• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Anyone run into crashing issues? I played through the intro and reached the initial fight with the Scabs, killed a few and the game crashed hard.

Was nice that the XB1 restarted the game, didn't have to reboot. I scanned the last few pages and didn't see anyone reporting anything, hopefully it was a one and done. I didn't try it again, I need to go to bed.. zzzz...

Hopefully my day one edition XB1 isn't dying, oh well at least I have warranty until Feb of 2015 if it does.

this is strictly a no dinosaurs OT.
We've had this discussion Mr. Doggy. Now Sit.
tumblr_m5u4lyjJEJ1qh502no1_500.gif

Lucent

So do you ever unlock new hairstyles? And when the hell can we get a new melee weapon? I've just gotten past the part where you
feed the ship trash and then save your friends from the Fizzco robots.
Still can only buy the baseball bat. =l

Possibly a bit premature as I'm only about halfway through the game but this is really shaping up to be my GOTY so far.

It's just nonstop fun and even just screwing around grabbing collectibles is a blast. Insomniac nailed every aspect of the game and it's exceeded my every expectation. I really can't overstate how much fun I'm having with it.

Ape

Banned
My goty too. played a bunch of chaos squad and ill second that I need better guns and amps to challenge some of these other players. Here is my dude.

Tried to do what was recommended to get the season pass content to work, but it isn't showing. I'll deal with it later, honestly I'm just having too much fun to worry about it right now.

Let me see what some of your characters look like

e: I closed my game and restarted it now the outfits are showing! ok it looks good. Knew it would sort itself out.

Mdk7

I can't seem to get into online, my NAT is open but it never works. Also can't take invites :(
Same thing here, but i managed to get invited once two days ago.
anyway, if i enter a Chaos Booth basically the game goes on and on searching for a match, without ever finding one.
Nat is open, been playing games online on One since day one. :(

So do you ever unlock new hairstyles? And when the hell can we get a new melee weapon? I've just gotten past the part where you
feed the ship trash and then save your friends from the Fizzco robots.
Still can only buy the baseball bat. =l

This is what I'm wondering too. I'm loving the customization, I would like some new hair styles.

Lucent

My goty too. played a bunch of chaos squad and ill second that I need better guns and amps to challenge some of these other players. Here is my dude.

Tried to do what was recommended to get the season pass content to work, but it isn't showing. I'll deal with it later, honestly I'm just having too much fun to worry about it right now.

Let me see what some of your characters look like

e: I closed my game and restarted it now the outfits are showing! ok it looks good. Knew it would sort itself out.

My character at the moment.

Just beat and did every side mission as I went. For those that might be curious I counted up the total missions:

Main story:
(I don't recall seeing the last mission show up when I went through the list but that could have been me simply overlooking it)
Side missions:

I don't imagine I'll get any more side missions unless they can somehow trigger from reaching some other milestones but as long as they simply unlock with story missions and completing other side missions that should be everything.

Now just 48 challenges to get gold medals. And collecting everything.

One thing I thought was peculiar that with leveling weapons similar to Ratchet and Clank you don't get close to leveling them nearly as much as you do in that series. By the end of the game and doing all those missions I had two weapons at level 5 and I believe around six I never even used once (three I still haven't purchased). I would imagine this is due to relying on grinding out a bunch of that by playing online but I still expected to max out the level on at least five or more weapons by the end.

Excellent, feels about 95% of them have been so far.

Without spoiling too much what other quest types are there?

There's the night defense missions where you set traps and protect vats. There's others that have you defending something (people/things) sort of similar to the night defense missions but without the traps and usually a fair bit simpler. There's bosses. A few that rely on simply causing destruction or kill counts. I'm being fairly vague here but there's definitely some variety in the mission types. Starts heavy with fetch quests, though.

Lucent

That mission with
Excalamune
was awesome! It gave me some very Scott Pilgrim vs The World vibes! Glad I finally got a new melee weapon, too.

Man I really would like this game to get more missions beyond whatever DLC they got planned. Def need a sequel or something. First open world game where I've not felt bored by any of the missions at all and just want to keep doing stuff.

So is there anywhere at all I can snag the SSO Xbone bundle in the US without having to go through a scalper? Are these bundles truly "limited"? I'm afraid, guys. I get paid again on the 7th, but I feel like it might be too late by then. D:

Mdk7

That mission with
Excalamune
was awesome! It gave me some very Scott Pilgrim vs The World vibes! Glad I finally got a new melee weapon, too.

Man I really would like this game to get more missions beyond whatever DLC they got planned. Def need a sequel or something. First open world game where I've not felt bored by any of the missions at all and just want to keep doing stuff.

Same here, i am searching for all the collectlibles just because it's so damn fun to surf around.
I wish i could play Chaos Squad. :(

rrc1594

So is there anywhere at all I can snag the SSO Xbone bundle in the US without having to go through a scalper? Are these bundles truly "limited"? I'm afraid, guys. I get paid again on the 7th, but I feel like it might be too late by then. D:

I'll think you'll be okay amazon has some in stock right now.

I'll think you'll be okay amazon has some in stock right now.

I'm only seeing the kind of overpriced ones right now. I see that Best Buy has them in stock, but I'm holding out for Amazon to get more because of Prime...

Just hoping that the people who really wanted to get the bundle have already gotten it and there will still be some one shelves for poor people like me.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
My pre-order was listed as "Ready for pickup" yesterday so I raced my ass over to the gamestore, did a powerslide into the store right up to the counter and screamed "I PREORDERED SUNSET OVERDRIVE SO GIVE ME MY COPY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and the cashier sayeth onto me:

"no"

Baffled and flabbergasted, I was taken aback. "What do you mean; 'no'?"
"I don't have any copies, haven't gotten any."
"Bubububububububububububububut.... 'ready for pickup'. It says so right here." I said with my best impression of an adorable kitten putting on puppy-eyes.
"Yeah, sorry buddy, I'll call the main office to see what's up."

Time passed as he called with the wizards up in the tower, controlling the texts that appear on the internets, and eventually he came back and sayeth: "no".
"No?"
"The copies have arrived at the main office, and are getting ready for distribution as we speak, but the dude responsible for logging them pushed a wrong button."
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaand nooooooooooooooooooooow?"
"Now we wait."
"Wait?"
"Wait."
"For what?"
"Copies to arrive. I'll have them 31st of october. If Microsoft gives us the OK, we can start handing them out tomorrow, but don't count on it."
"So friday shallst be the day of awesomesauce?"
"Yes."
"Glorious tidings young man!"

And away I went, slightly dissapointed, yet fulfilled with hope.

MaxiLive

Dammit!!!! I hate the stupid future of downloadable games :p

I've just got my white Xbox One in the mail, claim the code for Sunset Overdrive (the only game I have) wait 1 hour+ for it to do whatever its doing... BAM!!! I can't play due to it not being out in the UK until tomorrow FFFFFFFFFFFFF....

Ah well, there goes all my new console hype >.<

Beloree

Neo Member
Dammit!!!! I hate the stupid future of downloadable games :p

I've just got my white Xbox One in the mail, claim the code for Sunset Overdrive (the only game I have) wait 1 hour+ for it to do whatever its doing... BAM!!! I can't play due to it not being out in the UK until tomorrow FFFFFFFFFFFFF....

Ah well, there goes all my new console hype >.<

Go to your console setting, change region to US, reset your console then you can play the game now.

Having read this thread I'm buying an Xbone to complete the current gen Trilogy. Does anyone think we're likely to see the November price reduction in the UK? Have we already had it? I've found the white SO bundle for about £310 (although it's out of stock). I'm guessing other retailers may have it at that price imminently too or is that wishful thinking?

def sim

The humor in this has been surprising me. I was expecting it to be a bit grating with breaking the fourth wall or constant memes and references, but what I've seen so far has just been the goofiest thing. I'm finding it endearing how earnest it is with the silliness.

So far, I think it's very cute and the gameplay is just fantastic. Especially now that I've unlocked the air dash and dive bomb super jump.

I'm kinda surprised many people are jumping in to getting an XB1 because of SO. not saying SO is a system seller, but I'm surprised it's getting attention from many people who still don't own the system

tsef

Hi guys,

I managed to get my hands on a sunset bundle today, but the game is supposed to unlock tonight a 0h01 in my country. Is there a way to unnlock the game early ?

Thanks

I'm only seeing the kind of overpriced ones right now. I see that Best Buy has them in stock, but I'm holding out for Amazon to get more because of Prime...
I wanted to get the bundle from Amazon, as I have a bunch of Amazon credit, but after them selling out I wasn't going to chance it anywhere else. I wound up going with Best Buy, even though it's a retailer I really can't stand.

I'm kinda surprised many people are jumping in to getting an XB1 because of SO. not saying SO is a system seller, but I'm surprised it's getting attention from many people who still don't own the system
It's the one-two knockout punch of Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection that has finally gotten me to spring on the One.

i'm having fun with SO. It's so colorful! The graphics look really great. The aliasing caused by the resolution is the only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb from time to time. I haven't had as much time to play it as I've wanted, but I am looking to open the throttle on it this weekend.

Murray97

J
Now just 48 challenges to get gold medals. And collecting everything.

One thing I thought was peculiar that with leveling weapons similar to Ratchet and Clank you don't get close to leveling them nearly as much as you do in that series. By the end of the game and doing all those missions I had two weapons at level 5 and I believe around six I never even used once (three I still haven't purchased). I would imagine this is due to relying on grinding out a bunch of that by playing online but I still expected to max out the level on at least five or more weapons by the end.

I'd suggest doing the challenges in a way that you can remember as I need to get gold on 5 more and its really annoying since it doesn't let you see what you've already done.

After finishing the main story and collecting 95% of things I have 4 weapons at level 5 and 1 at level 4.

Its gonna be a bit of a grind them to level 5 but so will be getting 15k OD kills.

Top Bottom