• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Evo X

Picked this up earlier tonight and god DAMN if this isn't some of the most fun I've had gaming this year!

Must have played for 4 hours, and the only thing stopping me is the fact that it's 4am and I'm about to pass out. Well done Insomniac!

And yes, like many others, I am also using a super sexy female character :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So much fun. This game reminds me of the time I started playing games. It wasn't for the graphics or the kills, it was for fun. Well done insomniac, well done.

Feindflug

Game sounds so much fun, happy to see that Insomniac is back at Resistance 3 level of awesomeness with this game.

Can't wait to play this next month when I'll get my Xbone, I just hope that the character creation tools are good enough so I can create my Siouxsie.

webkatt

Am I pretty GAF?!

xegTpHn.jpg

5rVk0Jf.jpg

And on a side note, that ARG was fun/frustrating!

madp0k

Got a glitch trying to
trying to get the crane keys as they didn't appear after killing the big lad
had to restart the mission

Do we know what kind of content is coming in the season pass? I originally didn't buy it because I didn't expect to like Sunset so much, but now that I've played it and loved it I'm definitely thinking about it.

p3tran

Banned
Do we know what kind of content is coming in the season pass? I originally didn't buy it because I didn't expect to like Sunset so much, but now that I've played it and loved it I'm definitely thinking about it.

hopefully ...awesome content.

I didnt buy the pass at first, but I did buy it right after completing my first session with the game.

so, HOPEFULLY it will be AWESOME! right jstevens0n?

nOoblet16

Man I like this game but it has some glaring shortcomings, the biggest being the mission structure all being Fetch quests. They all literally feel the same. Also I know it's in the name but just having one TOD makes it a bit visually boring after a while, partly cause all the areas have the same style. So far the only times I've seen a time of day that's different from Sunset is the opening and the defending the Overcharge missions.

This thread is making me feel good about my decision to buy an Xbox one for now and the Sunset Overdrive. Love the customization. Can't wait to play.
Welp, just bought the Sunset Overdrive Bundle on Amazon, so I'll be playing this Wednesday :D

Can't wait.

Ohhh?! Come play Chaos Squad with me after you get it! :D

Well...you should probably get some weapons, amps, traps, and stuff before you go play online though. Hah.

Oh, yeah, I should try out Chaos Squad. I still haven't played it.

New areas/locations, weapons, amps.

Hopefully we'll get the robo-dog back as a permanent weapon choice. I miss it so damn much.

V_Ben

Banned
Just finished it, and that was pretty much fantastic. Such style and silliness to it all, loved it. Now to clean up the city.

Hubble

The animations and particle effects are so stylish. It's funny when you're grinding on the water and you run out slowing down and flapping your arms slowly. The tornado melee effect looks so cool. I kept meleeing just to see it.

arhra

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-sunset-overdrive-season-pass

• Two campaign Game Add-ons that each deliver new locations to explore, stories to experience, and bosses to battle. Each of these Add-ons also includes new weapons, new Amps, a new Trap, new character outfits as well as new challenges and Chaos Squad* objectives!
  • The Weapons Pack Game Add-on, which includes four deadly new weapons to augment your arsenal!
  • BONUS - six character outfits, two Amps and two Traps to use as soon as the game is released

I likely could've beaten this game this morning, as I played it for several hours. However, I spent a lot of time doing side missions and finding collectibles, including doing the comics quest.

I just met the final faction, so I'm sure I'm very close. Man this game is fun, though. I may buy all the maps and go back and find all the collectibles in it. Season Pass will be a must. The only downside is that it's hard crashed on me once.

T.O.P

Banned
http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-sunset-overdrive-season-pass

• Two campaign Game Add-ons that each deliver new locations to explore, stories to experience, and bosses to battle. Each of these Add-ons also includes new weapons, new Amps, a new Trap, new character outfits as well as new challenges and Chaos Squad* objectives!
  • The Weapons Pack Game Add-on, which includes four deadly new weapons to augment your arsenal!
  • BONUS - six character outfits, two Amps and two Traps to use as soon as the game is released

Grabbing the pass asap then

E92 M3

I hope the DLC has a lot of content. I'm dragging this game out for as long as possible. Sunset absolutely deserved 60 dollars. Insomniac basically made the game I was waiting for.

Also, the focus group jokes was one of the best things in the game.

cheezcake

I finished the main campaign in 12 hours.

Then I realised I still have dozens of side quests, 50+ challenges and 100's of collectibles to go after.

d91.gif

Vico

I think I'll bite on the season pass too.
You have my trust, Insomniac. Don't disappoint.

Also, what are the sales looking like? I'm wondering about the Bundles' sales and the game's sales.

I think I'll bite on the season pass too.
You have my trust, Insomniac. Don't disappoint.

Also, what are the sales looking like? I'm wondering about the Bundles' sales and the game's sales.

No one knows for sure besides MS/Insomniac. Phil Spencer in a recent Major Nelson podcast did say sales are good, though. I just hope they are good enough for a sequel. I want new one every other year!

I wasn't paying attention to the NPC's dialogue, and then caught this hilarious line out of the blue.

"You know what I would do if I turned into a dragon? Just enjoy being a fucking dragon."

is there a list of all clothing items with pics? I seriously doubt it because i know some are chaos squad exclusive which is random with its rewards but it would be nice to just see all the variety.

I wasn't paying attention to the NPC's dialogue, and then caught this hilarious line out of the blue.

"You know what I would do if I turned into a dragon? Just enjoy being a fucking dragon."

That line actually ended up in a short video I recorded, but I mainly recorded it for the line that my character said after that, which gave me a good laugh.

Also, I noticed that sometimes your character will move their mouth when someone else is talking to them.

Strider

There are a lot of hilarious quotes in this game.

My two favorite missions are basically because I couldn't stop laughing at the quotes. The
4 catapult mission where the guy screams "Help! I'm losing HP!" and the rollercoaster castle mission to get the king's crown back... you're fighting a mini-boss... "you got this! He's nothing but a mini-boss to you!"

neurophd

Where do I find traversal chain count during the game while trying to achieve Floor is Lava? It is different from combo count? Also does anyone understand how the Murderang works? I don't understand how to insure that the Murderangs come back to me.

rokkerkory

I just ordered my SO Bundle on Amazon! WOOT... Will join you guys soon. :)

Looking forward to bouncing around and killing some OD

I finished the main campaign in 12 hours.

Then I realised I still have dozens of side quests, 50+ challenges and 100's of collectibles to go after.

d91.gif

Same here I was at like 14 hours and I was so bummed when I realized it was the end of the game. It will drop you back into the map so you can finish the side quests and challenges.

VinFTW

I just ordered my SO Bundle on Amazon! WOOT... Will join you guys soon. :)

Looking forward to bouncing around and killing some OD

Dude it's sososososo good.

I can't stop thinking about the game, the ending, the shooting, traversal.

It's a game that haunts you when you sleep to get you up and go play some more.

It's def. my GOTY so far.

ArchAngel

The german dub seems to have some bug or missing sound samples.

Should there be a voice when the bard rocks/sings after you got the kings medicine? In the german she just moves her lips, but no sound.

rokkerkory

Dude it's sososososo good.

I can't stop thinking about the game, the ending, the shooting, traversal.

It's a game that haunts you when you sleep to get you up and go play some more.

It's def. my GOTY so far.

hype rising... you mean until HMCC comes out? :D

Footos22

Where do I find traversal chain count during the game while trying to achieve Floor is Lava? It is different from combo count? Also does anyone understand how the Murderang works? I don't understand how to insure that the Murderangs come back to me.

Just go up and down a double powerline. And alternate lines. But chances are you'll get it without trying anyway.

ekim

Finished the game. What a ride... That last mission was a bit too easy though... but lol at the neogaf mention.
GOTY candidate for me together with FH2.

picked this up yesterday, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. too much on my plate. looking forward to checking it out and hoping that it's as good as everyone in this thread is claiming.

Just sold the game and the X1 to a friend. He wouldn't stop playing, had to force the bastard to give up the controller and get the hell outta my house.

His comments when leaving - Sega need to let Insomniac make a new Jet Set Radio.

Anyway, captured some footage of his traversal and this is what he was pulling off a couple of hours after he started playing...

http://a.pomf.se/uylbfy.webm

I've been playing for damn near 10 hours so far and I still haven't fully mastered wall running and this guy pulls this shit off after just two hours with the game?

Goddamn, do I suck....

Megasoum

Banned
I can't shake off the feeling that there's something wrong with the audio in the game. It feels so quiet... Like there's music when you get your combo going but other than that, there's actual dead air which feels really weird and jarring.

I can't shake off the feeling that there's something wrong with the audio in the game. It feels so quiet... Like there's music when you get your combo going but other than that, there's actual dead air which feels really weird and jarring.

One of the problems with having a dynamic music system in place I guess?

I honestly haven't really noticed any really quiet moments.

Top Bottom