• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Grisby

Ha, didn't expect the fast travel animation to be that amusing. My player is a lightweight.

Also, I really like the animation when you load back into your game and the player knocks the camera back.

Picked up the console bundle today, it's installing as we speak. I have class, hopefully when I get home it'll be finished. I'm extremely hyped to play it!

could have saved like 50 dollars if u waited 5 days. Two of my friends that were going to get the bundle, immediately went and cancelled their bundle preorders after that promo was announced.

Patroclos

Banned
As with almost every game, this comes with a few retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses (sigh). Any word of them becoming available for everyone after a while? I hate this shit.

I'd like to know this too. I bought the Day One digital edition but I still don't think it came with everything.

I bought digitally and played last night, today when I booted it up I got notifications about getting the digital extras downloaded.

Kssio_Aug

Am getting the hang of it and enjoying the game A LOT!
Now, someone tell me that later I will be able to buy that robotndog weapon! Thats a very strong one! o_O

In the beginning, I wasn't sure if Sunset Overdrive was my thing...A few hours in, I am loving it. Traversing the world really is fun and the game's personality definitely grows on you.

I will be streaming the campaign for the next 3-4 hours on Twitch. I won't be talking, it will be pure unadulterated gameplay. Like I said, it will be up for a few hours until I have to go raid in Destiny so hopefully anyone who wants to watch gets to do so over the next few hours. Thanks for watching!

www.twitch.tv/trusteereynolds

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Woah. First tie I've seen an
invisible wall
played for drama.

kept trying to keep the Invisible Wall thing secret so that scene would have some impact... also I like the billboard that's right in front of the checkpoint we start you at right after that being one of the airline ad for flying to freedom. LOL

jond76

Banned
SO is the real deal.

Fun as hell. One of the better open world games I've played in a long time.

Haven't had a chance to jump into chaos squad yet. Any one have any multiplayer impressions?

I played a little. I really like the setup. You and a squad work together to accomplish a specific task, but at the same time you compete to be the best at it. Then its over and you vote on a new task. Is quick and fun.

dreamfall

I love all the resurrections. Love me some Doctor Who references.

I feel this is important for players who live alternative lifestyles to know. The only other game I can recollect at the moment that offered this type of customization was Fable (2 and 3).

I think it's important to consider that the options aren't there to poke fun but to use this game, this character as an outlet for who a person or how a person want to express themselves. I think the team should be commended for that.

Amen to this. I saw this in the customization overview in the Gamespot video review, and I was really excited about it. To be able to express yourself how you see fit in a game without restrictions, gah that's really awesome.

Hooray Insomniac!

iZqirXPBcG5Ev.png

Ape

Banned

Just got home, this thing was pretty difficult to find in my immediate area.

I'll post pics of my sexy white console in a few mins <3

e: I don't know why it rotated. Thanks imgur

shandy706

there's so many references in the game. and most of them are so subtle/obscure/specific that if you don't know the source material, it'll go right over your head.

Is there going to be any kind of write-up covering all these little easter eggs?

Would be awesome.

I've played quite a few games this year but this one is a definite contender for my Game of the Year.
I have to decide between Sunset and Smash

The humor is excellent, the art style is a matchmade in heaven for the style the traversal is impeccable, the weapons are fanfuckingtastic. And Chaos Mode is just so much fun.

Definitely in my top 3 for games released this year and definitely my favorite new IP to launch.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bundles are in stock at best buy for in store pickup. Just ordered one. Seems to be available at most stores.

Edit:
They will price match themselves. So just take your receipt back next Sunday to get your 50 dollars back.

how do I just delete my character and start a new game? I don't want to create a new gamer profile just for a new game.

also do you get a lot tougher? seems those guys with guns knock your health down very quickly

I looked around while shopping and could not find this for sale(places like Walmart and Target). I'm bummed.

I guess I need to go to an actual electronics store.

I love the weapon amps (and just generally how similar it feels to Diablo 3's rune system). It really makes playing the game your own way really fun instead of a multitude of predetermined paths.

Strangely enough, I get an odd satisfaction from the pistol + stun amp combo, especially for the bigger dudes.

That was the worst part of the game for me so far.

I had the game preloaded. Game unlocked at 12:04 EST instead of 12:01 EST. The pain was unbearable...

how do I just delete my character and start a new game? I don't want to create a new gamer profile just for a new game.

also do you get a lot tougher? seems those guys with guns knock your health down very quickly

From what I recall, in "My Games & Apps", highlight the game, press Menu/Start then Manage Game. There should be a Saved Data section. Press Menu on it and then Delete.

As for the difficulty, amps and other power-ups help a ton, as well as knowing which weapons to use against each enemy type. Of course, using traversal heavily is going to help the most since you build up your style meter that way. And keep an eye out for health crates. If you run around on the ground, you quite quickly can get killed.

Is there a way to just delete my save for this game without deleting ALL my saves for all games?

I really hate how Xbox One handles this, sometimes I just want to delete my saves to start a game with a new character (eg Dead Rising 3 you become super OP by level 50)

Sunset overdrive is another annoying game that doesnt let you just start again or pick between characters (without creating gamer profiles).

One question about the style & amp system - is the traversal the only way to unlock your amps? Or do kills or kill-chains work into it as well? And in terms of traversal style, is it as much about variety as repetition? Are skill-chains all about mixing up different moves, or can you say get one by jumping across three cars in a row?

There's usually so much happening on-screen that I really haven't gotten the chance to closely examine the game's UI widgets.

From what I recall, in "My Games & Apps", highlight the game, press Menu/Start then Manage Game. There should be a Saved Data section. Press Menu on it and then Delete.

As for the difficulty, amps and other power-ups help a ton, as well as knowing which weapons to use against each enemy type. Of course, using traversal heavily is going to help the most since you build up your style meter that way. And keep an eye out for health crates. If you run around on the ground, you quite quickly can get killed.

Ah thanks so much!

That drove me crazy with dead rising 3

Muffdraul

Taking way too long to dl, at this rate I'll have to wait 3 more hours and I have a fast connection :/

Took me about three days to download Halo MCC. "You could pay us a million dollars and we wouldn't be able to give you faster internet." Fuck you, AT&T U-verse. Improve your infrastructure!

Broke down and bought the digital version.

I was going to hold off for a bit, but the gushing impressions and the JSR/Crackdown comparisons made it impossible to resist.

Skyzard

Banned
Glad to hear the game is good. I'm tempted to purchase an xbox just for this.

I'm eyeing it too. I probably would have given in if I didn't blow all my money recently.

Kinda dicky that the UK bundle (which is £350/$565) doesn't come with the disc but you have to download 40GB. Connections aren't brilliant generally here, you'd think with a bundle they deserve to have the game. Anyway.

One question about the style & amp system - is the traversal the only way to unlock your amps? Or do kills or kill-chains work into it as well? And in terms of traversal style, is it as much about variety as repetition? Are skill-chains all about mixing up different moves, or can you say get one by jumping across three cars in a row?

There's usually so much happening on-screen that I really haven't gotten the chance to closely examine the game's UI widgets.

I haven't observed it too closely myself but I believe that chaining together different styles boosts your skill chain quicker but you can maintain your existing skill chain simply by doing the same thing again and again (e.g. grinding in a square while shooting enemies).

As for your first question, do you mean the badges? Those are both traversal and kill related. If you mean the weapon amps, you can buy those if you have sufficient parts for them.

As for your first question, do you mean the badges? Those are both traversal and kill related. If you mean the weapon amps, you can buy those if you have sufficient parts for them.
Yeah, I still meant style and skill and amps. I just never look over at the style meter and combos - I'm too busy to shift my gaze to the top right of the screen so I have no idea if its telling me the answers to everything I just asked ;p

I like that its obvious on your character when your combo meter goes up without having to refer to any other UI elements.

Top Bottom