• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Yes, yes, YES!

It's so damn fun.

I also think it's a game that keeps getting better and better as you play it. I don't know if it's the way the game is structured, or if it has something to do with acquiring a better grasp of the mechanics, but the game has gone from "Yeah, this is pretty cool" to "I'll eat dinner later! LEAVE ME ALONE."

Do it.

If you enjoyed Crackdown/JSRF/Tony Hawk I don't know that I could recommend it more.

Welp never played JSRF (Jet Set Radio right?), and wasn't a big Tony Hawk fan back in the day, but I loved Crackdown. I also get DR3 and Infamous vibes from the twitch streams I've watched.

Last game I was on the fence about was Forza Horizon 2 because I'm not really into racers, but I did it and I LOVE that game. I think I'm gonna do it...

I also think it's a game that keeps getting better and better as you play it. I don't know if it's the way the game is structured, or if it has something to do with acquiring a better grasp of the mechanics, but the game has gone from "Yeah, this is pretty cool" to "I'll eat dinner later! LEAVE ME ALONE."

Yup, couldn't agree more.

I skipped dinner last night as I was too engrossed in exploring the game world and finding the Fizzle balloons, TP and signs.

Speaking of the signs, I can't seem to figure out how to get them. Anyone know?

Also, fuck you Xbox, Record That.

I had an epic traversal I wanted to show off, said Xbox, record that as soon as I hit the ground and it only captures the first five seconds of the traversal. The rest is BS with me standing around admiring the scenery.

GAH.

"It's all in how you look at it. You tell yourself you gonna have a good time, you'll have a good time. AM I RIGHT?!!

...but seriously those motherfucking OD will tear you apart be careful."

STILL laughing from that shit

madp0k

I skipped dinner last night as I was too engrossed in exploring the game world and finding the Fizzle balloons, TP and signs.

I had an epic traversal I wanted to show off, said Xbox, record that as soon as I hit the ground and it only captures the first five seconds of the traversal. The rest is BS with me standing around admiring the scenery.

GAH.

Did you take a screenshot?

Too soon? Too soon

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Sorry, one more question that I'm sure was already answered thirty pages back: pre-order bonus weapons? Where are they? I installed them from the XB1 store but can't track them down.

Thanks!

Did you take a screenshot?

Too soon? Too soon

It's cool. I won't be so easily baited.

Nope...

xp8sQX2.gif

Man, the comic collector missions are actually pretty dark.

Sorry, one more question that I'm sure was already answered thirty pages back: pre-order bonus weapons? Where are they? I installed them from the XB1 store but can't track them down.

Thanks!

If you mean the melee weapons, they're in the clothing customization options. You'll need to get to the pizza parlor first.

Thanks!

Vendors. I got the hammer from the clothes vendor in the arcade. Not sure where to go to get the greatest hits though...

GAH.
Wallrun through them!

Xbox, record that is pretty much the only option unless you have a capture card or are willing to ghetto it and use your phone.

Be warned though, xbox, record that doesn't work nearly as well as it should in this game. I'm so bitter of it not capturing my amazing traversal skills.

Xbox, record that is pretty much the only option unless you have a capture card or are willing to ghetto it and use your phone.

Be warned though, xbox, record that doesn't work nearly as well as it should in this game. I'm so bitter of it not capturing my amazing traversal skills.

But then how do I get a screenshot? Do I seriously need to upload it to OneDrive and then take a screencap from the video?

Yeesh

But then how do I get a screenshot? Do I seriously need to upload it to OneDrive and then take a screencap from the video?

Yeesh

Pretty much. That's why I'm so peeved that the feature wasn't ready for this game. There's been a ton of stuff I've wanted to screenshot...damn you, Hollow Man.

Chitown B

You can use the DVR, and either view it on a web browser and capture a snapshot, or retrieve the file from onedrive and grab a frame. It's a bit tedious and won't be perfect quality, but still better than taking a photo of a TV set.
But yeah that may be the first time I wish there was a screenshot feature on the X1. :)

it's coming.

Pretty much. That's why I'm so peeved that the feature wasn't ready for this game. There's been a ton of stuff I've wanted to screenshot...damn you, Hollow Man.

Well shit. I know I take hundreds of screens on my PS4 for an individual game. I took over 300 for inFamous Second Son. Would love to be taking a bunch for this game. Damn!

I did a traversal side mission which looked like the gold medal gives a health upgrade if I am reading the icon right.

I got the gold, but I didnt see my health bar get bigger (like eg shadow of mordor does where it shows the new increment of the bar uncolored-in, then fills it so you can see how much new bar there is)

It was hard to tell if it was bigger than before since I didnt remember it exactly, is that how it works with those traversal missions? Am I increasing my health bar or have I misread the reward for traversal gold.

Also for a collect coin challenge, it appeared that I get a speed upgrade if I get gold, is that correct?

I did a traversal side mission which looked like the gold medal gives a health upgrade if I am reading the icon right.

I got the gold, but I didnt see my health bar get bigger (like eg shadow of mordor does where it shows the new increment of the bar uncolored-in, then fills it so you can see how much new bar there is)

It was hard to tell if it was bigger than before since I didnt remember it exactly, is that how it works with those traversal missions? Am I increasing my health bar or have I misread the reward for traversal gold.

Also for a collect coin challenge, it appeared that I get a speed upgrade if I get gold, is that correct?

Do you mean the heart icon? That represents body art (tattoos, paint, makeup). The shoes are footwear. Challenges reward you with customization items, not boosts.

I really dislike the map in this game.I need to collect fizzie balloons and im looking at the map and there are none on there.I have no idea where to go. I've been running around for about 20 mins looking for one and I haven't seen one yet. One more to go but I don't even know which part of the map I should be in.

I really dislike the map in this game.I need to collect fizzie balloons and im looking at the map and there are none on there.I have no idea where to go. I've been running around for about 20 mins looking for one and I haven't seen one yet. One more to go but I don't even know which part of the map I should be in.

Go to the weapon vendor. He sells a fizzie balloon map for super cheap.

JonCha

Now I've got the air dash this game has gone from okay to awesome in seconds. I can get around so quickly now: it's great.

And I just did the mission
where you chase the train.
Best mission I've done yet.

Sushigod7

Now I've got the air dash this game has gone from okay to awesome in seconds. I can get around so quickly now: it's great.

And I just did the mission
where you chase the train.
Best mission I've done yet.

That is a good one my favorite so far still
blimp fizzie

Do you mean the heart icon? That represents body art (tattoos, paint, makeup). The shoes are footwear. Challenges reward you with customization items, not boosts.

ohhhhhhh good thanks! LOL yeah would have sucked had I done them all since I dont care about that aspect. shows the power of placebo, I thought hmm that bar does look a little bigger

is there stuff to spend regular cash $ on later in the game apart from clothes/customization? It looks like the overdrive cans are what let you buy weapons, amps etc and is the more important currency for game ability progression

since playing a new game with female character this time, there is a lot of dialog that they put into this game, wasnt a trivial thing. also, great voice acting.

Has anyone got the season pass and seen any content from it? It mentions giving extra gear but I dont know if that unlocks now or only as part of doing the missions/content for the expansions.

A word of warning to anyone who buys things from Best Buy:

Never buy any downloadable content from them that doesn't have the code on the card itself. I picked up Sunset Overdrive there on Tuesday night along with the Season Pass since it was discounted when you buy the game. The code is supposed to either be printed on the receipt or mailed to you. The receipt said it would be sent to my email address but it has now been over 48 hrs and there has been no code. I've sent them some information so hopefully they can get me the code but I figured I'd warn anyone else who might consider this.

VanWinkle

I just played the story mission where you find out where that guy's parents are, and there's all kinds of platforming and stuff. I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Has anyone got the season pass and seen any content from it? It mentions giving extra gear but I dont know if that unlocks now or only as part of doing the missions/content for the expansions.

My guess is that content is going to show up with the DLC itself.

VASPER

Banned
Has anyone finished the game yet, I'm like 7 hours in and kinda feel like it could be a 12-15 hour game? I want a 20 hour game but eh.

Top Bottom