• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Why would you want to though?

The traversal is so fun and the world so well realised with so many little details that using fast travel feels like it's doing the game a disservice.
Sure, I love that world, but I've already spent well over 20 hours in it. Sometimes, I just wanna get to some places ASAP. :p
Check the leaderboards.

That's also how you fast-travel to them.
You can also highlight it on the map and press X to see your score/medal.

umm, me and he wife did decide that perhaps we are old stuck in the muds, but here in the UK it is a swear word

Yeah, everyone has different levels of cringe to certain words, I understand. But there would be even more bleeping if they take words like that out haha

Megasoum

Banned
So many overdrives I want to use. I want more than 6 slots!

Also, am I crazy or I remember seeing somewhere in the menus that you could increase the grind speed and other kind of "base" abilities like that? I'm not seeing that in the overdrive list.

Had my first play of this today, it's ok, seems very much like inFAMOUS SS imo in it's design & gameplay mechanics.

The real issue i have is that i have had the game freeze about three times, i have the digital version with the white X1 console.

It just stops, all the action on screen just stops dead, the audio carries on but stutters & then the video starts to stutter along but very slowly, but also parts of the video/graphics disappear as the game stutters along, the only way i could get out of it was to press the 'X' button & quit the game & then start it up again.

Slightly worried about this now :/

This happened to me once, it's like the game is churning through whatever is happening on the screen and needs to catch up. I let it go for a minute and it just smoothed out and started working again.

Gaz_RB

Got the last Sunset Overdrive bundle in my entire town haha. Dudes behind me in line were pissed.

Now the update game begins...

Montresor

There's only one day left for the Blower challenge? UGH. =/ Pre-ordered Oct 27th and my copy probably won't come for another 3 days, so I'm going to miss that one. I'm glad I'm sort of "over" those dumbass challenges. I missed a couple in Ryse and skipped a couple in Max Curse of Brotherhood and have breathed _some_ sighs of relief since then. I used to think they were cool but they're just an early-adopter badge, with zero gamerscore - I hope it stays that way this whole gen.

What I would really like is for Microsoft to make some further pushes to absolutely differentiate between challenges and achievements. No more of this "Achievement unlocked" stuff when you unlock a challenge. No more combining challenges with achievements in the denominator count in the achievements app. I don't care if they keep challenges but make a clear, visible distinction between them and actual achievements.

LoveCake

This happened to me once, it's like the game is churning through whatever is happening on the screen and needs to catch up. I let it go for a minute and it just smoothed out and started working again.

Hmm yeah that sounds like it, i did leave it but once the things on screen started popping in & out, i quit the game.

I'm just going to have to keep a eye on it.

Teggy

Here's my hero, pants were a MP reward.

sunset.jpg~original

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
You know what's one of the best things in this game? You can enter missions/side missions/challenges and fast travel without the game telling you "You can't do that because duh there are enemies around you", I LOATHE it when open world games do this.

27 hours and counting.

Got all:

Cameras
Shoes
Overcharge signs
Toilet rolls

Ive got most of the Balloons, 1/4 of the high points, and none of the tagging, haha :(

785/1k

Ive only played 2 matches of Chaos Squad, will do more later

So many overdrives I want to use. I want more than 6 slots!

Also, am I crazy or I remember seeing somewhere in the menus that you could increase the grind speed and other kind of "base" abilities like that? I'm not seeing that in the overdrive list.
During grind and wall run use right bumper to increase speed.

Gowans

Working through the story, up to the larpers now and wow did not expect that last one before this.

It's going to strength to strength in gameplay and story.

Just finished the main story, but fortunately I've got tons of collectibles and challenges, as well as at least a few sidequests :D Plus, Chaos Squad! Should tide me over nicely until the MCC and DAI. Still, hope the DLC is coming sooner rather than later :)

Also, does anyone else think that the
fakeout in the ending
was sort of a poke at ME3 and others like it? A bombastic tale that
ends on an unfitting sober note?

So guys, I'm stuck in a loop. Fell off a building in a late game side mission and got the whole portal-esque save you from heights thing but now my character is standing on a road being constantly respawned by portals :)

EDIT: I fast traveled out and now I am in a cutscene conversation and the other person is being attacked by a bunch of scabs during the dialogue XD

Anyone else having a problem with the taking back a district missions? After I raise the third flag nothing happens. The mission doesn't complete and I have no objective marker.

Grisby

I love the animation when she fast travels, I smile every time.
It's that black out drunk drop. The fall is perfect. Such a lightweight.
By the way, I love the animation when you jump back into game. The punching of the camera is fantastic, always manages to make me laugh.
That was one of the first thing I mentioned some pages back. For me, little things like that give the game so much personality.

I wish the Chaos Squad would scale with number of players. The amount of satisfaction you get playing certain missions with 8 players is great diminished. Not to mention the FPS tanks so consistently in night defense.

I'd much rather do 4 players online with scaling.

Top Bottom