• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

lostcauz

Does anyone need the downtown chaos achievement still, most people I'm matched with are terrible/don't have the hairspray bomb.

VinFTW

This game, man.

I could not stop laughing at the "Focus Group" mission.

LMAO, that mission was pure Insomniac gold.

best mission is by far anything to do with Fizzie. The main Fizzie quest is da best as well as the side quests.

Still think the funniest part of this game for me is hands down the line in the Chuck-e cheese style place.
don't do it right away though... you might burn the fuck out of it

Grisby

So Downtown chaos achievement is complete. Got with a good group of folks and we went through it twice.

So many Wingers around and you can't really worry about them. That's actally my advice for chaos missions. Focus on the grubs becuse they are the ones that will destory you. Most of the groups I've been with just freeze the Herkers and focus on the lackeys.
Awesome. Loved her in the SR games. The female actress in SO comes pretty close - she's doing a good job - much better than the male one.
Yeah, it's kind of weird having the boss around. She's a very talented voice actress.

Just started this game. I'm glad I stuck with the default hair,face and voice. Just like Mass Effect, the game doesn't feel right if I am looking at some other than default.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is female LARPer voiced by the same VO who did Jaina Proudmore in WoW?

Google says yes, Laura Bailey did that voice as well. For me she's one of my Jedi Knight companions from SWTOR.

dedhead54

Really not a fan of the night defense missions... Only thing I don't really like about the game.

Agree. I have only done two or three, because I would rather do anything else instead.

This is probably the most overall fun I've had playing a game since I was a teenager. The pop culture/gaming references really put a smile on my face, in a way that no game has really done before.

Great way to dive into the XBone (bought the bundle).

I got my White SO bundle today and played a bit and man, it's so much better than I was expecting. All the video previews I saw prior to launch looked so boring but this game and the humor are really a blast.

webkatt

I won a stand from the ARG site/game. Yay!

Too bad I have a charging dock for my controllers and have no use for the stand.

Squishy3

Played until I couldn't play any more (Just after the part at the Overcharge launch party) since it needs to install the rest. Traversal feels good even with just bounce and grind. Will post more tomorrow since I'm going to bed now

I think I have a problem.

I beat the game and have done every side quest mission that has popped up but I still do not have the upgrade every fort achievement or get to the bottom of Fizzco's corporate secrets achievement. I have done 3 of the 4 for the forts and 1 of the 3 for the secrets. No more quests will appear though. I have played around in SP for hours now waiting but nothing.

Anyone else run into this?

Just finished the game. Took me 23 hours, did all the collectibles except for high points and tagging as well as did 35 challanges. All that is left now is online and the rest of the challenges as well as the high points + tagging. Definitely GOTY contender, really loved the game and the only thing I didn't enjoy about it was the forced defense missions but otherwise everything else was smooth sailing. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the side quests. The humor may not be for everyone but me? I liked it. Thanks to the travesal in this game, it makes everything such a joy all the way to the end I have been getting JSRF + Crackdown vibes. Great, creative as fuck weapons especially the
AK-FU
which is very ironic lol.

Overall, I really recommend the game to anyone who loves open world games and JSRF but with weapons. Story is nothing special but it definitely gives you the driving force to move forward and the game has some pretty weird characters that I absolutely don't regret meeting. Great ending but
I am guessing it is implied that there will be a sequel? which is a good thing.

Here is my character through out the game.

V57Fk8T.jpg

I also made a list of every reference I caught, I am sure that is not everyone of them I bet but its pretty interesting. *Warning: SPOILERS*

Bill and Ted: Excellent Adventure
Scarface
Breaking Bad
Star Trek
Dracula
Risky Business (Old Time Rock and Roll)
Mission Impossible
The Ring
Portal
Terminator
Terminator 2
The Undertaker
Beetlejuice
Arrested Development
Neogaf
GameFaqs
Dirty Harry
The Warriors
The Big Lebowski
Cabin in the Woods
Game of Thrones
LOTR
Killer Instinct announcer
Jurassic Park
2001: A Space Odessey
Insomniac games list
Star Wars
Pulp Fiction
Reddit
The Mask
Day of the dead
The Dark Knight
King Buzzo
Assassins Creed

Now onto Bayonetta 2 before MCC/AC: Unity releases!

eshwaaz

What's the best/quickest way to unlock the Propain Launcher in Chaos Squad? I'm not really interested in multiplayer, but I really want that weapon!

Top Bottom