• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Leyasu

Banned
My next main mission is the one where you get the AK-FU.

But I'm leaving the mainline quests for now, so I can concentrate on the side missions. Then I'm going to work on the collectables to build more amps.

I equipped the amp that sometimes creates the massive explosion with BOOM wrote in it lol so good.

Love this game!! The defense of the vats on the boat earlier was fucking incredible. Insomniac please create some defense areas...

Megasoum

Banned
First open world game in ages where the side missions are not simply an instance of one of the game's mechanic to get some cheap bonus XP. You do meaninful stuff and often get meaningfull rewards. This is one of the many very refreshing thing about this game.

GoxRx

I agree with the positive comments here. After the first 90 minutes I felt like the game was good and I was enjoying it but once you learn the controls the game became excellent. I beat the campaign 2 days ago and now I'm doing side quests, even the side quests are well designed and not boring at all.

Sunset Overdrive is GOTY material in my opinion. It surpassed my expectations(and I was hyped)

I'm having a really weird bug in this game. Whenever music starts in a mission, it suddenly cuts off after a few seconds and then stops completely, and never comes back.

Restarting the game seems to help, but the issue pops back up soon after.

I agree with the positive comments here. After the first 90 minutes I felt like the game was good and I was enjoying it but once you learn the controls the game became excellent.

You're right, it takes a little while to get used to the controls and movement but once you get the hang of it the game becomes so much fun. The Air Dash makes things so much better too.

Awesome. Good thing I won't have to buy an Xbone to play this.

Huh?

Ecto311

At about 8 hours in and just doing the story. Funniest thing to me so far was "I am in the wrong burrito" caught me off guard and actually got a laugh from me.

woodland

Anyone randomly glitch through the geometry? Happened 2 or 3 times now where I glitch into the train, or into a water tower, etc. Can't get out. Have to fast travel and end some quests or reboot out of there.

JLeack

Banned
just when I thought this game couldn't impress me anymore, I play the Excalamune quest

It almost makes me never want to visit Videogamer again. A 6, this is a 6?

That quest is so good. Did you like the prize item? :)

And yup I agreed with absolutely no points I'm their review. Not a fan.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Stopped in to Gamestop and to my surprise someone had literally just traded a copy of SO in! So, $40 later I'm now installing the game! Hyped to play this!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just gold'd all the traversal challenges, easily my favorite type, crazy fun.

Also, 22 hours in and I just noticed this:

zoRPxsp.gif

I was like, wait, the planes actually drop these?!

qGxFh.png

By the way, I love the animation when you jump back into game. The punching of the camera is fantastic, always manages to make me laugh.

yeah I like it too

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...lord&vid=75f557fe-7477-4981-aeec-df5b7f41d84e

I am holding on to that Excalibur sword while looking for collectibles. It makes clearing out places easy. I'll turn it in when I find all the things.

I wasn't planning on getting the season pass, but I did. I'm not interested in MP, just SP stuff. Please Insomniac don't burn me.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Does anyone have any tips for the Charge Beam challenge? I have gold in everything else, but for some reason I can't get a whiff of getting close to getting gold on that one. I'm doing something wrong, or I don't understand the mechanics, but the miltikill and killstreak bonuses feel very spotty on whether they'll pop. One time I'll blast a group and get like 3600 bonus points and other times I'll get nothing.

Edit: Finally got it! That was a pain in the butt!

Kalm

zoRPxsp.gif

The attention to detail is fantastic and constantly surprising.

I just happened to accidentally bounce on one of rocket-car things in the amusement park and it shot off, flew 50 feet, detonated and took out a cluster of Scabs. Amazing.

webkatt

I made a list of all the pre-order/exclusive costumes/weapons/etc

Day One Edition (Retail/Digital)
-"Nothin' but the Hits" gun
-"It's Me! Fizzie!" outfit
-"Hardcore! Hammer"
1hKI8V5l.jpg

Digital Pre-Order/Microsoft Store Pre-Order
-Acordes de la Muerte
-The Hangover
55U1e5cl.jpg

Season Pass
-Bonus Outfits/Traps
11gGnFel.jpg

Jw1j7IQl.jpg

f4o19uTl.jpg

nEv93tQl.jpg

u6QQh8Wl.jpg

VjnDMb2l.jpg

4y4MTTzl.jpg

GameStop Pre-Order
-OD Wannabe Outfit
-Head-Banger Gun
GJNZdHYl.jpg

Amazon Pre-Order
-Hotty Shotty gun
-Wasteland Character Outfit
q1i5A43l.jpg

Best Buy Pre-Order
-Fizzco Bot Outfit
-AK-FOFF gun
-String Theory Helmet
0AUzDTWl.jpg

ufco6whl.jpg

Wal-Mart Pre-Order
-S'more Action
oPxUn2Pl.jpg

Canada (Pre-Order)
-The Bigfoot (Melee) Weapon
71a9tkEl.png

Also gets
-OD Wannabe Outfit
-Wasteland Character Outfit
-Fizzco Bot Outfit

ExpertZone
-Gray Splatter Helmet
zUMkmQkl.jpg

Internet/Twitter Freebies
-Granny's Revenge outfit (No Longer Available)
-Rock N' Hop Headphones
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/sunset-overdrive/weapons#fbid=74G1EpJiSm9
6TQraPQl.jpg

XupiO21l.jpg

FU1swlBl.jpg

Anyone on ExpertZone wannabe my best friend?!

I made a list of all the pre-order/exclusive costumes/weapons/etc

Season Pass
OD Wannabe Outfit
Head-Banger Gun
Hotty Shotty gun
Wasteland Character Outfit
Fizzco Bot Outfit
AK-FOFF gun
Acordes de la Muerte
The Hangover
+Bonus Outfits/Traps
11gGnFel.jpg

Jw1j7IQl.jpg

f4o19uTl.jpg

nEv93tQl.jpg

u6QQh8Wl.jpg

VjnDMb2l.jpg

4y4MTTzl.jpg
Are you sure about this? I bought the day one + season pass version and I do not have the Fizzco Bot Outfit, AK-FOFF, Wasteland outfit, OD Wannabe Outfit, Head-Banger Gun, or Hotty Shotty gun

Can anyone confirm? I think the season pass comes with some outfits but I don't think it is the ones listed here.

danielreis

Neo Member
Just finished... so, so good!

My personal GOTY. Lots of great missions, loved the humor and the general tone. Even the side quests are great!

Insomniac delivered a great experience, and Sunset is the most fun game of this new generation so far. Now it's time to play some Chaos and replay a few missions.

webkatt

Are you sure about this? I bought the day one + season pass version and I do not have the Fizzco Bot Outfit, AK-FOFF, Wasteland outfit, OD Wannabe Outfit, Head-Banger Gun, or Hotty Shotty gun

Can anyone confirm? I think the season pass comes with some outfits but I don't think it is the ones listed here.

My mistake. I meant Digital Deluxe. Updating now.

Vico

I've been away all week-end, but I'll be back on Sunset for my second session tomorrow night, and I can't wait. It really is THAT addictive.

Murray97

Has anyone noticed their sound fucking up a bit in chaos squad when a LOT of shit is going on? Unsure if its my xbox or just the game.

Just beat it this morning! It is now at least in my top 15 best games of all time, and officially my game of the year by far! Sorry Forza Horizon 2, close but no cigar!

cool_dude

Banned

zoRPxsp.gif

qGxFh.png

Yes, so awesome. The sky is awesome too! One of the best games this year!

webkatt

Lol I know that is what I mean too. That stuff doesn't seem to have come with the digital deluxe.

Weird I could have sworn I read it on the description. I'm probably wrong then. I edited the post.

I have a string theory helmet code up for trade.

Just finished... so, so good!

My personal GOTY. Lots of great missions, loved the humor and the general tone. Even the side quests are great!

Insomniac delivered a great experience, and Sunset is the most fun game of this new generation so far. Now it's time to play some Chaos and replay a few missions.

How many hours?

Top Bottom