to expose. That code is for the game.

Oh my god that is so stupid. Just spent an hour trying to figure out where my game was.

There's like no indication that there's two codes underneath the scratch off, and the DLC code is dead center.

They gave you a baseball cap? I got the can coozie, but no baseball cap.

And they let you use a reward certificate that hadn't been issued yet? What?

iiicon

oh god no, imply away. I completely missed that. I was wondering why the scratch area was so big. I just scratched in the middle and entered the code in there - I'm pretty sure I saw the words 'Sunset Overdrive Digital Day One Edition' in there too. Thanks a million for sharing in my stupidity!

Oh my god that is so stupid. Just spent an hour trying to figure out where my game was.

There's like no indication that there's two codes underneath the scratch off, and the DLC code is dead center.

Welcome to my club! I was rebooting the console, went on the web site, tried downloading other things to try kicking it off...I was stumped. Then it just hit me...they wouldn't have separate codes for the game and the extra content, would they? Sure enough.

Somehow I managed to get an undergrad degree in electrical engineering...

WGMBY

I'm glad that the general consensus seems to be positive. After Fuse, Insomniac really needed a hit. They're a great developer and I'm glad they'll get to keep making awesome games.

oh god no, imply away. I completely missed that. I was wondering why the scratch area was so big. I just scratched in the middle and entered the code in there - I'm pretty sure I saw the words 'Sunset Overdrive Digital Day One Edition' in there too. Thanks a million for sharing in my stupidity!

We number in the threes!

splattered

Yep, Best Buy is awesome. I feel like every other time I'm in there for a game, I get $5 or $10 knocked off lol. They also seem to stock up more on special editions than most places.

My wife and I drank the Best Buy Kool-Aid last year with all the major games that came out... pricing was great but it was a HUGE headache trying to get the DLC codes to print out, make sure we got all our bonuses, make sure the bonus points were actually showing up online... etc etc

This year we didn't feel it was worth it so we went back to Amazon/Gamestop for our games.

Patroclos

Banned

Good luck getting through life without Game Informer you poor misguided sap!! LOL!

Kidding!

RobbieNick

They gave you a baseball cap? I got the can coozie, but no baseball cap.

And they let you use a reward certificate that hadn't been issued yet? What?

Yeah. I don't get it either. Unless it was previous rewards points sitting in my account, but I thought I used them all. I do know you get $10 in Rewards points for pre-ordering, but usually, you have to spend it later.

XxCGSxX

Posting this here again:
Anyone knows if I need Xbl Gold for clips to appear in my profile after choosing game dvr and selecting how many minutes I want to record? I can see the clip in the upload app but I can't do anything with it, can't even save them it just tells me to try again.

JambiBum

So does anyone happen to know where the smartphone in this clip is? I can't seem to find it no matter where I look in that area. I have a feeling I'm missing something really simple.

Top Bottom