• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Working on a little fanart, i plan to turn Fizzie into a vintage mascotte (probably with a full background, kinda like an old poster for the Overcharge Delirium XT as if it came out in the 30s!)... Still a WIP, consider this as just a small preview - but i surely appreciate all kinds of feedbacks, so bring it on guys! :)

sBrGruq.png

Pointy teeth maybe? Otherwise cool!

flkraven

Working on a little fanart, i plan to turn Fizzie into a vintage mascotte (probably with a full background, kinda like an old poster for the Overcharge Delirium XT as if it came out in the 30s!)... Still a WIP, consider this as just a small preview - but i surely appreciate all kinds of feedbacks, so bring it on guys! :)

sBrGruq.png

This is an awesome idea. One thing to note, instead of aluminum cans, how would orange glass bottles look? Might be more era-appropriate if it looks good.

Mdk7

This is an awesome idea. One thing to note, instead of aluminum cans, how would orange glass bottles look? Might be more era-appropriate if it looks good.

I thought about that yesterday, i even looked at the evolution of Coca Cola cans/bottle, but i was frankly too lazy to do them... XD
So to make it more vintage-looking i changed the Fizzco logo with something different...

Thanks for the feedback dude, i really appreciate! (and i might give it a go with bottles, eventually)

Mdk7

Those are crazy good. Great job. Mind if I use one as an avatar?

I'd be honored if you do so, but you might wanna wait for it to be complete... :)

As for the guy who suggested pointed teeth, i deliberately made it with teeth like those to give it a Goofy-er look.

And Benjamin, of course i'll make a sepia version of it, with paper filters and so on.
I plan to make a full poster, but we'll see. :D

Thanks for the feedback guys, it motivates me a lot.
Yesterday Insomniac also showed their appreciation thru Twitter, it was great for me as a designer. :D

Hey all. I know I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to ask everyone what their thoughts were on the game, both good and bad.

I've been reading reviews and they all are very good but I wanted to ask my Gaf brethren what they thought of the game. I've been playing a ton of Destiny and have MCC a few days away but could make room/time for this game if it's as good as I've heard.

So... give me the good and the bad. Thanks guys. Hope you all are enjoying it.

FeD.nL

I fucking love this game. Completed the story which was just a joy to play through with so many great missions and am now doing all the side stuff. This game is just perfection for me, it's such a rewarding experience just to play seeing that combo meter rise, doing the challenges and just traversing the map in general feels amazing. I can say without a doubt this is my GOTY, no game will surpass this as Sunset Overdrive is just a joy to play.

I know it probably does not mean much but the guys/girls at Insomniac thank you for developing such an amazing experience. Now to do more challenges.

Reading that Christmas level thread got me thinking...

This game need a Christmas themed demo like NiGHTS, or at least one cool mission with some clothing pieces. It just makes too much sense.

This game need a Christmas themed demo like NiGHTS, or at least one cool mission with some clothing pieces. It just makes too much sense.

Oh man, that would be great. Or even like a winter/X-mas theme change in the world around Christmastime (like GTA Online did). Game is ripe for it.

I beat all of the side quests last night, then, in spite of having to get up in five hours, decided to go for broke and beat the game.

That last mission was fun! I just kept thinking to myself "wow, this game sure looks gorgeous!"

Honestly, I am a little sad that I'm done with the missions. I'm certain I am going to go for the collectibles and try to fit in as many challenges as I can, just because I had so much fun with this game. All in all, I am glad this was my first Xbox One title I played through. It felt like a great title to christen the system with. Now on to the Season Pass!

Ont

Hey all. I know I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to ask everyone what their thoughts were on the game, both good and bad.

I've been reading reviews and they all are very good but I wanted to ask my Gaf brethren what they thought of the game. I've been playing a ton of Destiny and have MCC a few days away but could make room/time for this game if it's as good as I've heard.

I think this is the best game I have played in past few years on any platform. It has that Nintendo quality. Missions that would be utterly boring in other games are lot of fun in this game because the gameplay is so enjoyable. I have spent hours just flying around the city and not getting any further in the main story missions because the traversal system is so much fun to use.

My only complaint is that there should be more multiplayer co-op modes in the game.

eshwaaz

Wait... What is that?

There's a weapon only unlockable via multiplayer?
I believe that's the case, and it's apparently a really good weapon, too.

Not interested in Chaos Squad, but I really want it. I just want to know the shortest path to getting it.

JonCha

So do you get anything for actually getting all of the collectibles? Someone mentioned here that there is an end game that begins after getting 100% completion?

It's an incredible game... I'd get it immediately

I literally bought this game last week to hold me over until the Halo release next week.

Now I'm going to put off Halo until I'm done with this game. My GotY so far

Ducayne

Played a few rounds of Chaos Squad last night and HOLY MOLY is it fun.

I didn't watch a lot of preview videos about how it worked before stepping it-- I just assumed it was basic horde mode w/ traps which didn't fully interest me. Love that it is indeed set in the open world with mission style challenges that work towards bonuses during Night Defense. And the way they integrated competition with cooperation is just brilliant! Love love love-- I can see this adding a lot of value & replayability to the game once I finish story mode. Definitely interested in the Season Pass now...

flkraven

Oh man, that would be great. Or even like a winter/X-mas theme change in the world around Christmastime (like GTA Online did). Game is ripe for it.

Some christmas dlc. Maybe a new weapon amp that adds a blizzard proc sort of like the nuke proc.

I played a couple more missions last night and my impressions have only gotten better.

All I can say is Boo-Boo, LOL. What an awesome mission! (Don't worry so spoilers there)

I'm getting better at the traversal but I'm still not very good. I guess I'm going to have to wait to do a bunch of time trials to get better. I just need that air boost...

iso135

At 15 hours with this game...how? I can't have played that much... time just flies.

I think I am around 60-75% through the main missions.

This game also really uses that trigger rumble. Scared the shit out of me at first, because I'd dropped it during my last session of playing Destiny, and when I picked up SO I thought my controller was dying. :lol

At 15 hours with this game...how? I can't have played that much... time just flies.

That's what happens when a game is fun to control. You can do nothing that has a real objective for hours and still have fun.

Hmm I haven't even noticed it.

It's just more prominent than what I encountered playing Destiny. At least, that's what I think. It was the first time I really felt the rumble inside the trigger itself. Only seems to occur during traversal, though.

Or maybe my controller really is busted, who can say.

Tell me about it... I was at my brothers place and I was trying to fix the problem where he couldn't play chaos squad... I ended up just bouncing on umbrellas and grinding on rails for half an hour lol.

iso135

That's what happens when a game is fun to control. You can do nothing that has a real objective for hours and still have fun.

So true. With most games I beat the campaign or story mode and stop playing. I like this game a lot so I have done all the side quests and many challenges and collectibles in order to postpone completing the story. But, now I have gone back to the story because I feel like this is a game that I will stick with even after completion.

kazinova

This game, this game. THIS. GAME.

So good. Just finished the troop section of the game and almost couldn't stop playing. The last mission in that area is EPIC.

I have to consider this game for my Top 5 of 2014, not whether or not it gets on the list, but just how high on the list it goes.

Johnohno

Just finished the main story and loved every single minute of it. Easily my GOTY. Props to Insomniac for making such a great game.

Now to finish off the rest of those collectibles and mess around in the city some more.

Just beat it, GOTY for me too.

AC: Unity, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are going to have to be REALLY good to top Sunset Overdrive in my opinion. I know it's not the same genre, but Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare feels absolutely boring and lifeless in comparison. This game is shaping my experience with others in a bad way. LOL

Top Bottom