• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Giggzy

So is there any reason at all for using High Fidelity when you have Nothin' but the hits?

I feel like I'm just spliting the XP between two practically identical weapons.

They use separate ammo, so until you have enough weapons to replace High Fidelity on the Gun Wheel I would continue using it!

Megasoum

Banned
Nah. They're entirely identical, but Nothing' But The Hits is higher damage.

Not that that's saying much.

I just noticed that they don't share ammo so it basically doubles the ammo. Considering I'm always out of ammo I guess I'll keep using both for a little while.

Edit: Yeah, what he said lol

I kinda blew through the story missions lol loved every minute of it. Easily my GOTY, taking the spot South Park held on to since its release. Now time for side quests and chaos mode.

Is there any way to see the high points and eavesdropping locations on the map? They are in the legend but don't seem to show up. Unsure if I have to do a certain side quest or something.

You can buy maps for tagging, high points, and eavesdropping once you've found your first of each. Things to look for:

Tagging - It'll be a white billboard with something like "Your ad here -FizzCo".

High Point - You're looking for those freestanding binoculars that you would see around attractions that you pop a couple quarters in for sightseeing.

Eavesdropping - If you've done the mission where you hack a radio tower it's essentially the same thing. Look for radio towers and they should have a terminal near the base. That's what you go to and hack.

Munkyspace

I must've missed it, what was it?

Don't click on the spoiler if you haven't finished the game! DO NOT CLICK!

Once your character walks into the screen during the fake credits being all "That's the ending? Are you kidding me?", after that he says "NeoGAF is going to eat you alive" and comes up with the real ending.

GoodlifeX

Dang I want to play this game but the promotional code I got with the white bundle only downloaded the game for a minute and stopped. I have spent about 4 hours on the phone with Xbox support talking various reps that didn't know what they were doing or kept telling me to reset my system. I even had one rep hang up on me from what I can only assume is frustration. I have someone working on it now but a pretty damn frustrating experience.

I bought the system for Halo but I thought i would pick up the bundle for a bonus game...awful first impression of the Xbox One so far.

Giggzy

No game has made my eyes water this badly in a long, LONG, time. Not because of the humor (which is pretty great imo), but because I'm having so much fun navigating through the city that I'm not blinking >< I can't let my eyes rest for a second, that style combo chain is super important! :)

Murray97

You can buy maps for tagging, high points, and eavesdropping once you've found your first of each. Things to look for:

Tagging - It'll be a white billboard with something like "Your ad here -FizzCo".

High Point - You're looking for those freestanding binoculars that you would see around attractions that you pop a couple quarters in for sightseeing.

Eavesdropping - If you've done the mission where you hack a radio tower it's essentially the same thing. Look for radio towers and they should have a terminal near the base. That's what you go to and hack.

Ah okay thanks.

Just finished collecting everything except Eavesdropping and High Points, so I'm going to do that now.

Is the hair style from the game play reveal still in the game?
Sunset-OVerdrive-2.jpg

So give or take... how many hours into the story until you unlock air dash?

4 at the most I'd say.

Also, finally tried chaos squad and it's fun. I really like the mix of co-op and competitive with getting to objectives first and such. And the on screen action with 8 players in night defense is stunning. The number of particles, explosions, enemies, and lack of any real framerate drops is incredibly impressive.

This game just keeps on giving. I have only a couple of story missions left and basically every story mission has a bunch of unique stuff/encounters. Even the side quests, while they are all basically fetch quests, they are full of new dialogue, cutscenes, storylines, jokes. It is so surprising how much stuff there is to do and get.

Netprints

I found a collectable but it was very odd. It was stick figure art on a building. It told me to hit y on it so I did. It doesn't appear in my collectable list. I will try to find it again to take a picture of it. Any one else found this or similar?

ooteeni

Just got the game, disc version fully installed. Its stuck just loading just after you select your profile. Skull just blinking bottom right corner. Anyone else had that. Restarted it, but unable to uninstall it.

Just watched IGN's review discussion on the game...I agree with some of the things they said, in particular how this game is kind of like an old 80s-90s game with the skill based traversal. I compare this to something like Assassin's Creed where movement is mostly automatic. In this game you really have to control your character well to get the most 'fun' out of traversal. It's a breath of fresh air and I'm glad Insomniac Games had the balls to go with a more 'difficult' control scheme. It makes it more enjoyable when you learn how to play it right.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/3...sion?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Unicorn

I'm so tempted to just chip in and make a friend buy this game (that has an XBone). But, this semester of school is FUCKING INSANE and I have no free time to play... So, I guess I would end up waiting until mid-December anyway.

Buh. It looks so cool though.

Giggzy

Anyone want to start a party for a few games of chaos squad? My XBL is FrsDvll

Thanks for the invite (I'm GetsumfrumE)! I only had time for one round as I need to get to bed :( I was ahead of you right until the very end! You just squeaked by me by 1000 points or so :p

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This game man, this game.

Hhoooollllyyy. Shit.

Every mission has just been top notch. Online play is a blast too, though I clearly need to get some better amps for weapons and my character. Invested heavily in style over drives and that is paying crazy dividends.

I don't want the SP to stop but I can't put it down.

Man, I really, really want to love this game, but it's so hard. Visually, I love the game's aesthetic. I also, really love the music and the voice acting is really great. Where it falls apart to me is the combat and some of the mechanics.

It's basically just grind and bounce and shoot. Not to mention it's hard for me to discern what items are bounce-able. I keep wanting to bounce on tables and who would have thought bushes were bounce-able. Not only that, but I'm finding myself cringeing at the humour. It started out really good, pointing out silly video game tropes while doing very "game-y" missions, but the game is still doing those same missions and making quips about it isn't going to make them tolerable.

I want to like this game. I really, really do. I was excited for it. The look of the game, the pedigree of the developer, the fact it's an open world game. I just can't. I'm fighting hard to enjoy it.

Also, FUCK those tower defense missions.

so each time I complete a main story mission, it says I unlocked a side mission. Nothing shows up on my map though, anyone know what the deal is with that?

Edit: nvm, found em underneath other icons

Killer

Banned
This game man, this game.

Hhoooollllyyy. Shit.

Every mission has just been top notch. Online play is a blast too, though I clearly need to get some better amps for weapons and my character. Invested heavily in style over drives and that is paying crazy dividends.

I don't want the SP to stop but I can't put it down.

Game is crazy good. Time flies when i'm playing. Super addictive!

Top Bottom