• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Pedersen

I also just bought the headset adapter, but the sound is quite low even when everything is as high as it can go. Any way to make it louder?

Truant

Just bought an X1 bundle with SO. Very disappointed that all I got was a download code, and no disc.

Glad I got both consoles, now I can rest easy.

sbrew

Banned
Yes.

I use an insane set up that involves the following:

1) Headset Adaptor
2) Astro Gaming Y Splitter (Splits the stereo signal from the mic signal)
3) The Headphone part goes to a FiooE07 Amp
4) My Audiotechnica A900x's get the sound from the amp.
5) The mic line of the splitter connects to my antlion modmic

I look like a weird nerd hobo while I play.

The definition of "law of diminishing returns".

I had a setup like that, except with the AD900 open back headphones.
Wires everywhere.

I finally gained some sanity and just use the Xbox One Stereo Headphones when I need to chat, so I need a mike and the AD900s when I'm solo, hooked right up to the controller.

The lack of cables is awesome and the seperate amp just really doesn't do much, if anything, with the headphones I'm using.

nynt9

I've encountered two errors preventing my progress. In the story mission where you defend Sam from the OD, I enter the courtyard where the game tells me to defend Sam, and I kill all the OD in the courtyard, but the quest doesn't progress. My character says something about a train but nothing happens and the objective marker is on Sam. I tried restarting several times but it keeps happening.

I then tried to do the side mission where I'm supposed to clear out the construction yard, and I did that, then I got an icon in the bottom right corner of a phone ringing, but I can't do anything about that either, and the mission isn't completing.

This is really frustrating.

Quoting myself for new page. Still can't progress through the game. Anyone got any answers?

Japarican

Banned
How long is everyone finding this to be? I can't tell how early

I beat it in 5 hours, but I only did 2-3 sidequests and 5 challenges along the way. I've done 5 more quests and probably 30 challenges by now, but I gotta study for my huge test so I don't think I'll be getting on again before CoD

I don't think I get it.

I don't get "4Kim" either…

Someone halp….

Bryllcream's joke isn't his name, it's that he chewed off his own limbs in the truck (and that nobody is willing to talk about it), and 4Kim has 4 Kims in her name (somehow).

Quoting myself for new page. Still can't progress through the game. Anyone got any answers?

Sorry man, nothing like that happened to me. Maybe shoot jstevenson a PM?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The definition of "law of diminishing returns".

I had a setup like that, except with the AD900 open back headphones.
Wires everywhere.

I finally gained some sanity and just use the Xbox One Stereo Headphones when I need to chat, so I need a mike and the AD900s when I'm solo, hooked right up to the controller.

The lack of cables is awesome and the seperate amp just really doesn't do much, if anything, with the headphones I'm using.

Yeah,

The amp may not be doing a whole lot. It's better as a DAC which I obviously am not getting anything out of.

That said, I love the audio from it so much and the modmic is super easy to use or not. I have a coffee table next to the couch where all of the wires actually live so none of them actually get near me.

Murray97

Two achievements left.

Get 20 weapons to level 5 of which I have 19 at level 5 and the Downtown Chaos Squad which I might need to do with a group as its not getting even close with randoms.

Strider

I just did the
Excalamune mission. O_O amazing. Sword missions have been great in games recently. I assume I'm close to finishing the game at this point?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Quick question, what happens when you run out of collectibles like the toilet paper? I notice I have picked up 26 of 150. But some upgrades cost 50! Is there a limited amount of upgrades you can buy with each currency?

Sorry to ask again but does anyone know the answer to this?

StoOgE

I can't say it enough...the mission/side mission structure is the best that has ever been implemented in an open world game

The mission structure had a lot of thought put into it.

They do a god job of mixing in mini-games or odd little added bits to every other mission or so. It's really nice because it feels like each is it's own experience.

The side missions are pretty fun too, and honestly most of them are good enough that they feel like they could have been main-line story missions, but they paired them off to really keep the feeling of progression going.

This game has mostly avoided the "hey, do 10 tasks for person X" feeling a lot of games have.

Loving this game, about 6 hours in now. The air dash really is a game changer, I kept thinking in the early game that it seemed odd there was no dash/double jump type of option, but then BAM there it is.

Game looks beautiful, I just want to keep taking screenshots....but I am too used to the convenience of my PS4. DAMNIT!

Really hoping the patch fixes the gamma and crushed blacks issue. Putting the brightness up makes the sky over exposed and doesn't change the shadows/blacks at all. Ugh. Xbox One is bad enough for this as it is, having an in game bug doesn't help.

Up there in my GOTY list so far.

I can't say it enough...the mission/side mission structure is the best that has ever been implemented in an open world game
Its helps that the traversal never gets old (and seems to get better the more you do it), and that the map is made up almost entirely of hostiles, which seem to disappear or patrol or recede semi-randomly. Putting the main missions and side missions on top of that base is really the way to go, otherwise most of your open world is just set dressing.

Yet another reason this game gives off Crackdown vibes - though the missions in SO have more purpose and craft to them.

Its helps that the traversal never gets old (and seems to get better the more you do it), and that the map is made up almost entirely of hostiles, which seem to disappear or patrol or recede semi-randomly. Putting the main missions and side missions on top of that base is really the way to go, otherwise most of your open world is just set dressing.

Yet another reason this game gives off Crackdown vibes - though the missions in SO have more purpose and craft to them.

So much this, I keep getting the Crackdown vibes as well. I am glad that you can go explore and feel like you don't need to worry about the enemies all the time. When I started playing I was worried it would always be a mad dash and stressful due to the number of enemies and such. But there is always time to breath and just explore.

It is pretty much my GOTY so far.

What is the best option to take screenshots in this game?

"Xbox, Record That" then upload to OneDrive for screencaps?

Fuck. I have only played this game and Titanfall on my Xbox One, so despite having it since March I am a newb with the OS.

StoOgE

With the difference that Crackdowns missions were horrible.

I love Crackdown, one of my top games of last gen (maybe the top), but the mission structure was totally non-existent.

Crackdown had a great sandbox (as does SO), but relied entirely on the fact that it's sandbox was fun for everything including boss fights and missions.

SO does a great job of giving you plenty to do in the sandbox, but also giving you structured missions that feel like the sort of things you expect from a non open world game.

mocoworm

IT'S ARRIVED !!!

WmooniQ.jpg

#hnnnnnnngh

BraXzy

You know.. I've been so wrapped up in the Sunset Overdrive ARG that I forgot I was waiting for the actual game to release here in the UK today haha!

It's a shame I won't be home till tomorrow to play it! :(

I've not had a proper look through this thread yet but the general buzz seems to be positive right? So the game is living up to expectations?

I love Crackdown, one of my top games of last gen (maybe the top), but the mission structure was totally non-existent.

Crackdown had a great sandbox (as does SO), but relied entirely on the fact that it's sandbox was fun for everything including boss fights and missions.

SO does a great job of giving you plenty to do in the sandbox, but also giving you structured missions that feel like the sort of things you expect from a non open world game.
Absolutely, 100% Though I don't think Crackdown missions were horrible - as I actually liked that they were loose and entirely free-form (ie. utterly non-existent ;p)

But yeah, SO missions feel more like a linear game without restricting you much. You'll still run into "you're leaving the mission area" warnings which are a bummer, but in every other way they've been fantastic. A nice mix of objectives and fun as hell set pieces and just new stuff.

Just finished with the Oxford preppies.

Oh my god. I could not love this game any more than I do right now.

With the difference that Crackdowns missions were horrible.

Crackdown was amazing because it lacked the proper mission structure, I wish more open world games would adopt it. Here's the world, here's your goal and now about going it however you want.

Top Bottom