• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

My wife and I drank the Best Buy Kool-Aid last year with all the major games that came out... pricing was great but it was a HUGE headache trying to get the DLC codes to print out, make sure we got all our bonuses, make sure the bonus points were actually showing up online... etc etc

This year we didn't feel it was worth it so we went back to Amazon/Gamestop for our games.

Oh, I definitely shop Amazon more than anywhere else, but as far as walking into a store to buy a game, Best Buy is my first choice.

E92 M3

This game truly is JSR plus Crackdown. I love the world, the comedy is funny and killing stuff is fun. My only complaints are the controls need a little getting used to and the music is so-so. Besides that, game is great fun!

I guess there is a glitch with the vouchers because I cannot download the game even though I used the code.

Edit: IGNORE ME THERE WERE TWO CODES!

Game is fun as hell. My favorite thing of this short generation. Insomniac is back!

I feel like I am twelve again. Playing Sega games with rad music and gameplay.

abadguy

Banned
Just spending time getting used to the controls and traversal. The grinding clicked with me right away, but i am still getting used to the other moves. About an hour in. Loving this game so far it is VERY JSR. down to the floating spray cans aka Overcharge cans that enemies drop. Grinding and shooting is fun as hell when i really get going and building my meter.

Game looks great as well, loving the art style. Hate that i have to work tomorrow so i could only play a bit before i have to go to bed. Luckily i got this weekend off to really get into it!

Qwell

Am I the only one not feeling this game? Played for about 40 minutes so far...and this game kind of makes me feel old. It goes so fast and the HUD is soooo busy I can't tell where I'm supposed to go or what to shoot at times. You need to keep your combo meter up but I feel like I can't pause for a second. Already died about 3 times before even finishing the tutorial where you need to fend off the waves after meeting Floyd.

Definitely need to spend some more time with it, but yeesh... maybe I'm just too used to fighting on the ground, the fast drive by aiming / shooting might just be too much for me.

blakep267

I guess either Ive been watching too many twitch videos or Im just a gaming genius, but I was able to jump right in and start grinding. The controls were super easy.

Also I spent way too much time customizing my character. I wish they had a skin tone slider though. I found a cool face that I wanted but the skin tone was off

Only gotten to play for a couple hours but so far I'm really impressed.

I can say without any doubt that this is the most fun I've had just moving from place to place in a game. Insomniac absolutely nailed the traversal aspect of the game.

Noobcraft

Buying this game at Best Buy today has cemented that Best Buy is my new game store. Fuck GameStop. Why? (I'm about to start sounding like an ad in a sec.)

I got the Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 (on sale normally $120 a few months ago and at 20% off new games, has already paid for itself. Also, unlike Gamestop's membership card, it goes for a full 2 years.

So today I picked up the game because I preordered it there a few months back and got tons of bonuses for doing so.

20% off the game with the unlock club so the game only cost $48 (actually cheaper than that. Read on.)

Day One Edition which includes bonus DLC

Extra DLC for pre-ordering the game.

A Sunset Overdrive Baseball cap.

Overcharge energy drink can cover and....

$10 in reward points I was allowed to use ON THE GAME! Bring my total down to $38!!

Sooo...yeah. Fuck you GameStop. Hello Best Buy!
I also picked this up at Best Buy today and signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked for $30 with their new sale on it. It's practically a steal for $30 for 2 years, and as long as I buy 2 more titles in the next 2 years it pays itself off. It's a cool program.

Head.spawn

Fucking Gymkata reference.

I almost fell out of my seat.

tumblr_na9wdjWkMs1tdo66yo1_400.gif

Enjoying the hell out of this game so far. Between this and Wolfenstein, those are my GOTY's.

I also picked this up at Best Buy today and signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked for $30 with their new sale on it. It's practically a steal for $30 for 2 years, and as long as I buy 2 more titles in the next 2 years it pays itself off. It's a cool program.

the question is will best buy exist in 2 years. but yes gamers club is fucking awesome

E92 M3

Ever since Destiny, I am enjoying buying games digitally on the one. Someone hold me. I've always been so against full price digital, but Sunset is worth it. I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT a franchise that is designed based on some of my favorite series.

Noobcraft

Just beat it. I didn't do many collectibles and I think I'm at about 8 hours with maybe 10 deaths total. The game is fantastic. I loved the call out and the ending. I'm looking forward to putting more hours into this. It plays so well. The controls are fucking great, they nailed them. I do have one issue with the controls, I wish I could drop down from and undergrind. Other than that, I didn't think that a game could even come close to Shadow of Mordor for my GotY, but this might be that. It's just fun. Like a lot of fun, and it knows it. I hear the sidequests are better than the main, so that has me excited. Streaming if anyone wants to watch. Stream from my capture card. Gonna see if there is a new game +. If not, may just play the multiplayer.

BokehKing

Banned
First impressions

It looks OK, I expected better (commercials make it look sharper)

I keep hitting the wrong X button (so use to ps4 controller)

Controls are awkward, sure I'll be a pro after a good few hours of play though, looks like it's going to be a really fun game

Haven't really done anything in the game yet, but I had to stop by this thread and say that I absolutely love the way the game looks, art direction is top notch.

Top Bottom