• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

My character is bad ass.

My character is super boring, but coupled with the female VO, video game waifu confirmed.

'Bout four hours in and really having a fun time with it, got the air dash not to long ago and zipping around the city is a blast now. Still not great at the combat, I just kind of zip around in a circle spamming the weapons with no real plan, and I still haven't really grasped amps yet.

I've only played about an hour so far but I'm really liking this game. I really like both it's use of bright colors and the feel of the movement.

derFeef

I mean I definitely have some stuff like clothing, but the DLC weapons haven't appeared yet for me. I'm still relatively early in the game so I assume they unlock later throughout the game.

Weapons: 1 extra weapon and Melee weapon skins, they won't appear outside of the Customization screen.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
if stuff isn't appearing for you once you do reach the vanity vendor and check your customization screen (be sure to use the shoulder bumpers to change pages too)...

hit home -> menu button -> quit game
menu button -> manage game -> uninstall / reinstall the content that's missing.
restart the game.

seems to do the trick, sometimes people are starting the game before DLC is downloaded and installed.

I mean I definitely have some stuff like clothing, but the DLC weapons haven't appeared yet for me. I'm still relatively early in the game so I assume they unlock later throughout the game.

When you go to "Manage Game" to see what files are installed for the game do you see the DLC as installed? Once you get to the clothes vendor they should show up when you click "Customize" and not "Vendor". In "Customize" select "Melee" and the DLC should be there if it's installed correctly. The "Nothin' But The Hits" gets added to your inventory automatically after the mission where you get the "High Fidelity" weapon.

Nodnol

Like a few, it seems, I've only played about an hour.

Very intrigued so far. I like the humour, the references, and art style and the gameplay. To catalogue all the references would take an eternity! I've laughed out loud in appreciation quite a few times (3 sea shells made me smile!)

Excited to properly dive in.

Yuterald

Only got to play a bit last night after work. Seems cool. Long-time Insomniac fan here too. Been playing their stuff since Disruptor/Spyro days. Nothing about it is making me go "wow" or anything yet, but I'm still very early on. Humor hasn't made me cringe too much yet, but it's also not really my style. Love the flow of the traversal though and I'll definitely echo those JSR-vibes. I think I've enjoyed going for Gold ranks in the challenges so far the most. Will play more tonight, I think...

Quick question, does this game support custom soundtrack (or does Xbox One even allow that to begin with, lol!)?

zou

So what's up with the sensitivity in the game? I got it at the highest setting and during combat it still takes fucking forever to turn. Def seems faster when just running around, but near useless when fighting. Any way to adjust this?

Played Chaos Squad for the first time, a lot more varied and fun that I had imagined it would be. Rewards aren't exactly clear though. Got an upgrade for an amp and a weapon but I have no clue if they're permanent or not. The weapon I got an upgrade for just says "Boost" by it which makes me think it's temporary but there's no way to see that.

Second match I got disconnected from the servers. Really lame considering how much of a time investment each one is.

lostcauz

Are the community achievements/Challenges working for this? The percentage bar doesn't seem to be moving.

13 hours in now and I haven't finished the main story but I've completed 22 challenges so been a little side tracked. Game is awesome.

Phreaker

I decided to try the Chaos Squad for the first time. I select All Areas and matchmaking. After a min or two I canceled and tried again. It just says "Searching for a game, bro..." Does it normally take a while to join a match? (been about five minutes now and I only see me (You 1 Players)

Msmart

Neo Member
I decided to try the Chaos Squad for the first time. I select All Areas and matchmaking. After a min or two I canceled and tried again. It just says "Searching for a game, bro..." Does it normally take a while to join a match? (been about five minutes now and I only see me (You 1 Players)

Dont forget, you can press B and continue with campaign and it'll bring you into a session automatically when you're matched

statham

if stuff isn't appearing for you once you do reach the vanity vendor and check your customization screen (be sure to use the shoulder bumpers to change pages too)...

hit home -> menu button -> quit game
menu button -> manage game -> uninstall / reinstall the content that's missing.
restart the game.

seems to do the trick, sometimes people are starting the game before DLC is downloaded and installed.

I 'copy' the DLC over to the internal drive from external and then did a cold-boot, that fixed it for me. I didnot start the game before the DLC downloaded, so I wonder if its people who are using an external drive that might be the issue?

Phreaker

Dont forget, you can press B and continue with campaign and it'll bring you into a session automatically when you're matched

I did that. Eventually it said it failed to join over my screen covering the action and I could not get it to go away. It said press B to make it go away, but that just made me do a melee attack that I couldn't see. I had to quit and restart the game.

Played Chaos Squad for the first time, a lot more varied and fun that I had imagined it would be. Rewards aren't exactly clear though. Got an upgrade for an amp and a weapon but I have no clue if they're permanent or not. The weapon I got an upgrade for just says "Boost" by it which makes me think it's temporary but there's no way to see that.

Second match I got disconnected from the servers. Really lame considering how much of a time investment each one is.

I actually didnt really like it until I got to do some Night Defence stuff which was hella fun but before that it wasnt what I expected and we did the objectives quite quickly, I was a bit disappointed.

But as I said, the night defence was kick ass

I did that. Eventually it said it failed to join over my screen covering the action and I could not get it to go away. It said press B to make it go away, but that just made me do a melee attack that I couldn't see. I had to quit and restart the game.

This was happening to me last night... I hard booting d my console and it worked today.

I actually didnt really like it until I got to do some Night Defence stuff which was hella fun but before that it wasnt what I expected and we did the objectives quite quickly, I was a bit disappointed.

But as I said, the night defence was kick ass

I just wasn't expecting there to be little mini competitions throughout. That was something I thought was really enjoyable. Having competitions between players while they all work toward a common objective was really fun. I also liked racing to the mission start, I thought it was cool that they called out who got their first, second and third.

Also, as a follow up to the reward stuff. Seems like amp upgrades are permanent. Weapon upgrades don't actually level up your weapon but they give it increased damage and it gains experience quite a bit faster. No clue how long the boost lasts though but that seems like it's going to be the easiest way to upgrade weapons that you don't use much.

Megasoum

Banned
So is there any reason at all for using High Fidelity when you have Nothin' but the hits?

I feel like I'm just spliting the XP between two practically identical weapons.

So is there any reason at all for using High Fidelity when you have Nothin' but the hits?

I feel like I'm just spliting the XP between two practically identical weapons.

Nah. They're entirely identical, but Nothing' But The Hits is higher damage.

Not that that's saying much.

Top Bottom