• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

I love the way this wall run transfer looks.
wallturn_zps277ea5dc.png

A word of warning to anyone who buys things from Best Buy:

Never buy any downloadable content from them that doesn't have the code on the card itself. I picked up Sunset Overdrive there on Tuesday night along with the Season Pass since it was discounted when you buy the game. The code is supposed to either be printed on the receipt or mailed to you. The receipt said it would be sent to my email address but it has now been over 48 hrs and there has been no code. I've sent them some information so hopefully they can get me the code but I figured I'd warn anyone else who might consider this.

I ordered mine on Oct 27 and the code arrived in my email Oct 29

Getting a X1 soon, how's the end game for SO (if anyone beaten it)? I know for Infamous SS the end game was boring and made me put down the game. I might pick it up as a physical copy to return it (this game looks like it need to be played, the developing team deserves that) but I don't have the liberty to buy all games that look good and keep them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
holy shit. this game. so good! surprisingly, i'm finding it pretty hilarious too. i've never used "xbox record that" so much, lol

holy shit. this game. so good! surprisingly, i'm finding it pretty hilarious too. i've never used "xbox record that" so much, lol

Yeah this is the first time I have got a lot of use of Kinnect. for the same reason

Be cool if insomniac put in a photo mode like in infamous.

I dont normally care much for clothes and character customization but I love the crazy colorful combination of clothes I can put on.

jesu

My copy only just arrived from Amazon, install going at a decent pace so far!

edit- oh yeah I bought the season pass so are these two things in the game immediately

The Weapons Pack Game Add-on, which includes four deadly new weapons to augment your arsenal!

BONUS - six character outfits, two Amps and two Traps to use as soon as the game is released

and we have to wait for the campaign dlc?

Two campaign Game Add-ons that each deliver new locations to explore, stories to experience, and bosses to battle. Each of these Add-ons also includes new weapons, new Amps, a new Trap, new character outfits as well as new challenges and Chaos Squad* objectives!

Gandie

Bought the game on a whim Wednesday, download took forever thanks to my shitty 16mbit connection. About to jump in, so excited!

Chaos Squad achievements are so damn difficult. Or, more random than difficult I guess.

I've tried the factory district one a bunch and the closest I've come is 143%. Really frustrating.

BraXzy

I have a question for when I get started tomorrow. Can you change your appearance entirely after the game start? I mean everything from face to gender? Because I will probably spend an hour on the character creator alone if not lmao.

sangreal

I have a question for when I get started tomorrow. Can you change your appearance entirely after the game start? I mean everything from face to gender? Because I will probably spend an hour on the character creator alone if not lmao.

Yeah. You are not locked into anything

You can't change again until you get to the first mission hub like 45 minutes in though

How did you guys get these screens?

I used a capture card

Yup you can change everything at anytime. One of the best character creators in a longggg time.

Murray97

Getting a X1 soon, how's the end game for SO (if anyone beaten it)? I know for Infamous SS the end game was boring and made me put down the game. I might pick it up as a physical copy to return it (this game looks like it need to be played, the developing team deserves that) but I don't have the liberty to buy all games that look good and keep them.

End game as in after you have got 100% completion or after you have just finished the main story?

Grisby

The traversal in this game is so rewarding.

It kind of feels like this is what Infamous should have evolved into instead of getting rid of it's taller structures and such.

There's a good number of taller buildings in SO and I love it.

VanWinkle

One thing that struck me was there is actually a decent amount of mission variety. Not everything involves just killing other enemies. That automatically makes it a much better game than Infamous SS was. I love that there's a good amount of platforming, the traversal is great, some pretty good enemy variety, guns are fun, etc. Then there's the co-op stuff that I haven't even tried yet. So good.

arhra

It seems kinda boring to me since I don't really enjoy running around blowing stuff with no goal but I can see people still enjoying it if they like the online.

There are leaderboards for just about everything in the game (main and side missions, challenges, multiplayer, and a few general ones like longest traversal chain, biggest combo, etc), if you're into that kind of thing.

This game is so much fun. Wasn't going to pick it up yet but did because of the good word of mouth on here and I'm so glad that I did. Most fun I've had with a game in a while. Insomniac deserve this to do really well

trenken

Banned
I got the sunset bundle. Love the system itself, but I cannot get used to trying to focus on 2 things at once, pressing buttons and paying attention to grinding, WHILE also trying to focus on the enemies.

Its just incredibly awkward for me and the game isnt for me. Which is a shame because I really like the visuals, the weapons are great, the hilarious writing, but why did they also try and shoehorn tony hawk into this?

TH is great because all your doing is focusing on the environment, not also trying to do this whole other totally unrelated thing simultaneously. To me its like, "oh hey, here's a forza game, but by the way, now you need to also play solitaire while racing if you want to win. have fun!"

On the flipside though thankfully I got horizon 2 from gamefly because it is friggin great! Didnt expect much but oh man Ill be dumping many days into this.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I got the sunset bundle. Love the system itself, but I cannot get used to trying to focus on 2 things at once, pressing buttons and paying attention to grinding, WHILE also trying to focus on the enemies.

Its just incredibly awkward for me and the game isnt for me. Which is a shame because I really like the visuals, the weapons are great, the hilarious writing, but why did they also try and shoehorn tony hawk into this?

TH is great because all your doing is focusing on the environment, not also trying to do this whole other totally unrelated thing simultaneously. To me its like, "oh hey, here's a forza game, but by the way, now you need to also play solitaire while racing if you want to win. have fun!"

On the flipside though thankfully I got horizon 2 from gamefly because it is friggin great! Didnt expect much but oh man Ill be dumping many days into this.

i'm not having much trouble with it so far, but i'd recomend exploring around and just getting used to the traversal. free roam there isnt (at least so far) many bad guys to cause you much worry and you can face them to practice mixing up both once comfortable with the movement.

when it does get hectic though during missions, i generally just look for a rooftop or looping powerlines that i can stay on while shooting without worrying about movement much. use the reverse direction to avoid damage.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok so this shit is amazing so far

I got stucked in the challenges though, collecting points with perfect timing is insanely fun

Will do some more story mission and try chaos squad later

LOVE IT

How long did you play? It generally takes a couple of hours for things to really come together for most people. Before that, it's pretty overwhelming.

I have a blast with this game, but there is something about it that I feel like its missing. It might be because I'm used to normal people walking around in games like this.

I didn't notice it in Dead Rising 3 because Zedd heads were everywhere.

But in this game you feel so isolated.

But the game machanic of running around is amazing.

Noobcraft

I have a blast with this game, but there is something about it that I feel like its missing. It might be because I'm used to normal people walking around in games like this.

I didn't notice it in Dead Rising 3 because Zedd heads were everywhere.

But in this game you feel so isolated.

But the game machanic of running around is amazing.
Try Chaos squad :) its weird (and awesome!) seeing 8 people grinding and blowing things up with you.

Certinty

If this game is Microsoft's response to inFamous then they fucking nailed it. I mean I liked Second Son but this game is on a complete different level. I'm especially loving the timed checkpoint side missions, reminds me so much of the old Tony Hawk games.

Wow Chaos Squad is really fun. I like the light competitive nature of the first half quite a bit. And then the night defense, wow. The onscreen action is insanity. It is incredibly impressive how many explosions, enemies, and particle effects the game can render at once and only drop 1 or 2 frames every once and a while. The action is so chaotic I was laughing at one point. Such lunacy, love it.

Side note, I just now completed all of the side missions and story stuff after about a week of playing. It took me about 22 hours to do all of it. But I still have a good number of collectibles to get. Probably a full 24 hours to complete everything there is.

Kickz

If this game is Microsoft's response to inFamous then they fucking nailed it. I mean I liked Second Son but this game is on a complete different level. I'm especially loving the timed checkpoint side missions, reminds me so much of the old Tony Hawk games.

As a guy who has loved and beat every inFamous game this is making me want this more lol..

Wow Chaos Squad is really fun. I like the light competitive nature of the first half quite a bit. And then the night defense, wow. The onscreen action is insanity. It is incredibly impressive how many explosions, enemies, and particle effects the game can render at once and only drop 1 or 2 frames every once and a while. The action is so chaotic I was laughing at one point. Such lunacy, love it.

Add me mini, its Cosmos_Man

Manlyman12

jesu

Great game so far but I doubt I'll every be great at the traversal.
Bought myself a fizzie map, I'll spend some time collecting them and learning the ropes.
Not now though, it's hard to play drunk!

Gandie

If anyone wants to team up for Chaos Squad add me: LeadGandalf

Game is so much fun so far. I love the humor and the style. Still getting used to focussing on traversal and shooting at the same time.

This is Insomniac's response to the lack of new Jet Set Radio.

It has nothing in common with Infamous. This comparison is so silly, it needs to stop.

Top Bottom