• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Just finished the game. Got most of the sidequests finished as well... Now its down to the collectathon and upgrades for multiplayer.

Game of the Year for sure for me.

Fantasticly well done.

VinFTW

Just finished the game. Got most of the sidequests finished as well... Now its down to the collectathon and upgrades for multiplayer.

Fantasticly well done.

Agreed.

Just started doing all the sidequests. Man, so well done, like main quests w/ cutscenes. They're great.

Just did my first challenge and I fucking love 'em. Gonna go around do 'em all.

Gray Matter

One of my friends today said the game looks childish because of the art style and how colorful it is. I had a good laugh.

Hopefully I get to play this soon.

Footos22

I removed my kangaroo codpiece and settled for trousers. The textures loading constantly makes my guy spawn with a bare ass.

Lucent

I haven't figured out what highpoints are or the tagging thing. lol

I've completed all story missions and quests. So all that's left is collecting the rest of the collectibles and doing the other 41 challenges I haven't done.

Thinking after I've done all that I probably won't pick it up again until the DLC hits. The world kinda feels off now that there are no more mission icons to go to or characters to help and stuff. Just constant battles between the OD, Scabs, and FizzBots. Traversal is always fun but just finding it boring to shoot stuff anymore now that there's no more missions to be heading towards while I do that.

Fantasticly well done.
Did you run into any issues with the raise the flag side quests? After I raise all three nothing happens. All I can do is abandon quest and try again.

VinFTW

Did you run into any issues with the raise the flag side quests? After I raise all three nothing happens. All I can do is abandon quest and try again.

This may be a stupid question, but you defended the flags right?

I thought at first all you had to do was hit it and go to the next one, but you need to defend it and make sure you keep hitting it if an OD or enemy resets it.

Just got to Downtown and hit hour number 20. I've been doing every side quest, challenge and collectable because I don't want it to end.

blakep267

just when I thought this game couldn't impress me anymore, I play the Excalamune quest

It almost makes me never want to visit Videogamer again. A 6, this is a 6?

just when I thought this game couldn't impress me anymore, I play the Excalamune quest

The humour and tone rubbed them the wrong way. They won't be last, I don't believe it's constructive or even fair to criticise them for that.

It won't be to everyone's taste after all.

Gaz_RB

>"Ready to Start"
>Click start
>"Installing"
>XB1:
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Seriously. As I was playing the 99 part of that quest, I was thinking, as I was playing it, that I'd be replaying this mission for the rest of my life. It was just that fun.

IG, please create a challenge involving a fully powered Excalamune so we don't have to fight those effing wingers to get to that 99 ish.

It won't be to everyone's taste after all.
If the humor doesn't work for you and you're not into doing those solo tower-defensish missions than I can see how the game would sour on some people.

For what it is though, the game is quality on every level. Its way more refined than it should be, and always manages to keeps things fresh.

RedStep

You know what's one of the best things in this game? You can enter missions/side missions/challenges and fast travel without the game telling you "You can't do that because duh there are enemies around you", I LOATHE it when open world games do this.

Even better is the ability to enter challenges/quests in the middle of a mission and go back to what you were doing after. It's RPG-like in that regard, you can "check off your list" while you're out instead of having to make a note to come back and complete a Weapon Challenge when you're done with the mission you're on.

It may cut down play time, but that's just wasted time running back and forth so whatevs.

If the humor doesn't work for you and you're not into doing those solo tower-defensish missions than I can see how the game would sour on some people.

For what it is though, the game is quality on every level. Its way more refined than it should be, and always manages to keeps things fresh.

It absolutely is quality on every level. It's a damn fine package. I had pretty high expectations and it's still managed to surpass every single one of them.

One of the best games I've played this year and would be at the top of my list if it weren't for MCC and OG Halo 2 multiplayer and D4.

I'm having so much fun with this game that I am extremely tempted to buy the season pass within the next week or so. Goddamn 12 hours in now and loving it.

Started playing an hour ago, having a lot of fun. Reminds me a hell of a lot of Crackdown.

Need to get used to the movement controls, but the mobility is great. After so much Destiny, the lack of a double jump is fucking with me. :lol

Strider

Started playing an hour ago, having a lot of fun. Reminds me a hell of a lot of Crackdown.

Need to get used to the movement controls, but the mobility is great. After so much Destiny, the lack of a double jump is fucking with me. :lol

Keep on playing. Air dash > double jump :)

Top Bottom