• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

I find EDM is more fitting - also listen a lot to the JSRF soundtrack. Music in this game kills the mood.

--

Here is my character:

lRTLqg4.jpg

Booo. Down with EDM in games.

Can you go do the side missions still once you finish the main story? I'm cruising through doing the main story missions and want to come back to misc afterwards. Assuming you can?
Yeah, you can do them at any time. You can also replay them, along with any story missions, as much as you want. I wish Saints Row had that...

I find EDM is more fitting - also listen a lot to the JSRF soundtrack. Music in this game kills the mood.
As much as I love the Jet Set Radio soundtracks, I'm not sure that something like that would work with this game. The game is heavily punk rock influnced, so it makes sense to have a punk rock soundtrack.

I love the soundtrack in this game, by the way.

jesu

What do you do with the video screens when Bradley is talking?
I can scoot passed back and forth, is that it?
Can barely hear him.

Where the fuck is the controller in the train station

had to mute the game because this robotic voice was being annoying

edit: fucking found it argh my ears

Haha

Same thing happened to me this morning. The recording was driving me nuts, but I couldn't find the damned thing anywhere.

It took about 5-10 minutes to find.

Can barely hear him.

If you look around, there'll be a little thing you can activate (like the Challenge start points) to watch the video in full screen.

sort of agree….d

until the end credits.

that first song is the most rockingest fucking thing I ever heard and it's the whole game's tone encapsulated in like two minutes of pure garage (not punk, people, yeesh, goner records ain't no punk label, crack open a music segment of the best show lately? it don't sound like ya do!) rock.

IT'S PERFECT!!!!!

Can barely hear him.
There are some little icons in front of the buildings with the screens. Press Y on those to view the Sunset TV videos.

VinFTW

The EDM music segments elevate the game to legendary status for me. I didn't like the punk rock segments. When that dub/EDM music kicked in... fucking epic.

Here is my character:

1mBvpB2

Shes my bae<3

BraXzy

Anyone and everyone feel free to add me! Not many peeps on my friends lidt has this game and I want some competition in the challenges :D

GT: AnX IReCoiLz

E92 M3

As much as I love the Jet Set Radio soundtracks, I'm not sure that something like that would work with this game. The game is heavily punk rock influnced, so it makes sense to have a punk rock soundtrack.

I love the soundtrack in this game, by the way.

I don't see anything punk in this game lol. Just a colorful game with a bunch of fun stuff to do. Either way it's all personal taste.

sort of agree….d

until the end credits.

that first song is the most rockingest fucking thing I ever heard and it's the whole game's tone encapsulated in like two minutes of pure garage (not punk, people, yeesh, goner records ain't no punk label, crack open a music segment of the best show lately? it don't sound like ya do!) rock.

IT'S PERFECT!!!!!

I haven't got to the credits yet ;) Taking my time.

--

I think the customization in this game is outstanding. I spent around 20 minutes getting my character to where I wanted her. Definitely like playing as a female avatar this game.

Reading impressions of this game makes me incredibly jealous of Xbox One owners.

Really making it hard to resist a One. Thinking I'll pick one up after I move next year. Although paying for two online services is a hard pill to swallow :/

Also, we can finally stop calling Insomniac a shitty studio? Not that they ever were IMO.

Also, can I just say that by the end of this wacky silly game, I found it all to be quite sweet, actually. Through all the zany craziness, I actually thought this game's message of friendship felt really genuine and nice.

Truly the Parks and Recreation of video games.

Holy shit!
Just did the discovering fizzle side quest.
Is that insomniac taking a shot at insomniac?

Amazing!

This game man, just keeps getting better and better. I just got to the quest where I have to go meet the larpers but then I got distracted in the little amusement Park there playing with the gnome traps. How much more game is there?

Buck National. A true American hero.

Man, this game just keeps getting better and better. Super jump has really opened up a while new aspect to traversal.

Bring on the air dash.

Question, has anyone bought The Dude? Worth it?

E92 M3

Holy shit!
Just did the discovering fizzle side quest.
Is that insomniac taking a shot at insomniac?

Amazing!

This game man, just keeps getting better and better. I just got to the quest where I have to go meet the larpers but then I got distracted in the little amusement Park there playing with the gnome traps. How much more game is there?

Yes, it's amazing! I was cracking up so much at the part.

Gibran7

Quick question guys. can you own all the amps Floyd sells or do you have to pick and choose. I ask this because there is only a limited number of shoes etc around. Don't wanna get something I regret later.
---

Haines

Banned

Man, this game just keeps getting better and better. Super jump has really opened up a while new aspect to traversal.

Bring on the air dash.

First gun I bought. its played like a bowling ball. Slow charge heavy but mows down hordes that are in line like pins

JLeack

Banned
Quick question guys. can you own all the amps Floyd sells or do you have to pick and choose. I ask this because there is only a limited number of shoes etc around. Don't wanna get something I regret later.
---

You can collect them all like pokemon. :)

webkatt

Bring on the air dash.

I got the Head Banger variant and I don't like it. (Gamestop Bonus)

On a side note, anyone interested in swapping pre-order codes?

I have the Gamestop bonus and am looking for the Best Buy or Amazon bonus.

One of the first guns I bought was Captain Ahab or w/e it's called. The spear. I hate that thing such a waste. Low ammo capacity, its major use is to get hordes around a small pool of energy drink, but it barely attracts, and that it was the only weapon I had at the time that did enough damage to the robots. Now I have the boomerang which does a lot of damage to them.

Also finally get rid of the starting record player shooting gun. I got the fireworks one, which does equal damage to scabs and zaaahmbies

alexbull_uk

Really wish there was a screenshot feature on the Xbone now. This game is too good to not be snapping screenshots every 10 seconds.

Also, definitely agreed that the female VO is awesome. Well worth playing as a female just for that.

Just finished the game. Can't give enough credit to Insomniac for creating such a fantastic game. One of those really rare games where I enjoyed every moment from start to finish. I really hope that it does well and, assuming it's something Insomniac has interest in doing, we end up getting a sequel.

Now it's time to go through and get all the collectibles and complete all the achievements. Really curious as to what the DLC content will be. If it's anywhere near on par with the content in the game then I'll likely be picking up the season pass.

It's a charged weapon with a linear trajectory, can multi-kill lined up enemies. Basically a rail gun[?] with a bowling ball.

Now that doesn't sound too hot. Hmm, maybe I'll pass for now and get the acid sprinklers instead.

I didn't like it, but did you know that if you press y at the weapon select screen it will play a video that shows what the weapon does?

Whoa. This I did not know.

Top Bottom